The first gift that you can give your little one is a beautiful and unique name.
Are you looking for unique Vietnamese baby boy names? The name of children in Vietnam consists of three parts: family name, middle name and last name.
Vietnamese baby names are traditional, and at the same time, popular. At the time of naming, parents hope that their children would adopt the characteristics of the name they have chosen for them. The last name in Vietnam is very common, and thus children are called by their middle name or their first name. Vietnamese baby boy names are commonly taken from mythical creatures and are meaningful. We have categorized Vietnamese baby boy names based on popularity and uniqueness. Here is the list of Vietnamese boy names with their meanings.
Popular Vietnamese Boy Names
Vietnamese boy names are abstract baby names that portray a personal quality, like modesty or virtue. We have created a list of Vietnamese names for boys that would help you in defining your child's individuality and help in identifying the trait you are looking for in your child. Below is the list of popular baby names.
1. An (Chinese origin) meaning "peaceful" and "gracious".
2. Bach is a Jewish name for a mountain tree, and boy name meaning is "to live by the stream".
3. Bao is a Vietnamese and Chinese boy name meaning "protection or security", "praise".
4. Chi is one of the popular baby names with two meanings - "man with purpose" in Vietnamese and "pond" in Chinese.
5. Dang is an Indo-European baby boy name meaning "prestige and valuable".
6. Gia has name variants like 'Gya', 'Gyah' or 'Giah' and the baby boy name means "family".
7. Gian (Hebrew origin) one of the popular baby names meaning "God's gift".
8. Hien is taken from Emperor Le Hien Tong and the name means "gentle, peaceful, quiet or kind".
9. Khanh (Turkish and Arabic origin" with name variants like Khanh or Khann and the name means "resembling precious stone'" or "prince".
10. Khuong is one of common boy baby names meaning "to offer help".
11. Lahn is a Vietnamese name meaning "quick" or "smart".
12. Lap is one of the popular baby names meaning "independent".
13. Nam is a popular Vietnamese baby name meaning "possessing good qualities.".
14. Nhat is a Vietnamese baby boy name that means "number one" or "long life".
15. Nhung is a Vietnamese baby boy name that means "velvet".
16. Oanh is pronounced as Ohwanh, and the baby boy name represents "type of bird".
17. Phong is a Chinese baby boy name meaning "wind" in Vietnamese.
18. Phung represents "phoenix" in Vietnamese and is one of the popular baby names for a boy.
19. Quang is pronounced in Vietnamese as Kwahng, and the baby name means "clear, bright or brilliant".
20. Quoc is the Vietnamese baby name that means "country or nation".
21. Si has four different origins- Chinese, Thai, Swedish and Vietnamese and Vietnamese; the baby boy name means "gentlemen".
22. Son is a Korean and Vietnamese boy name, which means "gentle" "peace" and "mountain".
23. Sinh is a Vietnamese origin baby boy name meaning "bloom", "full of life" or "birth".
24. Tai is a Chinese baby boy name means "talented", "prosperous" or "vast".
25. Tan (Turkish and Tswana origin) means "dawn" or "new".
26. Vien is one of the famous baby names, and it means "completion" in Vietnamese.
27. Vuong is a baby boy name that means "developed" or "prosperous".
28. Xuan is a beautiful baby boy name that means "spring".
Unique Vietnamese Baby Boy Names
In Vietnamese culture, the names are considered very sacred, and they represent the soul. Thus, the parents put the family name first, followed by the middle name and last name. We have listed down some unique Vietnamese names with meanings for boys.
29. Ba is the Vietnamese name meaning "third" or "three".
30. Bay is the unique Vietnamese name for a boy, and the name represents "seventh born son".
31. Binah, (Vietnamese origin) boy name meaning "piece" or "average".
32. Buu, (Vietnamese origin) is one of the Vietnamese names meaning 'guide' or 'principle.'
33. Ca is the Vietnamese name for the firstborn boy.
34. Cadeo is the Vietnamese name meaning 'folk song.'
35. Chinh is one of rare Vietnamese boy baby names meaning 'righteousness.'
36. Cuong is a Vietnamese name meaning "healthy" or "flourishing".
37. Duc is a rare Vietnamese baby name meaning "good".
38. Duy is one of the Vietnamese baby names for a boy that means "moral" and it is mainly given to the single son in the family.
39. Hoang in Vietnam represents "gold" or "yellow" and is one of the unique baby names for a boy.
40. Huu is a unique middle name in Vietnamese for boys.
41. Huynh in Vietnamese represents 'older brother/s' and is given to firstborn as he would be the older brother.
42. Kim in Vietnam culture represents "metal" or "gold".
43. Lam is one of Vietnam origin baby names for boys, with variants like Lammy or Lammie meaning "full of understanding" or "knowledge".
