Sports is a physical activity that uses skills and physical exertion, which happens under a set of rules that is not based on aesthetics!
Each sport is different and played with a different set of rules. Let's learn more about sports with this list of the ultimate sports trivia questions and answers for kids, which includes trivia questions for teens, family trivia questions on sports as well as middle school trivia questions and sports trivia for kids.
Think you can ace these sports trivia questions for kids? Well, if you are a true sports fan we are sure you can get them right, you might even find these kid trivia questions and answers funny! This fun children's trivia will surely help you and your kids learn more about the world of sports. Enjoy!
Fun Sports Trivia For Kids
Take up this fun sports trivia for kids to test your knowledge on sports like basketball and hockey. This funny trivia for kids will identify the ultimate sports enthusiast in your family!
1. Question: What is the diameter of a basketball hoop in inches?
2. Question: A touchdown is worth how many points in American Football?
3. Question: What is the circumference of a basketball?
Answer: Nine inches.
4. Question: What is the number of players on each team in a football match?
Answer: 11 players.
5. Question: The Olympics are held every how many years?
6. Question: Which sport is also called the 'King of sports'?
7. Question: What are three back-to-back strikes in bowling called?
Answer: A turkey.
8. Question: How many players are there in a cricket match in total?
9. Question: Which sporting event is held every year on Memorial Day?
Answer: Indianapolis 500.
10. Question: How many players are there on a baseball team?
Answer: Nine players.
11. Question: What is Canada’s national sport?
12. Question: On a standard British dartboard, what number is next to (on the right) the number 20?
13. Question: Which African country was the first from the continent to qualify for a World Cup?
14. Question: First bat advantage is given to which team in baseball?
Answer: The visiting team.
15. Question: An average golf ball has how many dimples?
16. Question: How many total minutes of action are there in an average baseball game?
17. Question: Tennis was introduced as an Olympic sport in which year?
18. Question: Where is the most famous tennis tournament in England held?
19. Question: Which country has cricket as their national sport?
20. Question: What were the first placers awarded during the first modern Olympics?
Answer: Silver medals.
21. Question: How many medals were bagged by China at the Beijing Olympics in 2008?
22. Question: How many Olympic Games have been held in countries that no longer exist?
23. Question: In NFL, which team has neither hosted nor played in the Super Bowl?
Answer: Cleveland Browns.
24. Question: What are the only two states in the US that are yet to send a team to the NCAA?
Answer: Alaska and Maine.
Hard Sports Trivia Questions For Kids
Test your knowledge about fun sports such as hockey and basketball with this sports trivia game for kids, beware, these sports trivia questions can get a little hard as it is sports trivia, hard time! Get in gear ready for this hard sports trivia questions quiz!
25. Question: Michael Jordan was nicknamed after which basketball player as a young high school basketball enthusiast?
Answer: Magic Johnson.
26. Question: What is the most watched sport in the world?
27. Question: Which color card means a send-off in soccer?
28. Question: How many runs do you get for a no-ball in cricket?
29. Question: How many referees are there overall in a soccer match?
30. Question: What is the full name of the NBA?
Answer: National Basketball Association.
31. Question: Basketball player Dr. J is well known among all, but what is his real name?
Answer: Julius Erving.
32. Question: True or false? Hockey pucks are frozen before each game.
33. Question: In NBA history, who was the first ever player to score 2,000 points in a single season?
Answer: George Yardley.
34. Question: The hockey Stanley Cup was once used for what unique purpose?
Answer: As a cereal bowl.
35. Question: How many minutes are issued for a minor penalty in ice hockey?
36. Question: What is the name of the ice surface that ice hockey is played on?
37. Question: What were baseballs covered with?
Fun Trivia About Sports
Are you up for some fun trivia questions for kids? This sporting trivia makes great fun kids trivia games, with loads of funny trivia questions for kids. Learn more fun facts and some shocking facts about different sports with these sports trivia quizzes and quiz question about sports.
38. Question: Michael Sam was drafted by which team?
Answer: St. Louis Rams.
39. Question: In a Triple Crown race what was the biggest margin of victory ever?
Answer: 31 lengths.
40. Question: Who was the last MVP selected from a losing team?
Answer: Chuck Howley.
41. Question: Who is the most decorated Olympian of all time?
Answer: Michael Phelps.
42. Question: Which NFL player legally changed his name to match the number on his jersey?
Answer: Chad Johnson.
43. Question: What is the record for the most red cards given in a single soccer game?
44. Question: Which team has scored the most points in a single Super Bowl?
Answer: The San Francisco 49ers.
45. Question: In the year 1982, how many games was the NFL regular season schedule made up of?
46. Question: Who won the first night-time football game?
Answer: Philadelphia Athletics.
47. Question: Which NFL player debuted as a professional wrestler in 2004?
Answer: Brian Urlacher.
48. Question: Who holds the best rookie passer rating in the entire NFL?
Answer: Dak Prescott.
49. Question: Who caused a sensation in his rookie season, thanks to a skillful one-handed catch?
Answer: Odell Beckham Jr.
50. Question: Which is the only NFL team to have the logo on one side of their helmet?
Answer: Pittsburgh Steelers.
51. Question: Who was the first player to rush 1000 yards in a single football season in the USA?
Answer: Beattie Feathers.
52. Question: Which three NFL teams have won three Super Bowls in a row?
Answer: Green Bay Packers, Miami Dolphins and Buffalo Bills.
