"Empowered women empower women", is a powerful quote with an unknown origin, that has been shared far and wide.
It is so popular because it is short and simple, yet has a clear and powerful message. It argues that women can support other women by owning their own power and taking action in their lives.
If another woman needs your help, a great way to offer this is through some inspiring words of wisdom. Why not share a quote about being a woman in a man's world like Whitney Houston's empowering line: “I like being a woman, even in a man's world. After all, men can't wear dresses, but we can wear the pants.” A bold statement like this will empower her, and give her the confidence she needs to assert her own position in the world.
We have found lots of powerful women supporting women quotes to empower you! From empowering women quotes to inspiring quotes for strong women, you will find the perfect women supporting women quote to inspire any young girl here.
If you like these women supporting women quotes, you will love our [women in business quotes] and [empower women quotes] too.
Inspirational Quotes About Strong Women
These women supporting women quotes include lots of women supporting each other quotes, inspiring quotes by women, inspiring women's quotes, quotes about women's empowerment, quotes for women's empowerment, empowering quotes by women, women in power quotes, quotes from powerful women, supporting quotes, girl power quotations and quotes about girl power. If you are looking for some great inspirational quotes for women, this list belongs to you.
1. "And one day she discovered that she was fierce and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears."
– Mark Anthony.
2. "Some women choose to follow men, and some choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore."
– Lady Gaga.
3. "Buckle up, and know that it’s going to be a tremendous amount of work, but embrace it."
4. "The way in which we think of ourselves has everything to do with how our world sees us and how we see ourselves successfully acknowledged by the world."
– Arlene Rankin.
5."We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success."
– Arianna Huffington.
6. "Don’t let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It’s your place in the world; it’s your life."
— Dr. Mae Jemison.
7. "We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored."
– Sheryl Sandberg.
8. “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”
― Brigham Young.
9. "No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back."
– Kamala Harris.
10. "Success, they taught me, is built on the foundation of courage, hard work, and individual responsibility. Despite what some would have us believe, success is not built on resentment and fears."
– Susana Martinez.
11. "Embrace everything you are as a woman. Even your flaws too. And the things that you want to fix, you make them better."
– Kelly Rowland.
12. "A strong woman understands that gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts."
– Nancy Rathburn.
13. "Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them."
– Stacy London.
14. "Whatever anybody says or does, assume positive intent. You will be amazed at how your whole approach to a person or problem becomes very different."
– Indra Nooyi.
15. "Whatever you do, be different – that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you’re different, you will stand out."
– Anita Roddick.
16. "Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then."
– Diana Ross.
17. "The power you have is to be the best version of yourself you can be, so you can create a better world."
- Ashley Rickards.
18. "It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent."
- Madeleine Albright.
19. "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
- Maya Angelou.
20. "To all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful, and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams."
21. "A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
22. "I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman."
- Diane von Furstenberg.
23. "Women are leaders everywhere you look—from the CEO who runs a Fortune 500 company to the housewife who raises her children and heads her household. Our country was built by strong women, and we will continue to break down walls and defy stereotypes."
- Nancy Pelosi.
24. "You could make a case that, along with the technological revolution, the most provocative upending destabilizing thrilling change in the course of human history is that we’re finally in it... We're here now, women are in the world, and we will not be bullied."
- Meryl Streep.
25. "Women will be hidden no more. We will not remain hidden figures. We have names."
- Janelle Monae.
26. "I feel now that the time has come when even a woman or a child who can speak a word for freedom and humanity is bound to speak."
- Harriet Beecher Stowe.
27. "They cannot stand that a refugee, a black woman, an immigrant, a Muslim, shows up in Congress thinking she's equal to them. But I say to them, 'How else did you expect me to show up?'"
- Ilhan Omar.
28. "Maybe it just boils down to: I'm a woman who's really into her career, so I'm obsessed with the craft of my work... There's a romance in that for me."
29. "I hate to hear you talking so like a fine gentleman, and as if women were all fine ladies, instead of rational creatures. We none of us expect to be in smooth water all our days."
- Jane Austen.
30." Women must not accept; they must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression."
- Margaret Sanger.
31. "It was a woman that gave you Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. It was a woman that gave you Malcolm X. And according to the Bible, it was a woman that gave you Jesus. Don't you ever forget it."
- Janelle Monae.
32. "I think women are foolish to pretend they are equal to men, they are far superior and always have been."
- William Golding.
33. "Women have served all these centuries as looking-glasses possessing the magic and delicious power of reflecting the figure of a man at twice its natural size."
- Virginia Woolf.
34. "No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contributions of half of its citizens."
- Michelle Obama.
35. "Whether women are better than men I cannot say - but I can say they are certainly no worse."
- Golda Meir.
36. "The education and empowerment of women throughout the world cannot fail to result in a more caring, tolerant, just, and peaceful life for all."
- Aung San Suu Kyi.
37. "I think the girl who is able to earn her own living and pay her own way should be as happy as anybody on earth. The sense of independence and security is very sweet."
- Susan B. Anthony.
38. "The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before."
- Albert Einstein.
39. "It is terrifying to people when women step up and start owning the story that they have not owned. And I’m seeing so much of this, and it is a seismic shift."
- Amanda Palmer.
40. "I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story - I will."
- Amy Schumer.
