They say that travel makes you rich, and they don't lie!
From a cruise or a road trip, to a beach holiday or a camping trip, there are so many forms of travel. We have compiled some travel trivia questions in this traveling trivia quiz, including some fun car trip trivia questions to keep you entertained.
So, grab your thinking caps, and let's start this fun world travel trivia game for the car, train or even to play at home! We hope that you enjoy this fun travel quiz game with the whole family, and, if you do enjoy this fantastic travel trivia quiz, check out our American trivia and summer trivia for more!
Easy Travel Trivia Questions
Let's start with some simple travel quiz questions on travel vocabulary. Why not play this fun travel trivia questions quiz as a trivia game as a part of your car ride trivia games? Let's see who gets them all correct!
1. Question: What is the action of registering as a passenger at an airport known as?
2. Question: When a plane becomes airborne, what is called?
Answer: Take off.
3. Question: What does taxi mean in air travel?
Answer: To move slowly along the ground before taking off.
4. Question: Your personal belongings are packed in a suitcase, what it is called?
5. Question: What is the time spent traveling from one place to another called?
6. Question: Who is a travel agent?
Answer: A person who arranges any tours, tickets and accommodation for your trip.
7. Question: What is a Cruise?
Answer: A vacation spent on a ship that sails in the ocean.
8. Question: When a journey involves traveling through the sea, what is it called?
9. Question: What is the meaning of the word 'wanderlust'?
Answer: It means "a strong desire to travel".
Around The World Trivia
This world is full of masterpieces, the largest and smallest, and the tallest and tiniest things make up this beautiful planet. In this section of our travel quiz, you will get to know more about some interesting world trivia facts. We hope you enjoy this travelling trivia!
10. Question: Name the flattest country in the world.
11. Question: True or false? 99% of Libya is desert.
12. Question: How many lakes are there in Canada?
Answer: About two million lakes.
13. Question: Which country has no rivers?
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
14. Question: Which country has over 10,000 beaches?
15. Question: True or false? 90% of the world's population live in the northern hemisphere.
16. Question: Name the three capital cities of South Africa.
Answer: Pretoria, Cape Town, and Bloemfontein.
17. Question: True or false? South Africa is the only country in the world with three capital cities.
18. Question: Which city is built on a lake?
Answer: Mexico City is built on Lake Texcoco.
19. Question: Name the smallest country in the world.
Answer: Vatican City.
20. Question: Name the largest city in the world.
21. Question: True or false? Russia is the largest country in the world.
22. Question: Name the three most popular travel destinations in the world for beach lovers.
Answer: Bali, Mexico, and The Bahamas.
23. Question: What is the duration of the longest international direct flight in the world?
Answer: Seventeen hours and fifty-two minutes.
24. Question: Where does the longest flight operate between?
Answer: From Singapore to New York City.
25. Question: What is the duration of the shortest direct international flight?
Answer: 10 minutes.
26. Question: Where does the shortest flight operate to?
Answer: From Saint Maarten to Anguilla.
Travel Knowledge Quiz Questions
It is always better to know about the dos and don'ts of the place you are visiting. Here are some interesting and shocking trivia facts about the world to test your knowledge.
27. Question: In which country is it a criminal offense to chew gum?
28. Question: In which two cities is feeding pigeons illegal?
Answer: San Francisco and Venice.
29. Question: Which country bans camouflage clothing?
30. Question: True or false? It is considered rude to flush the toilets after 10pm in Switzerland.
More Travel Trivia Questions And Answers
Travelling gets easier with the best travel hacks. These questions about travel hacks might just come in handy in your future travels! Answer this travel quiz to know more about the various great travel hacks.
31. Question: What is the first thing you need to google about your destination?
Answer: Weather report.
32. Question: Why is the weather report important?
Answer: Checking up on the weather report helps you pack accordingly for the trip.
33. Question: How many copies of the necessary documents are we supposed to carry?
Answer: Multiple! You can also save the documents in your phone or share them with your family and friends so that you can access them anywhere, anytime.
34. Question: How to make sure that your electronic gadgets are always charged?
Answer: By carrying a portable charger or a power bank so that you can immediately charge your phone every time the battery drains out!
35. Question: What to carry in your personal first aid kit?
Answer: Paracetamol, tissues and wipes, sunscreen and your personal medication are a must in your personal first aid kit.
36. Question: How is online check-in helpful?
Answer: Online check-ins save time and also often get you the seat of your choice.
37. Question: True or false? It is always important to know the name and number of the hotel you are staying in.
Road Trip Quiz Questions
Who doesn't love an amazing road trip? Road trips can be really exciting and fun with friends and family around. We have an amazing set of unique road trip trivia questions that will help you plan your next road trip to an amazing place in the world. We hope you enjoy this trivia for car rides!
38. Question: What is a road trip?
Answer: A journey made by a car or a bus. Simply, a journey by road.
39. Question: Name the most popular road trip route in the USA.
Answer: Pacific Coast Highway.
40. Question: Name the most popular road trip route in the world.
Answer: Milford Road, New Zealand.
41. Question: True or false? 76% of vacationers travel by car in the USA.
42. Question: What are the most famous road trip snacks?
Answer: Chips, Nuts, Popcorn, Fruits, and Protein bars.
43. Question: True or false? A car service is necessary before a road trip.
44. Question: Where should you keep the essentials on a road trip?
Answer: Within one arm's reach.
Summer Vacation Quiz Questions
In the summer, many families plan trips to the sea and island destinations, because why not? The sea is the perfect place to spend your summers, but lots of fun can be had in forests and countryside settings too. Schools and colleges have on average a two-month-long summer break, and this is the best time to go on a family vacation. In this section of our summer vacation trivia questions and answers, there's more information and questions about how and where to spend your summer!
