You are awesome and it is important to remember that!
Being an underdog can be viewed as a weakness, but in fact we think it is the opposite. If you are perceived as an underdog, take a look at these inspiring quotes to help you reach your full potential.
If you feel your knowledge, skills or experience are less than those around you, you might believe that you are the underdog. But, if you have the guts to work hard, and the heart to keep trying, you too can be a winner! Find the inspiration you need with this list of the best inspirational quotes, featuring the most powerful quote from Joanna Jedrzejczyk: “you can be an underdog, but you can beat the champion”, inspiring right?
Quotes About Being The Underdog
Everybody loves to root for the underdog, and now you can too with these root for the underdog quotes! Many successful people we see every day have too started from simple beginnings and worked hard to get to where they are, showing that it is the spirit from within that helps us achieve our dreams. We have crafted a good list here of underdog sayings and quotes that motivate us everyday. Read every quote for a fresh start on success!
1.“You are the underdog and you compete against the giants, life is always fun.”
2. "Beware of barking at underdogs."
3. "I love the people who refuse to give up, like the stories of the underdogs."
4. “We see ourselves in the underdogs, thus, we grew up cheering on them.”
- Shane Koyczan.
5. "I've always been seen as the underdog in everything I've ever done in my life, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest."
- Victor Ortiz.
6. “Well, fans always root for the underdog.”
7. “I always wanted to be the underdog.”
8. “You can be an underdog, but you can beat the champion.”
9. “Ultimately, 'Cinderella' is the story of the underdog.”
Never Underestimate The Underdog Movie Quotes
Many movies have depicted the lives of the underdog as they are so loved by audiences. They have portrayed their wins, losses, sufferings and lessons. We have listed below some of the best quotes about underdogs whose movie lines have inspired us to be the hero in our own lives. Read on to be inspired to become the next hero.
10. “Perfection is being able to look your friends in the eye and know you did everything you could not to let them down.”
-Coach Gary Gaines, 'Perfect Night Lights'.
11. “Can you live at that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect!”
-Coach Gary Gaines, 'Perfect Night Lights'.
12. “That the thing ain't the ring, it's the play. So give me a... stage...I'd much rather recite”
-Jake La Motta, 'Raging Bull' (1980).
13. “Yeah. Beethoven was deaf. Helen Keller was blind. I think Rocky's got a good chance.”
-Adrian, 'Rocky' (1976).
14. “Really doesn't matter if I lose this fight. Because all I want to do is go the distance.”
-Rocky Balboa, 'Rocky' (1976).
15. “There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it and let things happen.”
-Ty Webb, 'Caddyshack' (1980).
16. “In this life, you don't have to prove nothing to nobody but only thyself.”
-Fortune, 'Rudy' (1993).
17. “It's the magic of risking everything for a dream that nobody sees but you.”
-Eddie "Scrap Iron" Dupris, 'Million Dollar Baby' (2004).
18. “You try to fight back, but the harder you fight, the deeper you sink. Until you can't move because you're in over your head.”
-Shane Falco, 'The Replacements' (2000).
Sports And Football Underdog Quotes
There are so many great sportspersons who are, or once were underdogs. Their grit and determination has helped them to reach great heights. Here are some of the best underdog quotes about sports fans and sports stars to help you learn more about the lives of these players. Find the best sports mottos to live by here!
19. “I like being an underdog because it pushes me to work harder and do things I can be better at.”
- Kawhi Leonard.
20. "I'm a Cinderella, an underdog story who fights."
- Zach Johnson.
21. "Underdogs are ambitious and have got nothing to lose."
22. "Do not fight with people who have nothing to lose."
23. "I'm the underdog, but know what I'm capable of."
24. "I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me. And the one guy who didn't vote for me, thank you, too."
25. "Topcats often begin as underdogs."
26. "I thrive in the underdog, reserved, it's-not-over-till-it's-over mindset."
Quotes About Being The Underdog In Life
There are many famous underdogs around us. These people have struggled hard to reach their goals, they are the people who did not listen to anyone’s nonsense and followed their dreams with sheer determination. We have put together this list of underdog sayings from famous underdogs in history who have risen above discouragement and struggle to inspire you.
27. "How many times do you read about the Cinderella story, the story of the underdog?"
28. “Hate it or love it, the underdogs come out on top.”
29. “I hate when people say, 'well, this is unfair for the underdog'. Well, the underdog should try harder.”
30. “My mother has always rooted for the underdog, so to speak.”
-Asia Kate Dillon.
31. “In all our pictures, we had an antagonist who becomes the good guy, and the underdog fulfills his quest.”
-Arthur Rankin Jr.
32. “I always go for the underdog or the rogue or the rebel.”
33. “The underdog is a person that's at risk, a person that has a lot of big trials you have to overcome.”
-Chris Harris Jr.
34. “I always try to find something where I feel like I'm kind of the underdog and kind of put that little chip on my shoulder.”
35. “I just think, as a people in general, we should always look at ourselves as the underdog, so we should always go harder than the next person.”
36. “With only one card to come, even a big draw is an underdog against a made hand. Keep the betting small.”
Motivational Quotes For Underdogs
We all need a little dose of motivation in our lives to kick start our willpower sometimes. We should never underestimate the underdogs around us who have conquered many struggles in their lives. They are a powerhouse and a bundle of willpower, we should learn a lot from them. The following underdog sayings and quotes will help you get the inspiration needed to start the day afresh.
37. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
– George Bernard Shaw.
38. “There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
– Jawaharlal Nehru.
39. “Always look on the bright side of life.”
– Monty Python.
40. “You have to find what sparks a light in you so that you in your way can illuminate the world.”
– Oprah Winfrey.
41. “Life is too short to be wasted in finding answers. Enjoy the questions!”
– Paulo Coelho.
42. “If you want to be happy, you have to be happy on purpose.”
– Joel Osteen.
43. “Today is a brand-new day. A day to heal... A day to start afresh.”
– Caroline Naoroji.
44. “As you know, I'm all about victory for the underdog.”
45. “You just have to determine to settle for nothing less than being fully alive, to show up, be who you are, and share your gifts.”
– Gabrielle Roth.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you like our suggestions for underdog quotes to live by, then why not look at our “you only live once” quotes, or “you get what you give” quotes for more?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.