Strong Women Quotes From Famous Female Leaders
Great leaders from around the world have motivated many women. These empowering women quotes include quotes on empowerment, quotes on women empowerment, a quotation on women's power, positive women quotes, inspiring quotes for girls, women's success quotes, and quotes about female empowerment. We hope you enjoy this list of unique female empowerment quotes, just for you.
41. "One of the criticisms I’ve faced over the years is that I’m not aggressive enough or assertive enough or maybe somehow, because I’m empathetic, it means I’m weak. I totally rebel against that. I refuse to believe that you cannot be both compassionate and strong."
- Jacinda Ardern.
42. "Leadership is not a person or a position. It is a complex moral relationship between people based on trust, obligation, commitment, emotion, and a shared vision of the good."
- Joanne Ciulla.
43. "If you’re not making some notable mistakes along the way, you’re certainly not taking enough business and career chances."
- Sallie Krawcheck.
44. "Rarely are opportunities presented to you in a perfect way. In a nice little box with a yellow bow on top. 'Here, open it, it's perfect. You'll love it.' Opportunities – the good ones – are messy, confusing and hard to recognize. They're risky."
- Susan Wojcicki.
45. "I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist."
- Ginni Rometty.
46. "I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough."
- Marissa Mayer.
47. "Ninety percent of leadership is the ability to communicate something people want."
- Dianne Feinstein.
48. "With kids, they don’t do what you want them to do when you want them to do it. Organizations don’t necessarily, either. You’ve got to listen. You’ve got to learn how to influence."
- Ellen J. Kullman.
49. "Part of leadership is knowing when to go ahead with a decision that’s within your authority because you’re really convinced it’s the right thing, even if other people don’t understand it at that point."
- Dr. Ingrid Mattson.
50. "You have to look at your career and personal life at the big-picture level: it’s a marathon, not a sprint. Doing that helps me feel OK during the weeks when one part of my life overwhelms the other."
- Joanna Horsnail.
51. "Without being willing to fail and continually get back up again, I would never have been able to find the right market and establish my product within it."
- Kelly Manthey.
52. "You need to spend political capital - be unafraid to introduce people, compliment somebody when it’s deserved and stand up for something you really believe in, rather than just go with the flow."
- Amy Schulman.
53. "The size of your dreams must always exceed your current capacity to achieve them. If your dreams do not scare you, they are not big enough."
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.
54. "Making the decision to not follow a system, or someone else’s rules has allowed me to really dig into what my own strengths and gifts are without spending time feeling jaded or wasteful."
- Ishita Gupta.
55. "I think it’s a combination of personality traits that have helped me to succeed. Not only hard work - but patience, sacrifice and choosing my battles have all helped me to reach the point in my career to which I aspired, in a company I admired."
- Katelyn Gleason.
56. "If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader."
- Dolly Parton.
57. "I just want women to always feel in control. Because we're capable, we're so capable."
- Nicki Minaj.
58. "We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained."
- Marie Curie.
59. "A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don't necessarily want to go, but ought to be."
- Rosalynn Carter.
60. "Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, 'She doesn't have what it takes'. They will say, 'Women don't have what it takes'."
- Clare Boothe Luce.
Empowering Women's History Quotes
If you are looking for more words of empowerment for strong women then check out these women supporting women quotes from key speakers including Maya Angelou. A real woman quote from this list might just inspire the young girl inside you to reach for her dreams. Make sure you take note of these empowering quotes for women!
61. "Whenever one person stands up and says, ‘Wait a minute, this is wrong,’ it helps other people do the same."
- Gloria Steinem.
62. "It is a fact that when you change a girl’s life, you affect her vision of herself and her immediate world and the world that she will have an impact on."
- Oprah Winfrey.
63. "I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own."
- Audre Lorde.
64."We still think of a powerful man as a born leader and a powerful woman as an anomaly."
- Margaret Atwood.
65. "When women and girls are empowered to participate fully in society, everyone benefits."
- Melinda Gates.
66. "Whatever the problem, be part of the solution. Don’t just sit around raising questions and pointing out obstacles."
- Tina Fey.
67. "I do know one thing about me: I don’t measure myself by others’ expectations or let others define my worth."
- Sonia Sotomayor.
68. "Never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance in the world to pursue your dreams."
- Hillary Clinton.
69. "Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination."
- Mae Jemison.
70. "Women will have achieved true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation."
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
71. "A girl should not expect special privileges because of her sex but neither should she adjust to prejudice and discrimination."
72. "I raise up my voice—not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard… We cannot succeed when half of us are held back."
– Malala Yousafzai.
73. "I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear."
– Rosa Parks.
74. "I don't have a feeling of inferiority. Never had. I'm as good as anybody, but no better."
– Katherine Johnson.
75. "If you're always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be."
– Maya Angelou.
76. "We’re all water from different rivers, that’s why it’s so easy to meet; we’re all water in this vast, vast ocean, someday we’ll evaporate together."
– Yoko Ono.
77. "You don’t make progress by standing on the sidelines whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas."
– Shirley Chisholm.
78. "Do what you feel in your heart to be right–for you’ll be criticized anyway."
– Eleanor Roosevelt.
79. "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any."
- Alice Walker.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for women supporting women quotes then why not take a look at these [women's rights quotes], or [Women's History Month quotes] for more?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.