Who doesn't love going on vacation?
Most people travel to take a break from their everyday routines and to see more of the world. In turn, they end up learning more about themselves and become more open-minded with each trip.
When someone leaves for a vacation, we often say "bon voyage" to wish them safe travels. Find more vacation quotes and sayings with these funny vacation captions listed below, and for more check out our you only live once quotes and you make me happy quotes too.
Best Vacation Quotes
These enjoying holiday quotes will remind you of the joy of going on vacation.
1. “So much of who we are is where we have been.”
- William Langewiesche.
2. “The traveler knows the grace of travel.”
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
3. “Reaching the top requires taking a good break every time you need it!”
- Mehmet Murat ildan.
4. “A little piece of everywhere I go becomes a big part of everything I do.”
- Richie Norton.
5. “Resurrection, rebirth, reincarnation, resprout, revive! All these words can be summarised only in one word: Vacation!”
- Mehmet Murat ildan.
6. “What paradise and vacation have in common is that you have to pay for both, and the coin is your previous life.”
- Joseph Brodsky.
7. “There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it.”
- Charles Dudley Warner.
8. “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.”
- Peter Hoeg.
9. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.”
- Samuel Johnson.
10. “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.”
- Freya Stark.
11. “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told to.”
- Alan Keightley.
12. “No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.”
- Chuck Thompson.
13. “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else.”
- Wendell Berry.
14. “Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, as is ever so on the road.”
- Jack Kerouac.
15. “Part of the urge to explore is a desire to become lost.”
- Tracy Johnston.
16. “Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.”
- Paulo Coelho.
17. “Climb the mountain, not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.”
- David McCullough Jr.
18. “We travel for romance, we travel for adventure, and we travel to be lost.”
- Ray Bradbury.
19. “To travel is to live.”
- Hans Christian Andersen.
20. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”
- Mark Twain.
Quotes About Family Vacations
There are many quotes for family vacations that will inspire you to travel with your family. These "I need a vacation" quote collections can be used as captions of the photos you take on the adventures you take with your loved ones while exploring the world!
21. “I would like to spend my whole life traveling if I could borrow another life to spend at home.”
- William Hazlitt.
22. “Travelling in the company of those we love is home in motion.”
- Leigh Hunt.
23. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.”
- Tim Cahill.
24. “May your adventures bring you closer together, even as they take you far away from home.”
- Trenton Lee Stewart.
25. “How you feel about home after a vacation says a lot about home.”
- Joyce Rachelle.
26. “One of the biggest challenges about going on vacation is planning the trip.”
- Paul Brodie.
27. “It’s a funny thing about coming home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You realize what has changed is you.”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Funny Quotes About Vacations
If you are enjoying your vacation, here are some hilarious end of vacation quotes, including a quote from the famous writer, Robert Orben. Read on for funny quotes about vacations and "let's go on vacation" quotes that will make you feel good. These quotes about vacation can't be beat!
28. “The average vacation is one-tenth playing, nine-tenths paying.”
- Arnold Glasow.
29. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
- Susan Sontag.
30. “A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.”
- Robert Orben.
31. “Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.”
- Paul Theroux.
32. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.”
- Paulo Coelho.
33. “Life's short. Eat dessert first, work less and vacation more!”
- Lea Michele.
34. “I love to travel but hate to arrive.”
- Albert Einstein.
35. “A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.”
- Earl Wilson.
36. “I need a vacation from my vacation.”
37. “I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.”
- Caskie Stinnett.
Inspirational Going On Vacation Quotes
Inspirational vacations can totally transform you. These inspirational vacation quotes about taking a break will remind you why you need a vacation so much.
38. “No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one.”
- Elbert Hubbard.
39. “Make your vocation your vacation. That is the secret to success.”
- Mark Twain.
40. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.”
- Leo Tolstoy.
41. “The vacation we often need is freedom from our own mind.”
- Jack Adam Weber.
42. “Travel brings power and love back into your life.”
43. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
- Marcel Proust.
44. “An upcoming vacation gives us something to eagerly anticipate.”
- Jaime Kurtz.
45. “No matter what happens, travel gives you a story to tell.”
- Jewish Proverb.
46. “Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted.”
- Maya Angelou.
47. “The world is a book, and those who don’t travel only read one page.”
- Augustine of Hippo.
48. “A wise man travels to discover himself.”
- James Russell Lowell.
49. “Never take money in lieu of vacation time.”
- Catherine Pulsifer.
50. “Travelling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
- Ibn Battuta.
51. “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.”
