It is during the hard times we realize our capability and power to keep moving forward.
The hard times never last, but tough people do last. And tough times like these eventually become our life lessons.
Inspirational sayings and words of encouragement and strength do help many people get past their tough times! Tough times bring out the best in every individual. When life gets tough, one should not lose hope as the best view comes after the hardest climb. We present to you the list of quotes for when life gets tough.
Quotes About When Life Gets Tough
Hard times have the tendency to not last for a long time, just like the good times, and that's what life is about, balancing both efficiently. We present to you the list of when things are getting tough quotes and why life is so tough quotes that will help you get through the hard times.
1. "Challenges are what make life interesting, and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
—Joshua J. Marine.
2. "All warriors of a free life share a hardcore mantel that brindles them through troubled times."
― Kilroy J. Oldster, 'Dead Toad Scrolls', 2015.
3. "I get it now; I didn't get it then. That life is about losing and about doing it as gracefully as possible… and enjoying everything in between."
– Mia Farrow.
4. "If you are feeling low or trampled, unappreciated or forgotten, and you are reading this, realize it is an illusion. The hope is real, you are valued, and what lies ahead is brilliance."
5. "The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests."
6. "The way I see it, hard times aren't only about money, or drought, or dust. Hard times are about losing spirit, and hope, and what happens when dreams dry up."
― Karen Hesse, 'Out of the Dust', 1997.
7. "Life is at its best when everything has fallen out of place, and you decide that you're going to fight to get them right."
– Thisuri Wanniarachchi.
8. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
– Vivian Greene.
9. "Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up, as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it."
– Fyodor Dostoevsky, 'Notes From Underground', 1864.
10. "Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else."
– Les Brown.
11. "When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
-Harriet Beecher Stowe.
12. "The good life is not built on a foundation of ease... it's the hard times that give us a rock-solid foundation."
- Richie Norton.
13. "In tough times, everyone has to take their share of the pain."
14. "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Thomas A. Edison.
15. "Life is tough, and things don't always work out well, but we should be brave and go on with our lives."
16. "It's hard at times, but it makes a kid strong in ways that most people can't understand."
- Nicholas Sparks.
17. "Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."
18. "Life is full of tough decisions, and nothing makes them easy. But the worst ones are really your personal loans, and tormenting ambivalence is just the sense of satori rising".
- Martha Beck.
19. "To succeed, you have to be willing to do something and be very bad at it for a while. You have to look bad before you can look really good."
– Barbara DeAngelis.
20. "Nothing good comes cheaply, so we shouldn't be surprised when we meet the hard while going for the best. Hard times are not quiet times."
21. "Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be a reality."
Inspirational Quotes When Life Gets Tough
In life, every individual faces hard times at some point or another. It is those who never give up in such tough times that get to enjoy the fruits. We present to you the list of such motivational quotes when life gets tough keep going to help you come out stronger.
22. "And once the storm is over, you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure whether the storm is really over."
- Haruki Murakami, 'Kafka on the Shore', 2002.
23. "When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always get worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better."
– Malcolm S. Forbes.
24. "When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two things: There will be ground to stand. Or you will grow wings to fly."
25. "In life, I'm like Molly Brown. I've had tough times along the way and gone through experiences that many women have gone through. But I ain't down yet."
26. "Prosperity is not without many fears and disasters, and adversity is not without comforts and hopes."
– Francis Bacon.
27. "Life has many ways of testing a person's will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once."
- Paulo Coelho, 'The Winner Stands Alone', 2008.
28. "The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fail."
– Nelson Mandela.
29. "I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead; others come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see. Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me."
– Dr. Seuss.
30. "The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."
– Marjorie Pay Hinckley.
31. "We must meet the challenge rather than wish it were not before us."
– William J. Brennan, Jr.
32. "Life can be tough sometimes. But I think it just starts with admitting, 'Okay, the world's not perfect, how do we live our lives within that and not be miserable?'"
- Amy Lee.
33. "Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."
– Leroy Satchel Paige.
34. "Trying to run away is never the answer to being fully human. Running away from the immediacy of our experience is like preferring death to life."
- Pema Chödrön, 'When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult', 1996.
35. "Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they're supposed to help you discover who you are."
- Bernice Johnson Reagon.
36. "Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A 'you can do it' when things are tough."
-Richard M. DeVos.
37. "We face up to awful things because we can't go around them. The sooner you say 'Yes, it happened, and there's nothing I can do about it,' the sooner you can get on with your own life."
– Annie Proulx, 'The Shipping News', 1993.
38. "We all have an unsuspected reserve of strength inside that emerges when life puts us to the test."
-Isabel Allende, 'Island Beneath the Sea', 2009.
39. "A tough lesson in life that one has to learn is that not everybody wishes you well."
40. "And hard times are good in their own way, too. Because the only way you can achieve true happiness is if you experience true sadness as well. It's all about light and shade. Balance."
- Gabrielle Williams.
41. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time, we fall."
42." Every adversity, every failure, and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater benefit."
– Napoleon Hill.
43. "You're going to go through tough times - that's life. But I say, 'Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.' See the positive in negative events."
44. "Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them."
– Norman Vincent Peale.
45. "If things are going bad and life is tough, hang in there. Ride it out. Come out on top."
- Ashton Irwin, Twitter.
46. "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light."
- J.K Rowling, 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban', 1999.
47. "No matter how tough things get, no matter how many times you lose, you keep trying to win."
- LL Cool J.
48. "If it's not exactly like you thought it would be; you think it's a failure. What about the spectrum of colors in between."
– Sara Evans.
49. "See your hard times through the spectacles of your experiences. They, too, shall pass away."
- Ogwo David Emenike.
50. "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it."
– Henry Ford.
51. "Be willing to be uncomfortable. Be comfortable being uncomfortable. It may get tough, but it's a small price to pay for living a dream."
- Peter McWilliams.
52. "Progress comes at a price. You have to be willing to make tough calls and take the hits."
- Aja Brown.
Short Quotes When Life Becomes Tough
Robert H Schuller and many other motivational speakers have taught us that tough times never last, but tough people do. So taking such inspirational quotes in mind, we present to you the list of short quotes when life gets tough, quotes about 'when the going gets tough to keep going' to keep you motivated.
53. "The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up."
54. "If you fell down yesterday, stand up today."
- H.G. Wells, 'The Wheel Of Chance', 1896.
55. "We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
56. "Believe you can, and you're halfway there."
57. "Tough times never last, but tough people do."
– Robert H Schuller.
58. "Having the ability to activate your faith in the midst of hard times in life is a blessing."
- Angel Moreira.
59. "When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,' I am always tempted to ask, 'Compared to what?'"
60. "Just be prepared for a long and often uncertain journey. The good stuff doesn't come easy."
– Tim Westergren.
61. "You've got to stay strong to be strong in tough times."
-Tilman J. Fertitta.
62. "If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today."
– Thich Nhat Hanh, 'Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life', 1990.
63. "Do not pray for an easy life; pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."
– Bruce Lee.
64. "Every adversity brings new experiences and new lessons."
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
65. "Surround yourself with those who believe in you. Your life is too important for anything less."
66. "Let perseverance be your engine, and hope your fuel."
– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
67. "The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down."
-Stephen Richards, 'Cosmic Ordering', 2009.
68. "Let yourself be gutted. Let it open you. Start there."
-Cheryl Strayed, 'Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar', 2012.
69. "Life is tough, and you have to be tougher than life to change the world."
70. "Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness."
- Ayn Rand.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for When Life Gets Tough Quotes To Power Through, then why not take a look at You Got This! Quotes or When Life Gets Hard Quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.