44. Long is a rare Vietnam baby name meaning "hair".
45. Ngai is a Vietnamese boy name that represents "herb".
46. Nguyen is one of Vietnamese origin baby names for boys meaning "sleep".
47. Phuoc is a Vietnamese baby boy name meaning "good luck".
48. Pin represents a "faithful boy" and originated in Vietnam.
49. Quy is one of rare Vietnamese boy baby names meaning "precious".
50. Sang is a unique name for a boy that means "noble" or "peace".
51. Tam in Vietnamese culture represents "number eight"
52. Te is a nickname for a boy in Vietnamese tradition.
53. Teo is one of Vietnamese origin boy baby names meaning "twin".
54. Thai is one of Vietnamese origin baby boy names meaning "multiple" or "many".
55. Thao is one of Vietnamese origin baby names meaning "courteous".
56. Thian is one of the rare baby names for a boy that means "smooth" in Vietnamese.
57. Thuc is one of the Vietnamese baby boy names meaning "to be aware".
58. Tin is one of the rare Vietnamese baby names meaning "thinker".
59. Trang is one of the rare baby names that represent "to be honorable".
60. Vinh is one of Vietnamese origin baby names meaning "bay" or "gulf".
Strong Vietnamese Boy Names
In Vietnamese culture, some of the baby names represent a strong character. We have created a list of strong Vietnamese boy names that might be suitable for your little one!
61. Anh Dung represents "valiant character" and is one of the popular baby names for boys meaning "strength" or "heroism".
62. Cuong is one of the baby names with variants like Kwaong meaning "healthy" or "flourishing".
63. Dung is a Vietnamese origin baby boy name, meaning "courageous" or "brave".
64. Hao is one of the rare Vietnamese baby names for a boy, and it means "to be good" or "brave".
65. Hung is one of the famous boy baby names that mean "hero" in Vietnamese and "wonderful" in Chinese.
66. Kai, (Vietnamese origin) meaning "victory".
67. Ly, (Chinese origin) was the name of a Legendary Vietnam warrior that means "reason" or "lion".
68. Mang, (Sino-Vietnamese origin), meaning "to be powerful" or "strong".
69. Thang is one of the popular boy baby names meaning "victory" or "brave".
70. Toan is one of Vietnamese origin baby names meaning "complete", "peace" or "secure".
71. Quan is one of rare Vietnamese origin baby names meaning "soldier" "brave" or "warrior".
Gender-Neutral Names Based On Vietnam
Few Vietnamese names represent native life, beaches or wildlife. The Vietnamese meaning of names embody beauty and are attributes of nature or mythical creatures. However, two names are often combined to create a special meaning for a boy and girl. Thus, we have created a list of unisex Vietnamese baby names that are meaningful and positive and would usher good luck in your children's lives.
72. Ai, (Chinese origin) that means 'sentimental love.'
73. Bian is a unisex Vietnamese name meaning "to be secretive" or "hidden".
74. Binh (Australian and Vietnamese origin) means "peaceful" or "section".
75. Chau is a unisex name has a Sino-Vietnamese origin boy baby names that mean "gem" or "pearl".
76. Cam originated from English, Vietnamese and Scottish, and the name means 'bent nose.'
77. Cais is a Vietnamese name that represents "a person who rejoices" or "peaceful".
78. Duyen is a Vietnamese name that represents "graceful person" or "charming person".
79. Dep is a Vietnamese boy name meaning "beautiful".
80. Diep is a Sino-Vietnamese name that represents "love for nature" or "leaf".
81. Hai, (Sino-Vietnamese origin) means"ocean or sea".
82. Hang, (Vietnamese origin) means "angel in the full moon".
83. Han has three origins (Japanese, Vietnamese and Chinese) means "moral" or "faithful".
84. Khuyen is a famous Vietnamese name that means "to give advice".
85. Lan is one of the commonly used names in Australia and Vietnam, and the name is after "orchid flower".
86. Lanh is one of the popularly used names in Vietnam and Australia, and the name means "good" and "gentle".
87. Mai, (Sino-Vietnamese origin) is inspired by nature meaning "plum" "tomorrow" "apricot" or "future".
88. Minh is one of the popular Vietnamese baby names that mean "a bright person", "intelligent" or "a clever person".
89. Nguyet is one of the rarely used names in Vietnamese culture, meaning "moon".
90. Nhat is one of the rare baby names, and it originated from Sin-Vietnam meaning "sun".
91. Ping, (Sino-Vietnam origin) meaning "peaceful".
92. Quyen, (Vietnam origin) name with anglicised spelling meaning "kind of a bird".
93. Sangh, (Vietnamese origin) a unisex name that means "from the upper class" or "nobility."
94. Suong, (Australian and Vietnamese origin) means "fog", "mist" or "haze".
95. Thi is one of the popular names and originated from Sino-Vietnam meaning "verse" or "poem".
96. Trieu is a Vietnamese name for a boy that represents "a small wave" or "a tide".
97. Thanh is one of the popular Vietnamese baby names that represents "sunny" "bright".
98. Tuyen is one of the popular Vietnamese baby names meaning "ray" or "angel".
99. Van, (Scandinavian, Greek, Vietnamese and Dutch origin) meaning "cloud".
100. Yen, (Thai and Vietnamese origin) meaning "serene" or "peace".
Kidadl has lots of great baby names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Vietnamese Boy Names then why not take a look at Mongolian Names, or for something different take a look at Names That Mean Beautiful.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.