Star-crossed lovers tend to face a lot of hardships when it comes to being together forever.
Believers of astrology claim feeling that certain pairings are worked against by external forces, like the stars of the couple not aligning. Since they believe that stars control human destiny, every relationship between star-crossed lovers is considered destined to fail always.
Yet, many star-crossed lovers pursue each other feeling that they want to follow their heart in life. They hope to find the best of everything that the world has to offer in someone they feel like spending their life and forever with. Loving quotes for such determined souls deserve a special place in the heart.
Love quotations are sayings that perfectly sum up the various nuances of the complex feelings and expressions of love. Love quotes can aptly depict the emotions of two lovers pining for each other or even the mundane realities of being in love. Quotes on love are as diverse as the experience of love itself. Two people never experience the passions of the heart the same way. You may enjoy lovable quotes about your partner's best qualities, or want to draw inspiration from quotes about loving someone in a more holistic way and never giving up on them. You and me against the world quotes may appeal more to those feeling the rollercoaster of everything that love can sometimes take us on, while others may want to warm their hearts with some you and me forever quotes.
You can use a quotation about love in several places for someone special. You may want to add it to a card you're making for your special someone or even in a speech where you're appreciating your partner. You can also simply leave a lovers quote lying around as a pleasant surprise for your special someone.
Our list of love quotes for star-crossed lovers is sure to leave you feeling warm and hopeful. We've rounded up love quotes from books, films, and well-known personalities to inspire you. For more inspiration, you can also check out these "you are the love of my life quotes" and "you complete me quotes".
Young Lovers Quotes
Feeling like a young lover and like the idea of being together with your special someone for the rest of your life? New love always makes you feel like you can't be without that special someone in your life. Every minute of time spent without your special someone is time where you feel like your mind is somewhere else entirely, you are completely content. If you've ever felt this way, you'll surely like our compilation of quotations for love as well as these to be in love quotes. You may want to share these with someone else to make them smile! Which lovable quote is your favorite?
1. "Wind power, water power, coal power—how great would it be if you could harness the power of a young man in love?"
-Frankie Heck, 'The Middle'.
2. "Beginnings are easy, but after that, happiness takes some work."
-Liz Thebart, 'Walk Away'.
3. "Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow."
4. "There is a madness in loving you, a lack of reason that makes it feel so flawless."
5. "Life is the flower for which love is the honey."
6. "If you wish to be loved, love."
7. "Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses."
8. "It's a good sign but rare instance when, in a relationship, you find that the more you learn about the other person, the more you continue to desire them. A sturdy bond delights in that degree of youthful intrigue. Love loves its youth."
-Criss Jami, 'Killosophy'.
9. "Your first love isn't the first person you give your heart to - it's the first one who breaks it."
10. "’Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
-Alfred Lord Tennyson.
11. "Young love is common, but that doesn't mean it's not precious."
-Eoin Colfer, 'Airman'.
12. "What I am telling you is that you do not need to know to love, and it is right that you feel it all in any moment. And it is right that you see it through - that you are amazed, then curious, then belligerent, then heartbroken, then numb. You have the right to all of it."
13. "It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight."
-Vladimir Nabokov, 'Lolita'.
14. "First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity."
-George Bernard Shaw .
15. "The young habitually mistake lust for love, they're infested with idealism of all kinds."
-Margaret Atwood, 'The Blind Assassin'.
16. "It is impossible to love and to be wise."
17. "I love how she makes me feel like anything is possible, or like life is worth it."
-Tom Hansen, '500 Days Of Summer'.
18. "The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."
19. "The loss of young first love is so painful that it borders on the ludicrous."
-Maya Angelou .
20. "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides."
Wedding Day Quotes
Me and you quotes for your special someone are a great way to tell your star-crossed lover, "I'm in this for the rest of my life." Marriage is, after all, a big deal and "the rest of my life" is not a commitment to be making lightheartedly. If you feel like, "I want to spend the rest of my life with this person and not someone else", there's always a way you can express this way that you feel through the use of a lovely quotation. Here are some love quotes for the big day you just can't do without. These quotes of love are sure to put a smile on your face every time. Pick what you like.
21. "Every good relationship, especially marriage, is based on respect. If it's not based on respect, nothing that appears to be good will last very long."
-Amy Grant .
22. "Immature love says ‘I love you because I need you.’ Mature love says ‘I need you because I love you’."
23. "A relationship is like a house. When a light bulb burns out you do not go and buy a new house, you fix the light bulb."
24. "You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear."
25. "Good communication is less about saying what you mean, and more about defining what you say."
-Kelli Jae Baeli, 'ISO'.
26. "The only reward for love is the experience of loving."
-John le Carré.
27. "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine."
28. "I can’t promise that in our relationship you won’t face any problems, but I surely can promise that you won’t face them alone!"
29. "I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."
-Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
30. "If your love for another person doesn’t include loving yourself then your love is incomplete."
-Shannon L. Alder.