45. Question: When do kids have a summer break in the USA?
Answer: Generally between May and August.
46. Question: Name a family-friendly summer vacation spot in America.
Answer: Grand Canyon.
47. Question: Why do families tend to take an island vacation or beach vacation during summer?
Answer: To find the best weather!
48. Question: What is Yellowstone National park famous for?
Answer: The Grand Prismatic spring.
49. Question: True or false? Humans are scientifically proven to be happier during the summer season.
50. Question: Which state hosts an annual music beach festival during the summer?
51. Question: Name the famous surf city of the US.
Answer: Huntington Beach, California.
52. Question: Name North America's most visited beach.
Answer: Myrtle Beach is the most visited beach in North America.
Landmark Trivia Questions
Some places are specifically known for their beautiful structures, statues and towers. Let's learn more about these one-of-a-kind landmarks with this landmark trivia quiz.
53. Question: Where is the Black Forest situated?
Answer: The Black Forest is located in Germany.
54. Question: Do you know the second tallest building in the US?
Answer: The Willis Tower, located in Chicago.
55. Question: The Leaning Tower of Pisa leans by how many degrees?
56. Question: What is the most visited attraction in Paris?
Answer: The Eiffel Tower.
57. Question: Santorini is a volcanic island in which country?
58. Question: Where is Westminster Abbey?
59. Question: The Taj Mahal is found in which Indian city?
60. Question: Where is Christ The Redeemer?
Answer: Rio De Janeiro in Brazil.
61. Question: Where is the Statue Of Liberty?
Answer: New York City.
62. Question: What is the tallest building in the world?
Answer: Burj Khalifa, Dubai.
63. Question: Where does Queen Elizabeth II's reside when she is in London?
Answer: Buckingham Palace.
64. Question: True or false? Mount Cook is New Zealand's highest mountain.
65. Question: What is the deepest cave in the world?
Answer: Krubera Cave.
66. Question: What is the largest standing structure from the Roman Empire?
Answer: The Colosseum.
67. Question: True or false? The Pyramids of Giza were built over 4,500 years ago.
68. Question: What is the most famous landmark in China?
Answer: The Great Wall of China.
69. Question: Where is the Grand Canyon?
Answer: Arizona, USA.
70. Question: Which famous landmark in Australia was built in several different stages and opened in 1973?
Answer: The Sydney Opera House.
71. Question: Which highest peak of Africa is also a dormant volcano?
Answer: Mount Kilimanjaro.
72. Question: What is The Louvre?
Answer: The Louvre is a famous museum in Paris.
73. Question: Where can one see the 'Mona Lisa' painting ?
Answer: The Louvre.
74. Question: Where is the Dead Sea?
Answer: It is located in Asia, bordered by Jordan and Israel.
75. Question: Why is it called the Dead Sea?
Answer: It's high salinity prevents the growth of macroscopic aquatic organisms, such as fish and aquatic plants.
76. Question: Which US state capital is home to the oldest wood fort in the country?
77. Question: In which US state capital is the tallest capital building of the country situated?
Answer: Baton Rouge.
78. Question: Where is The Lost City Of Incas located?
79. Question: Which Cambodian Temple is also a UNESCO heritage site?
Answer: Angkor Wat.
80. Question: Which is the largest Mosque in the UAE?
Answer: Shaikh Zayed Grand Mosque.
81. Question: Where is the Notre Dame cathedral?
Answer: Paris, France.
82. Question: Where is Big Ben?
Answer: London, England.
83. Question: Which US state capital is home to the oldest public park in the country?
Answer: Boston, Massachusetts.
84. Question: Which river runs through the Grand Canyon?
Answer: Colorado River.
85. Question: Which famous landmark of North America held the title of the world's tallest building for 41 years?
Answer: The Empire State Building.
86. Question: How many floors does the Empire State Building have?
87. Question: True or false? The Empire State Building was the first building with a 100th floor.
88. Question: What does the Golden Gate Bridge connect?
Answer: San Francisco Bay and the Pacific ocean.
89. Question: Which mountain features sculptures of the heads of four United States Presidents?
Answer: Mount Rushmore.
90. Question: Where is Mount Rushmore?
Answer: The Black Hills of South Dakota in North America.
91. Question: Which four US Presidents are featured in Mount Rushmore?
Answer: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.
92. Question: True or false? The famous landmark of Seattle, the Space Needle, is publically owned.
93. Question: Which famous landmark was a gift from the French to the Americans?
Answer: The Statue Of Liberty.
94. Question: Where is the Pink Lake situated?
Answer: Western Australia.
95. Question: Why is this lake pink?
Answer: Due to its salt concentration.
96. Question: True or false? The Pink lake is a salt lake.
97. Question: Which beach has the whitest sand in the world?
Answer: Whitehaven beach.
98. Question: True or false? Whitehaven beach is rated at the most eco-friendly beach.
99. Question: From where does Whitehaven beach get its white color?
100. Question: True or false? The Sahara is the largest desert in the world.
101. Question: Which is the largest desert in the world?
Answer: The cold Antarctic Desert.
102. Question: Where was the first Disneyland built?
103. Question: Where else are the Disney resorts situated?
Answer: Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong, China and Florida.
104. Question: What makes the Great Wall Of China so strong?
Answer: The sticky rice mortar!
Capital City Trivia
Finally, test your knowledge of the world by naming the capital cities of these countries!
105. Question: Thailand?
106. Question: Australia?
107. Question: Egypt?
108. Question: Qatar?
109. Question: England?
110. Question: Peru?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.