Whether it's making major life choices or asking about love, plenty of people like to look to the skies to find out about their future.
Astrology is an ancient art, and if you like to check the stars before you make any major decisions, you're not alone. Everyone from Theodore Roosevelt to Selena Gomez has been known to sneak a peek at their horoscope.
People also love to use their zodiac sign as a way to explain their personality. So if you want to know why your Taurus friend is so down-to-earth or your Aries classmate always takes the lead, follow the links to check out our Taurus Facts and Aries Facts blogs as well. Meanwhile, we think it's time for some amazing facts about Virgo zodiac signs.
Just a quick note before we get to the fun stuff: astrology's not science and this blog is purely for entertainment. These 'facts' about Virgo are just for fun.
Virgo Constellation Facts
Facts about the astrology of Virgo you'll love to share, whether it's about deep space objects in the Virgo constellation or answering the question "What months is Virgo?" with truly Virgoan attention to detail.
1. Virgo's ruling planet is Mercury. This means they're great at communication. They're excellent at reading and writing as well as being empathetic listeners.
2. Virgo is the largest constellation in the zodiac and the second-largest in the sky. It contains 43 deep space objects and 49 extrasolar planets.
3. The dates for Virgo are 23 August to 22 September, so although Virgo is known as the September zodiac sign, it spills into August. There are actually two September zodiac signs: Virgo, and Libra, which takes over from Virgo on 23 September.
4. Because Virgo appears on the horizon at the beginning of fall and is visible until the end of October, it's associated with the end of summer and start of the harvest.
5. Virgo's zodiac symbol is the maiden. It's sometimes said to represent the Greek goddess of justice Astraea, also known as "star maiden". Other legends say it represents Persephone, daughter of the harvest goddess Demeter, while still more make it the harvest goddess herself. Either way, this is one divine sign.
6. The brightest star in the constellation Virgo is called Spica, meaning 'an ear of wheat'.
7. Virgo is a mutable sign along with Sagittarius, Pisces and Gemini. Mutable are known for being flexible and adaptable.
Facts About Earth Element Signs
The zodiac is divided into four elements: Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Virgo, alongside Taurus and Capricorn, is an Earth sign, so facts about earth elements are often also facts about Virgo.
8. Earth elements' patience, endurance and realism makes them the stable foundations of the zodiac.
9. Earth elements are committed to their goals. Once they decide on a plan or a project, their discipline and determination to succeed means they see it through.
10. They value security and like to think things through before jumping in or making a move. No risky decision-making here!
11. Earth signs can be as stubborn as, well, a rock. They're not trying to make life difficult, but all that thinking things through and being pragmatic means they won't let anyone talk them into making a move they don't agree with.
12. Because earth elements are so strongly linked to the physical world, they're great at activities like gardening and cooking as well as having a definite taste for the finer things.
Facts About Virgo Personality Traits
Facts about Virgo men, facts about Virgo women: you'll find them all in this list of all the wonderful things about those born under the sixth sign of the Zodiac. Virgo facts are having their time to shine.
13. Virgos are known for being reliable and practical. Like any earth sign, they're down to, well...earth. They keep their feet on the ground and a cool head in a crisis.
14. One of the best-known Virgo characteristics is their attention to detail. Some people would say 'nit-picking', but we know they're just making sure things run smoothly.
15. Another of those facts about Virgo everyone knows is that they're perfectionists. They set themselves high standards and stick to them, which is why they tend to accomplish so much.
16. A key trait in the personality of a Virgo is immense loyalty. They may be slow to open up, but once they've decided someone is a friend, Virgos can be relied on to stick around through thick and thin.
17. Virgos are quick thinkers. Their analytical nature means many people born under this zodiac sign enjoy reasoning and excel in subjects like math and science, where Virgos' logical side shines.
18. Despite their reputation for logic, that's not all there is to Virgo. Signs like Pisces and Aquarius may be the famous artist types, but one of the lesser-known facts about Virgo is that they're creative, while their perfectionism means anything they make will be beautifully done.
19. Virgos are kind, generous and sensitive souls. They have a deep need to be of service to others and will always be there for someone they care about.
20. Virgos love animals and nature as well as healthy eating and well-organised spaces. They're also usually big readers.
21. Virgos are often said to get on best with Taurus, Cancer and Scorpio, although they can get on well with any sign.
Characteristics Of A Virgo To Watch Out For
Like every star sign, there are a few facts about Virgo they'd probably rather keep to themselves. We can't write a blog about Virgo without being thorough, so here are a few things about Virgo horoscope readers to keep an eye on.
22. They're total over-thinkers and Virgo can be very prone to anxiety, especially if they let worrying occupy too much of their time. This can lead to the stereotype of them being "all work and no play".
23. Virgo people hate conflict, which is all very well if it means they're using their communication skills to solve the problem before it gets that far, but not so great if it means they're closing down and shutting people out.
24. People with a Virgo zodiac sign can't stand clutter, mess and disorganization. That's fine when it means they keep their room or desk tidy, but less fine when it means they're standing over you, insisting you tidy up yours too!
25. Virgos hate to be lectured or criticized. We can understand that, after all that time they spend going over every detail and thinking things through.
These facts about Virgo celebrities will have you all starry-eyed. (Please note that all these Virgo facts are based on people's public personas, and we don't actually know them.)
26. As well as her work ethic and creativity, Zendaya admits to a really Virgo-level need for control - she even insists on doing her own makeup because she knows how she wants it to look.
27. Known workaholic Keanu Reeves holds himself to very high standards, but is also famous for his typically Virgo kind and caring nature.
28. Beyonce's work ethic, perfectionism, drive and ability to pay attention to the smallest detail are all classic traits of a Virgo.
29. Harry, Duke of Sussex's years of service to his country, dedication to charity work and loyalty to his wife are all classic Virgo traits.
30. Keke Palmer is so Virgo she even released a song about it. And we thought we knew a lot of facts about Virgo!
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly facts for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 30 Valiant Virgo Facts Sure To Please Every Earth Baby then why not take a look at Libra Facts, or Zodiac Facts?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.