Every year the month of March is celebrated as Women's History Month worldwide.
During this month, organizations, individuals, and the media highlight the contributions of women to our society, both past and present. Women's History Month is celebrated to honor wonderful women for their contribution to history, and for making the world a better place for all.
Some of the most influential women in history are Catherine the Great, Sojourner Truth, Rosa Parks, Malala Yousafzai, Marie Curie, Ada Lovelace, former First Lady Michelle Obama, Edith Cowan and Amelia Earhart, among many, many others.
These women fought hard to make sure the world took them seriously. Their efforts made huge differences to the lives of women and girls of the future. They paved a way for younger generations to achieve their dreams of education rights, voting rights and gender equality and this is why we celebrate Women's History Month. It is important to commemorate and celebrate the efforts of these strong women and encourage future generations around the world to continue their hard work. These Women's History Month quotes from notable women will inspire you to take your fight to the next level and build on the work of these powerful women.
So, if you are looking for some inspiration and are in need of inspirational messages for women, then these great quotes by women about women's life for Women's History Month are perfect. You can also check out these [women's rights quotes] and [empower women quotes] articles too.
Inspirational Women's Month Quotes
Some of the most famous quotes for Women's History Month are famous quotes about women that are meant to inspire you. These famous women's right quotes will light a fire within you that will make you want to march up and fight for what is right. So, this Women's Empowerment Month, check out these women's history quotes, American historical quotes about women by women and pioneer woman quotes, to get you in the spirit of womanhood.
1. "Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world's estimation."
- Susan B. Anthony.
2. "To each of you powerful women I say this, you know that you are forced to be reckoned with, you can and have inspired peace and understanding and most importantly right now you can inspire your audience to vote. Now more than ever women need to continue to rise up."
- Emma González.
3. "Never limit yourself because of others' limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination."
- Mae Jemison.
4. "How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!"
- Maya Angelou.
5. "Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."
- Janis Joplin.
6. "One is not born a woman, one becomes one."
- Simone de Beauvoir.
7. "Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely, and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work."
- Mother Teresa.
8. "I really only love God as much as I love the person I love the least."
- Dorothy Day.
9. "Toughness doesn't have to come in a pinstripe suit."
- Dianne Feinstein.
10. "The history of all times, and of today especially, teaches that... women will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves."
- Louise Otto.
11. "Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood."
- Marie Curie.
12. "Helmer: Before all else, you are a wife and a mother.
Nora: That I no longer believe. I believe that before all else I am a human being."
- Henrik Ibsen, 'A Doll's House'.
13. "A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture, and transform."
- Diane Mariechild.
14. "For what is done or learned by one class of women becomes, by virtue of their common womanhood, the property of all women."
15. "Great necessities call out great virtues."
16. "I am not a theologian or a scholar, but I am very aware of the fact that pain is necessary to all of us. In my own life, I think I can honestly say that out of the deepest pain has come the strongest conviction of the presence of God and the love of God."
- Elisabeth Elliot.
17. "Where there is great love, there are always miracles."
- Willa Cather.
18. "Until the great mass of the people shall be filled with a sense of responsibility for each other's welfare, social justice can never be attained."
- Helen Keller.
19. "What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God."
- Eleanor Powell.
20. "I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the night."
- Mary Gardiner Brainard.
Women Activist Quotes From Famous Women
These inspirational quotes by famous women are all about women's appreciations. So, these women's appreciation quotes are great quotes from great women that will make you want to learn more about these women, who fought the patriarchy and carved a niche for themselves, thus paving a path for us all. Check out this list of amazing national Women's History Month quotes, including plenty of famous women in history quotes, women family quotes, celebrating women quotes and quotes about women's life. You will even find quotes from Oprah Winfrey and from former First Lady, Eleanor Roosevelt in this list.
21. "When women are held back, our country is held back. When women get ahead, everyone gets ahead."
- Hillary Clinton.
22. "A woman is like a teabag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
23. "I raise up my voice – not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard."
- Malala Yousafzai.
24. "It's ok to build somebody up without tearing others down at the same time."
- Mari Copeny.
25. "Women don’t need to find their voice. They need to feel empowered to use it and people need to be encouraged to listen."
- Meghan Markle.
