Good memories must be cherished so that they last forever.
Some of the most beautiful quotes that exist are about memories of good times. Why not take a look at these quotes about sweet memories to get some inspiration for your next social media caption when sharing pictures of your special memories with friends and family members?
For most of us, the sweet memories of good times last forever. Ideally, they should last forever for everyone but as life moves on, we sometimes forget about love and the good memories we share with others. These quotes about good times, unforgettable memories, good memories and the best memories, are gathered in this article to remind you of your own personal memories that you never want to lose.
Here we have put together the best sweet memories quotes, short memory quotes, quotes about creating memories, friendship quotes for kids and quotes for friendship memories. All of these unforgettable memories quotes are just waiting to be explored. From throwback quotes, memories of friendship quotes and quotes about memories with friends, to quotes about good memories and quotes about memories with family, there is the perfect memory quote for everyone here. These unforgettable making memories quotes can also make great Instagram caption. After all, any decent Instagram caption about memories has to include an unforgettable memories quote! You never know when you might need some memories in the making quotes, so why not explore the suggestions here?
Unforgettable Sweet Memories Quotes
An unforgettable memory is one you wish to cherish for life, you want it to last forever. Every day must be lived to the fullest to create unforgettable memories for life. Below are some of the most unforgettable quotes about making memories. There are also unforgettable memories with friends quotes, thank you for the unforgettable memories quotes and some memories are unforgettable quotes. Which is your favorite?
1. “Good times become good memories and bad times become good lessons.”
2. “People say that bad memories cause the most pain, but actually it’s the good ones that drive you insane.”
- Kid Cudi.
3. “Every moment comes on when I hear that old song that we used to sing with the words all wrong.”
- Zoya Roy.
4. “Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”
- Theodor Seuss Geisel.
5. “We don’t remember days, we remember moments.”
- Cesare Pavese.
6. “Keep all special unforgettable memories for lifetimes to come.”
– Mattie Stepanek.
7. “Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door.”
– Saul Bellow.
8. “Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love.”
– Kevin Arnold.
9. “The past scampers like an alley cat through the present, leaving the paw prints of memories scattered helter-skelter.”
– Charles De Lint.
10. “I love these random unforgettable memories that make me smile no matter what’s going on in my life right now.”
- Meena Chakrabarty.
11. “So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.”
– Helen Keller.
12. “Hold on to the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
- Kevin Arnold.
13. “Memories are what warms you up from the inside.”
- Haruki Murakami.
14. “The best part about pictures is that even when the people in the photo change, the memory it contains never will.”
- Andy Warhol.
15. “The tears dry, the smiles fade, but the memories last forever.”
- Malik Faisal.
16. “Old memories are like coffee with cream and sugar. When stirred, both can become mellow and sweet.”
– Susan Gale.
17. “What takes us back to the past are the memories.”
– Jeremy Irons.
18. “I have more memories than if I were a thousand years old.”
– Charles Baudelaire.
19. “Memories are the best things in life, I think.”
– Romy Schneider.
20. “The heart that truly loves never forgets.”
21. “Memory is the diary that we all carry about with us.”
– Oscar Wilde.
22. “One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.”
– Rita Mae Brown.
23. “Sometimes you never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.”
– Dr. Seuss.
24. “No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep.”
- Ryan Brü.
25. “I can mention many moments that were unforgettable and revelatory.”
- David Attenborough.
26. “All she ever wanted was unpredictable kisses and unforgettable laughter.”
- Brandon Villasenor.
27. “Recalling days of happiness, I haunt my memories.”
- Robert Brault.
28. “That’s the thing about memories; you can’t forget them.”
- Lex Luthor, ‘Smallville’.
29. “You never realize what a good memory you have until you try to forget something.”
- Franklin P. Jones.
30. “Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it.”
- Michel de Montaigne.
31. “Memories, all those little experiences make up the fabric of our lives.”
- Ben Affleck.
32. “When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough.”
- Maurice Maeterlinck.
33. “For some, life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.”
- Laura Swenson.
34. “He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.”
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
35. “Memories need to be shared.”
- Lois Lowry, 'The Giver'.
36. “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
- Thomas Campbell.
37. “Some memories live forever, whether as a scar or a stain — they can’t be wiped away.”
- Radhika Raut.
38. “We have lived through some unforgettable times together, some good, some bad, achieving results that will be hard to equal.”
- Luca Cordero di Montezemolo.