- Elizabeth Gilbert, ‘Eat Pray Love’.
52. “Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul.”
- Jamie Lyn Beatty.
53. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler who is foreign.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
54. “The gladdest moments in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands.”
- Sir Richard Burton.
55. “Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets.”
- Oscar Wilde.
56. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.”
- Anais Nin.
57. “I have never believed that vacations are luxuries. They are our necessities.”
- Alexander Babinets.
58. “I can speak to my soul only when the two of us are off exploring deserts or cities or mountains or roads.”
- Paulo Coelho.
59. “It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.”
- Ursula K. Le Guin.
60. “Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.”
- Anita Desai.
These are the best vacation quotes to motivate you and remind you of your favorite vacations.
61. “I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.”
- Roman Payne.
62. “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”
- Mary Anne Radmacher.
63. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.”
- Erol Ozan.
64. “Sometimes she missed people before they even left her, got depressed about a vacation being over before it started.”
- Jennifer Close.
65. “If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light.”
- Cesare Pavese.
66. “To me you were home, to you I was just a vacation.”
- Sade Andria Zabala.
67. “Travel in the younger sort is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.”
- Francis Bacon.
68. “With age, comes wisdom, with travel, comes understanding.”
- Sandra Lake.
69. “If we were meant to stay in one place we’d have roots instead of feet.”
- Rachel Wolchin.
70. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.”
- Stephen Covey.
71. “Travel makes one modest.”
- Scott Cameron.
72. “A person susceptible to wanderlust is not so much addicted to movement as committed to transformation.”
- Pico Iyer.
73. “I am not a great book, I am not a great artist, but I love art and I love food, so I am the perfect traveler.”
- Michael Palin.
74. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well.”
- Eugene Fodor.
75. “My life is shaped by the urgent need to wander and observe, and my camera is my passport.”
- Steve McCurry.
76. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.”
- John A. Shedd.
77. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.”
78. “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.”
- Matthew Karsten.
79. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads.”
- Rosalia de Castro.
80. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”
Happy Vacation Quotes
Here are some happy vacation quotes that will bring a smile to your face.
81. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”
- David Mitchell.
82. “I travel because seeing photos in brochures wasn’t good enough for me.”
- Wiremu Ratcliffe.
83. “The world is big and I want to get a good look at it before it gets dark.”
- John Muir.
84. “The more I traveled, the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.”
- Shirley MacLaine.
85. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by.”
- Robert Frost.
86. “When overseas, you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting.”
- Clint Borgen.
87. “Please be a traveler, not a tourist.”
- Andrew Zimmern.
88. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.”
- Aldous Huxley.
89. “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.”
- W.B. Yeats.
90. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.”
- Hilaire Belloc.
91. “Own only what you can always carry with you: know languages, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn.
92. “It doesn’t matter where you are. You are nowhere compared to where you can go.”
- Bob Proctor.
93. “This is your planet. You really should come see it sometime.”
- G Adventures.
Quotes For Summer Vacation
Here are some amazing vacation quotes that you can post as captions to your vacation pictures, including the most beautiful quote from Pat Conroy: “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers.” Beautiful right?
94. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.”
- Melody Truong.
95. “There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window.”
- Charlotte Eriksson.
96. “I would rather own a little and see the world than to own the world and see a little.”
- Alexander Sattler.
97. “Travel like Gandhi, with simple clothes, open eyes, and an uncluttered mind.”
- Rick Steve.
98. “A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.”
- Lao Tzu.
99. “Travel is still the most intense mode of learning. ”
- Kevin Kelly.
100. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.”
- Dalai Lama.
101. “Blesses are curious for they shall have an adventure.”
- Lovelle Drachman.
102. “People don’t take trips; trips take people.”
- John Steinbeck.
103. “When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thought they could be a new person.”
- Aimee Friedman.
104. “After a while, just staying alive becomes a full-time job. No wonder we need a vacation.”
- Michael Zadoorian.
105. “I think you travel to search and you come back home to find yourself there.”
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
106. “Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- H. Jackson Brown Jr.
107. “People would be happier and healthier if they took longer vacations even if that meant earning less.”
- Jonathan Haidt.
108. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers.”
- Pat Conroy.
109. “Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it.”
- Elizabeth Gilbert.
110. “My goal is to build a life I don’t need a vacation from.”
- Rob Hill Sr.
Here at Kidadl we have carefully created lots of intereting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our vacation quotes perfect for Instagram captions, then check out these 'Up' quotes, or Kermit quotes for more!
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.