26. "You should never view your challenges as a disadvantage. Instead, it’s important for you to understand that your experience facing and overcoming adversity is actually one of your biggest advantages."
- Michelle Obama.
27. "Women feel like we need permission... We need to lead and change that."
- Emma Watson.
28. "What I know for sure is that speaking your truth is the most powerful tool we all have. And I’m especially proud, and inspired by all the women who have felt strong enough and empowered enough to speak up and share their personal stories."
- Oprah Winfrey.
29. "Women belong in all places where decisions are being made... It shouldn't be that women are the exception."
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
30. "We need to come together - activists, artists, feminists - we all need to be together and cooperate together, no matter how hard it is."
- Nela Croatia.
31. "I fight for the dignity of all people, specifically women."
32. "We cannot have equality for all if we have an economy that only works for the wealthy few, but we also cannot have an economy that works for everyone if even one person is kept out of a job because of hate."
- Sarah McBride.
33. "A feminist is a person who believes in the power of women just as much as they believe in the power of anyone else. It’s equality, it’s fairness, and I think it’s a great thing to be a part of."
34. "It's not the physical appearance of the person, but the kind of human that person is, that will make a difference in life."
- J Varsha.
35. "I endeavor to make the most of everything."
- Victoria Woodhull.
36. "Feminism's agenda is basic: It asks that women not be forced to 'choose' between public justice and private happiness."
- Susan Faludi.
37. "We can do no great things, only small things with great love."
- Mother Teresa.
38. "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."
- Anne Frank.
39. "Today it is fashionable to talk about the poor. Unfortunately, it is not fashionable to talk with them."
- Mother Teresa.
40. "If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner."
- Tallulah Bankhead.
Women's History Month Quotes From Feminist Marches
Many feminist marches throughout history have changed the course for women around the globe. In the Women’s March on Versailles in 1789, strong women raised their voices against poverty and starvation, in the Women’s Suffrage Parade in 1913 women marched for their rights, and in the more recent Women's March in 2017, millions of women joined together in different marches worldwide as a global stand of solidarity. Here we have listed some women's heart quotes, influential women quotes, and quotes about women's role in history. So, check out quotes from strong women this Women's History Month.
41. "The only way for a woman, as for a man, to find herself, to know herself as a person, is by creative work of her own. There is no other way."
42. "We are mothers. We are caregivers. We are artists. We are activists. We are entrepreneurs, doctors, leaders of the industry, and technology. Our potential is unlimited. We rise."
- Alicia Keys.
43. “Without the community, there is no liberation.”
― Audre Lorde.
44. “We must be the authors of the history of our age.”
― Madeleine Albright.
45. "A movement is much more than a march. A movement is that different space between our reality and our vision. Our liberation depends on all of us."
- Janet Mock.
46. “Feminism, when it truly achieves its goals, will crack through the most basic structures of our society.”
― Shulamith Firestone.
47. "Remember, the Constitution doesn’t begin with, 'I, the president.' It begins with, 'We, the people.'"
- Gloria Steinem.
48. “Thus, gender ideology not only creates ideas about femininity, but it also shapes conceptions about masculinity.”
― Patricia Hill Collins.
49. "We recognize that we are collective agents of history and that history cannot be deleted like web pages."
- Angela Davis.
50. “No one can give us power. If we aren’t part of the process of taking it, we won’t be strong enough to use it.”
― Gloria Steinem.
51. "If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
- Margaret Thatcher.
52. "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
- Alice Walker.
53. "I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want."
54. "Don’t get frustrated, get involved. Don’t complain, organize."
- Maryum Ali.
55. "The future depends entirely on what each of us does every day; a movement is only people moving."
- Gloria Steinem.
56. "It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent."
- Madeleine Albright.
57. "No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contributions of half its citizens."
- Michelle Obama.
58. "Feminism isn't about making women stronger. Women are already strong, it's about changing the way the world perceives that strength."
- G. D. Anderson.
59. "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."
- Desmond Tutu.
60. "If one man can destroy everything, why can't one girl change it?"
- Malala Yousafzai.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 60 Women's History Month quotes to celebrate girl power, then why not take a look at these [women supporting women quotes], or ['Women Who Run With The Wolves' quotes] for more?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.