39. “The more often you share what you’ve learned, the stronger that information will become in your memory.”
- Steve Brunkhorst.
40. “The heart’s memory eliminates the bad and magnifies the good.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
41. “You may not think you have a good memory, but you remember what’s important to you.”
- Rick Warren.
42. “The value of things is not the time they last, but the intensity with which they occur.”
- Fernando Pessoa.
43. “Memory is the treasure house of the mind wherein the monuments thereof are kept and preserved.”
- Thomas Fuller.
44. “Every man’s memory is his private literature.”
- Aldous Huxley.
45. “A man’s real possession is his memory. In nothing else is he rich, in nothing else is he poor.”
- Alexander Smith.
46. “Some memories are unforgettable, remaining ever vivid and heartwarming!”
- Joseph B. Wirthlin.
47. “Life cannot be lived backwards. But our memories make up for that by making some moments truly unforgettable!”
- Avijeet Das.
48. “Memories — the one thing that can never be taken away from us. Make lots of them!”
- Catherine Pulsifer.
49. “Our memories are the only paradise from which we can never be expelled.”
- Jean-Paul Richter.
50. “There’ll always be unforgettable memories behind your goodbyes.”
- Ujjwal Karmakar.
51. "Some memories are realities, and are better than anything that can ever happen to one again.”
– Willa Cather.
52. “No matter what happens, some memories cannot be replaced.”
53. “Some moments are simply unforgettable.”
54. When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.”
55. “Memories are timeless treasures of the heart.”
56. “Life is shorter, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.”
57. “Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
58. “People change. Memories don’t.”
59. “Nothing brings to life again a forgotten memory like a fragrance.”
– Christopher Poindexter.
60. “Memories are sweet when created with the right people.”
Quotes About The Best Memories By Famous Authors
Books are full of quotes about sweet memories. We have compiled a list of a few unforgettable quotes about memories from famous authors. This quotes are a great way to look back happily on days of the past and memories you never want to lose. The best thing about memories, is that nobody can take them away from you. Cherish yours with these special quotes.
61. “I remember the giants born so long ago; in those ancient days they raised me.”
- Jackson Crawford, ‘The Poetic Edda’.
62. “Memories can be vile, repulsive, little brutes.”
- Alan Moore, ‘Batman The Killing Joke’.
63. “Own only what you can always carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.”
- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, ‘The Gulag Archipelago’.
64. “Whenever clouds gathered and thunder rumbled, he cried out, perhaps remembering the showers of his native forests.”
- Gustave Flaubert. ‘A Simple Heart’.
65. “Memories images, once they are fixed in words, are erased.”
- Italo Calvino, ‘Invisible Cities’.
66. “The deepest-rooted and most pleasurable memories are usually those from earliest childhood, and are often unconsciously associated with a parental figure. ”
- Robert Greene, ‘The Art Of Seduction’.
67. “Curious how a place unvisited can take such hold on the mind so that the very name sets up a ringing.”
- John Steinbeck, ‘Travels With Charley’.
68. “We find after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.”
- John Steinbeck, ‘Travels With Charley’.
69. “But the mind is like a phantom that lives only in the past or future.”
- Dan Millman, ‘Way Of The Peaceful Warrior’.
70. “I may be old, but I never forget my friends.”
- Laura Resau, ‘Red Glass’.
71. “Your memory is a monster; you forget—it doesn't.”
- John Irving, ‘A Prayer For Owen Meany’.
72. “Touch has a memory.”
- John Keats.
73. “When we think of the past it's the beautiful things we pick out.”
- Margaret Atwood, ‘The Handmaid's Tale’.
74. “God gave us memory so that we might have roses in December.”
- J.M. Barrie.
75. “Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were.”
- Marcel Proust.
76. “It is strange how we hold on to the pieces of the past while we wait for our futures.”
- Ally Condie, ‘Matched’.
77. “Memory is more indelible than ink.”
- Anita Loos.
78. “Nostalgia is the suffering caused by an unappeased yearning to return.”
- Milan Kundera, ‘Ignorance’.
79. “I think it is all a matter of love; the more you love a memory the stronger and stranger it becomes.”
- Vladimir Nabokov.
80. “If you wish to forget anything on the spot, make a note that this thing is to be remembered.”
- Edgar Allan Poe.
81. “The town was paper, but the memories were not.”
- John Green, ‘Paper Towns’.
82. “Time moves in one direction, memory in another.”
- William Gibson.
83. “The past beats inside me like a second heart.”
