We know that coming up with perfect answers to crossing the road jokes can be tricky when you're put on the spot.
Luckily for you we've got fourty perfect ways for you to answer when you're faced with a 'Why did the chicken cross the road?' joke. No matter what animal your children throw at you, or which situation you're in, this list is your one-stop-shop for cracking jokes and riddle answers.
Keep your kids laughing and score bonus points for being the funniest parent with these egg-cellent jokes.
1) Why did the chicken cross the football field?
It was a fowl.
2) Why did the chick cross the road?
Because it was take your child to work day!
3) Why did the chicken cross the road?
It was free-range.
4) Why did half a chicken cross the road?
To get to its other side.
5) Why did the chicken cross the road?
It was bored of just standing there.
6) Why did the chicken cross the playground?
To get to the other slide!
7) Why did the rubber chickens cross the road?
To stretch their legs.
8) Why did the chickens cross the road?
Someone told them it was an egg-cellent idea.
9) Why did the chicken stop crossing the road?
It got tired of the jokes.
10) Why did the chicken cross the road?
just beak-cause it could.
11) Why did the chicken cross the internet?
To get to the other site.
12) Why did the chicken cross the playground?
To get to the other ride.
13) Why did the chicken cross the road?
Her brother was on the other side.
14) Why did the chicken cross the road?
To say hello to its friend. 'Knock knock'. Who is there? 'The chicken'.
15) Why did the bunny cross the road?
To go to the hare dresser.
16) Why did the horse cross the road?
To get to the apple store.
17) Why did the zebra cross the road?
There was a zebra crossing.
18) Why couldn't the T-Rex cross the road?
His arms were too short to reach the traffic light button.
19) Why did Adele cross the road?
She wanted to say hello from the other side.
20) Why didn't the dinosaur cross the road?
Because roads weren't invented yet.
21) Why did the duck cross the road?
To meet its friend, the chicken.
22) Why did the horse cross the road?
It wanted to see it's neigh-bour.
23) Why did the cow cross the road?
To go to the moooovies.
24) Why didn't the turkey cross the road?
Because he wasn't chicken!
25) What happened when the elephant crossed the road?
He scared the chicken.
26) Why did the sheep cross the road?
To get to the baa baa's shop.
27) Why did the cow cross the road?
To get to the udder side.
28) Why did the fish cross the road?
It needed to get to the school.
29) Why did the toddler cross the road?
To pet the chicken.
30) Why did the horse cross the road?
To give the chicken a day off.
31) How did the egg cross the road?
32) Why did the rooster cross the road?
To prove he wasn't a chicken.
33) Why did the duck cross the road?
It thought it was a chicken.
34) Why did the cow cross the road?
The chicken needed a holiday.
35) Why did the dinosaur cross the road?
Because the chicken didn't exist yet!
36) Why didn't the skeleton cross the road?
He didn't have the guts.
37) Why did the rooster cross the road?
It needed to cockadoodle dooo something!
38) Why did the chewing gum cross the road?
It was stuck to the chicken.
39) Why did the fish cross the road?
To get to the other tide.
40) Why did the turtle cross the road?
She needed to get to the shell station.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.