53. Question: What NFL team was originally called the New York Titans?
Answer: New York Jets.
54. Question: The nickname ‘Dr. Dunkenstein’ was given to which NBA player?
Answer: Darrell Griffith.
55. Question: Who was the first player to miss more than 5000 free throws in his career?
Answer: Wilt Chamberlain.
56. Question: Which basketball player scored the most points in a single game in the 2000 season?
Answer: Shaquille O’Neal.
57. Question: What is the real name of ‘Nate the Great’, who holds the record for the first quadruple-double?
Answer: Nate Thurmond.
58. Question: In the Golden State Warriors, what are the two leading three-point shooters collectively called?
Answer: The Splash Brothers.
59. Question: Stephen Curry’s father played professional basketball for which team towards the end of his career?
Answer: Toronto Raptors.
60. Question: What is the name of the blood taken by athletes before the Olympics?
Answer: EPO test.
61. Question: What does the tattoo on Scottie Pippen's forearm say?
62. Question: Which hockey player won Sportsman of the Year in 1970?
Answer: Bobby Orr.
63. Question: In the 20th century NBA, who was the youngest player to achieve 10,000 points in a regular-season?
Answer: Kobe Bryant.
64. Question: How many fouls result in a player being ejected from an NBA basketball game?
Answer: Six personal fouls.
Sports Trivia (Easy For Kids)
Those who like the world of sports must try this sports trivia quiz for kids and have some fun! These easy trivia questions for kids will leave you feeling proud of your sporting (and knowledge) achievements. Sports trivia for kids is an interesting way to build your and your kids knowledge on sports. Let's get this easy trivia for kids started.
65. Question: True or false? There are more than 8000 sports in the world.
66. Question: How many winning racers has the UK produced in Formula One?
67. Question: Where is the NHL Hockey Hall of Fame located?
Answer: Toronto, Ontario.
68. Question: Which Williams sister has won more Grand Slam titles?
Answer: Serena Williams.
69. Question: In 1976Nadia Comaneci became the first ever gymnast to score a perfect 10 in the Olympics. What country was she representing?
70. Question: True or false? ‘Raging Bull’ was a movie about boxing.
71. Question: How many championships did Chicago Bulls win with Michael Jordan on their team?
72. Question: What is the only country to play in every soccer World Cup?
73. Question: Who was the first President to give out the ceremonial first pitch at a Major League baseball game?
Answer: William Howard Taft.
74. Question: How long is the free skate in figure skating competitions?
Answer: Four and a half minutes for men, four minutes for women.
75. Question: In what year were women first allowed to compete in the modern Olympic games and in what sport?
Answer: 1900, in tennis.
76. Question: When was tennis introduced as an Olympic sport?
77. Question: When was hockey introduced as an Olympic sport?
78. Question: What age was Barry Bonds when he hit the 500th home run in his career?
79. Question: For whom did Tristan Thompson make his first NBA start as a replacement?
Answer: Anderson Varejao.
80. Question: In 1980, Steve Carlton pitched for which Major baseball team?
Answer: Philadelphia Phillies.
81. Question: In snooker, what is the highest possible break that a player can get?
82. Question: The 1980 film 'Raging Bull' was about which real-life boxer?
Answer: Jake Lamotta.
83. Question: Toronto FC is operated by a particular group that also owns which NHL team?
Answer: Maple Leafs.
84. Question: Hall of Fame Baseball player Tony Perez played in which position?
Answer: First base.
More Sports Quiz Questions And Answers
Answer these sporting questions, these are sports questions compiled specially for kids to test their knowledge of the world of sports!
85. Question: Who wrote 'The Game Within The Game'?
Answer: Walt Frazier.
86.Question: In 2011, which golfer won the Masters?
Answer: Charl Schwartzel.
87. Question: What is Argentina's Fifa code?
88. Question: Which Major League baseball player is nicknamed 'Kung Fu Panda'?
Answer: Pablo Sandoval.
89. Question: In both 2012 and 2013, who won Chelsea's Player of the Year?
Answer: Juan Mata.
90. Question: Which baseball player who was born in Osaka, Japan?
Answer: Hideo Nomo.
91. Question: Who captained Spain in the Fifa World Cup 2010?
Answer: Iker Casillas.
92. Question: Chelsea soccer team is also known by which name?
Answer: The Blues.
93. Question: What Super Bowl team included Siragusa, Burnett and Gash?
Answer: Baltimore Ravens.
94. Question: What was Kobe Bryant named after?
Answer: A type of steak.
95. Question: Who is referred to as 'The Big Tuna'?
Answer: Bill Parcel.
96. Question: In rugby, which position wears the number one on his jersey?
Answer: Left prop.
97. Question: In the 2011 Walker Cup, what was the final score?
Answer: 14 to 12.
98. Question: The MLS Cup was won by which team in 2010?
Answer: Colorado Rapids.
99. Question: Who won the Women's Singles at the French Open in 2016?
Answer: Garbine Muguruza.
100. Question: True or false? The first swimming races were held in Japan.
101. Question: Chris Bosh was given what name in the state of Texas?
Answer: Mr. Basketball.
102. Question: 'The Rocket was the nickname of which tennis player?
Answer: Rod Laver.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our list of the ultimate sports trivia questions and answers, then why not take a look at our baseball trivia and soccer trivia for more sports trivia for kids?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.