- John Banville, ‘The Sea’.
84. “What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.”
- Karl Lagerfeld.
85. “Reason with yourself when you have lost your reason.”
- Andrew Solomon, ‘The Noonday Demon: An Atlas Of Depression’.
86. “Never turn back and never believe that an hour you remember is a better hour because it is dead.”
- Beryl Markham, ‘West With The Night’.
87. “Sometimes things become possible if we want them bad enough.”
- T.S. Eliot.
88. “Humans, not places, make memories.”
- Ama Ata Aidoo.
89. “There are memories that time does not erase..”
- Cassandra Clare, ‘City Of Heavenly Fire’.
90. “Isn't it funny how the memories you cherish before a breakup can become your worst enemies afterwards?”
- Allyson Braithwaite Condie, ‘First Day’.
91. “As long as we can love each other, and remember the feeling of love we had, we can die without ever really going away.”
- Mitch Albom, ‘Tuesdays With Morrie’.
92. “Truly precious memories will never vanish even if you discard the objects associated with them.”
- Marie Kondo, ‘The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying Up’.
93. “That which I have seen, in that little moment, will never go out from my memory.”
- Mark Twain, ‘Prince And The Pauper’.
94. “It’s strange indeed how memories can lie dormant in a man’s mind for so many years.”
- Wilson Rawls, ‘Where The Red Fern Grows’.
95. “It is the experiences, the memories, the great triumphant joy of living to the fullest extent in which real meaning is found. ”
- Jon Krakauer, ‘Into The Wild’.
96. “I will never, ever regret the things I’ve done.”
Jojo Moyes, ‘Me Before You’.
97. “It’s just that... without the memories it’s all meaningless.”
- Lois Lowry, ‘The Giver’.
98. “I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind.”
- J.K. Rowling, ‘Harry Potter And The Goblet of Fire’.
99. “Time’s the thief of memory.”
- Stephen King, ‘The Dark Tower’.
100. “I was assailed by memories of a life that wasn’t mine anymore, but one in which I’d found the simplest and most lasting joys.”
- Albert Camus, ‘The Stranger’.
101. “One lives in the hope of becoming a memory.”
- Antonio Porchia.
102. “We are all the pieces of what we remember.”
- Cassandra Clare, ‘City Of Heavenly Fire’.
103. “A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory.”
- Mark Twain.
104. “Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.”
- Cormac McCarthy, ‘All The Pretty Horses’.
105. “The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
106. “I can only note that the past is beautiful because one never realises an emotion at the time.”
- Virginia Woolf.
107. “Memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly.”
- Kazuo Ishiguro, ‘Never Let Me Go’.
108. “The pleasure of remembering had been taken from me, because there was no longer anyone to remember with.”
- John Green, ‘The Fault In Our Stars’.
109. “Our memory is a more perfect world than the universe: it gives back life to those who no longer exist.”
- Guy de Maupassant.
110. “Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.”
- Steven Wright.
111. “Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
112. “You should always be taking pictures, if not with a camera then with your mind.”
- Isaac Marion, ‘Warm Bodies’.
113. “Remember tonight... for it is the beginning of always”
114. What you end up remembering isn't always the same as what you have witnessed.”
- Julian Barnes, ‘The Sense Of An Ending’.
115. “There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.”
- Nicholas Sparks, ‘A Walk To Remember’.
116. “The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.”
- L.P. Hartley, ‘The Go-Between’.
117. “Memories are bullets. Some whiz by and only spook you. Others tear you open and leave you in pieces.”
- Richard Kadrey, ‘Kill The Dead’.
118. “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
- Richard Puz, ‘The Carolinian’.
119. “The worst memories stick with us, while the nice ones always seem to slip through our fingers.”
- Rachel Vincent, ‘My Soul To Save’.
120. “Memory believes before knowing remembers.”
- William Faulkner, ‘Light In August’.
Memories Quotes From Songs
Songs make you feel more deeply than any other form of entertainment. It’s only natural for songs to have the most beautiful lyrics about a variety of topics. Memories are a popular theme among songwriters, as you can always express an old memory through a song. So, we picked some lyrics about nostalgia and unforgettable memories that you can use for your own Instagram caption ideas, to help you remember every moment.
121. “Some day these will be the good old days.”
- Macklemore, ‘Good Old Days’.
122. “Let me photograph you in this light.”
- Adele, ‘When We Were Young’.
123. “But I wouldn't trade those days for nothin'”
- Mark Wills, '19 Somethin’.
124. “When everything is handed to you it's all only worth as much as the time you put in.”
- Miranda Lambert, ‘Automatic’.
125. “I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it.”
- Bruce Springsteen, ‘Glory Days’.
126. “It's time to find who we're meant to be.”
- Corey Tynan, ‘Graduation Song: Hold Onto The Memories’.
127. “I refuse to look back thinking days were better just because they're younger days.”
- One Republic, ‘Kids’.
128. “We keep this love in this photograph.”
- Ed Sheeran, ‘Photograph’.
129. “All these precious moments. That we carved in stone. Are only memories after all.”
- Shawn Mendes, ‘Memories’.
130. “Take care of your memories.”
- Fall Out Boy, ‘Thnks Fr Th Mmrs’.
131. “Every time I hear that song, I go back, I go back.”
- Kenny Chesney, ‘I Go Back’.
132. “And we sit around and we laugh about how we used to be. When all we cared about was turning 16.”
- Thomas Rhett, ‘Sixteen’.
133. “Those were the best days of my life.”
- Bryan Adams, ‘Summer Of 69’.
134. “Look at this photograph. Every time I do, it makes me laugh.”
- Nickelback, ‘Photograph’.
135. “Memories are made of this.”
- Hark Snow, ‘Memories Are Made Of This’.
136. “Only a memory of what our love was going to be.”
- The Smithereens, ‘Only A Memory’.
137. “Goodbye to you my trusted friend. We've known each other since we were nine or ten.”
- Terry Jacks, 'Seasons In The Sun'.
138. “I'm still walkin' down memory lane.”
- Tim Mcgraw, ‘Memory Lane’.
139. “You can't put your arms around a memory.”
- Hilary Duff, ‘Arms Around a Memory’.
140. “And the memories bring back, memories bring back you.”
- Maroon 5, ‘Memories’.
141. “Memories take you back to the good times.”
- Bill Withers, ‘Memories Are That Way’.
142. “Teardrops fall while I am burning memories.”
- Waylon Jennings, ‘Burning Memories’.
143. “My house of memories is all I own.”
- Merle Haggard, ‘House Of Memories’.
144. “So easy to disturb, with a thought, with a whisper.”
- Duran Duran, ‘Careless Memories’.
145. “You've gone from me and left behind so many memories.”
- The Supremes, ‘Come And Get These Memories’.
146. “Memories are given to us by God.”
- Billy Gilman, ‘About Memories’.
146. “Are we gonna be more than a memory?”
- Carly Rae Jepsen, ‘More Than A Memory’.
147. “Whiskey River, take my mind. You're all I got, take care of me”
- Willie Nelson, ‘Whiskey River’.
148. “Am I losin' your memory or mine?”
- George Jones, ‘Am I Losing Your Memory Or Mine?’
149. “I won't cry. No, I won't shed a tear. Just as long as you stand, stand by me.”
- Ben E. King, ‘Stand By Me’.
150. “Remember yesterday walking hand in hand.”
- Skid Row, ‘I Remember You’.
151. “Her words still dance inside my head.”
- Gram Parsons, ‘Brass Buttons’.
152. “Oh baby, the places we've gone.”
- Eleanor Friedberger, ‘Stare At The Sun’.
153. “And it's morning. And the captain is playing the radio. And he's just put the paint on his new boat. Am I asleep or awake?”
- Rilo Kiley, ‘My Slumbering Heart’.
154. “In my memory, I remember you still”
- The Call, ‘Memory’.
155. “Your memory don't know the word forget.”
- Steve Wariner, ‘Your Memory’.
156. “Ev'ry time you come around, I hear that lonesome sound. Ooh, train of memories”
- Kathy Mattea, ‘Train Of Memories’.
157. “I'm wide awake on memories. These memories can't wait”
- Talking Heads, ‘Memories Can’t Wait’.
158. “I kept your memory all safely locked up. Afraid I could never love somebody new.”
- Reba McEntire, ‘He Broke Your Memory Last Night’.
159. “Memories made in the coldest winter. Goodbye my friend will I ever love again.”
- Pentatonix, ‘Coldest Winter’,
160. “And you are just a memory. Come back, come back, come back.”
- Train, ‘Just A Memory’.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 160+ unforgettable memories quotes perfect for unforgettable Instagram captions, then why not take a look at our you make me happy quotes, or you matter quotes for more?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]”
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.