31. "Every couple has ups and downs, every couple argues, and that’s the thing - you’re a couple, and couples can’t function without trust."
-Nicholas Sparks, 'At First Sight'.
32. "I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be."
-Charles Dickens, 'Great Expectations'.
33. "A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person."
34. "To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life."
35. "Every relationship has its problems but what makes it perfect is when you still want to be there when everything goes wrong."
36. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other."
37. "I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more."
38. "Hold no grudges and practice forgiveness. This is the key to having peace in all your relationships."
39. "Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war, love is a growing up."
-James A. Baldwin.
40. "We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigued with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness."
41. "I love you begins by I, but it ends up by you."
-Charles de Leusse.
42. "Both people need to care deeply about the other person, to put the other’s needs before their own, and to make a daily commitment to that person to stick it out."
-Alessandra Torre, 'Blindfolded Innocence'.
43. "Where there is love there is life."
44. "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages."
45. "Problems should be like speed bumps. You slow down just to get over it, but you don’t let it stop you from heading to your destination."
46. "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
-Emily Bronte, 'Wuthering Heights'.
47. "Great couples still get angry with each other, but they continue to discuss until there is a solution even if it takes several days."
48. "Eternity is in love with the productions of time."
49. "Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow."
50. "To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow - this is a human offering that can border on miraculous."
-Elizabeth Gilbert, 'Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace With Marriage'.
Valentine's Day Quotes
One way you want to show your Valentine how much they mean to you when all else fails is to make use of a loving quote. Choose a quote of love or a "with love" quote that you like as a way to express yourself every time you want to, perhaps even without your lover expecting it.
51. "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you ... I could walk through my garden forever."
52. "This thing we're doing here, you, me. I'm in. I am all in."
53. "I’m a winner because I always bet on you."
54. "You are the last thought in my mind before I drift off to sleep and the first thought when I wake up each morning."
55. "Love is a game that two can play and both win."
56. "When you're a kid, you assume your parents are soulmates. My kids are gonna be right about that."
-Pam Beesly, 'The Office'.
57. "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world."
58. "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
59. "If I know what love is, it is because of you."
60. "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved."
61. "Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."
62. "Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone, it has to be made, like bread; remade all the time, made new."
-Ursula K. Le Guin, 'The Lathe Of Heaven'.
63. "Who, being loved, is poor?"
64. "You can’t blame gravity for falling in love."
65. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt."
-Charles Schulz .
66. "There is nothing I can do that won’t bring me back to you."
67. "Love is friendship that has caught fire. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses."
68. "There is no limit to the power of loving."
69. "If I love you, I show you I love you every day. Little things, big things."
70. "You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."
-Rhett Butler, 'Gone With The Wind'.
71. "Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
-Franklin P. Jones.
72. "Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
73. "The water shines only by the sun. And it is you who are my sun."
-Charles de Leusse.
74. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."
-Joan Powers, 'Pooh's Little Instruction Book'.
75. "I love that you are my person and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together."
76. "Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within."
-James A. Baldwin.
77. "To be brave is to love someone unconditionally without expecting anything in return."
78. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there's a life after that, I'll love you then."
-Cassandra Clare .
79. "I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone."
-J.R.R. Tolkien, 'The Lord Of The Rings'.
Love Song Quotes
Many love quotes in songs highlight the trials and tribulations of relationships and depict its nuances. Or else, they highlight the beauty of love. If you're looking for a meaningful quote for lovers, pick a quotation on love that you like from this list. You will want to share these quotes when in love to show someone that you care, be it with a partner, friend or family member
80. "Tell me how to be in this world. Tell me how to breathe in and feel no hurt. Tell me how could I believe in something. I believe in us."
-James Bay, 'Us'.
81. "Cause all of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections."
-John Legend, 'All Of Me'.
82. "These fancy things will never come in between. You're part of my entity, here for infinity."
83. "I am thinking of you in my sleepless solitude tonight, if it’s wrong to love you then my heart just won’t let me be right."
-Mariah Carey, 'My All'.
84. "When the evening shadows and the stars appear. And there is no one there to dry your tears. Oh, I hold you for a million years. To make you feel my love."
-Adele, 'Make You Feel My Love'.
Hopeful Quotes When In Doubt
There are also love quotes for the skeptics. Every time you question the sincerity of love and find yourself feeling confused about it, let one of these lovable quotes for love remind you to be hopeful. Pick an in love quote that you like from this list of love quotes for those questioning the power of love.
85. "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
86. "To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything."
87. "So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you."
-Ryan Gosling, 'The Notebook'.
88. "Dig deep. And you will find that you are just you, and I am just me."
89. "Love possesses not nor will it be possessed, for love is sufficient unto love."
90. "Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop."
-H. L. Mencken, 'Heliogabalus'.
91. "Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
-William Goldman, 'The Princess Bride'.
92. "True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself."
-Honore de Balzac.
93. "To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life."
-Victor Hugo, 'Les Misérables'.
94. "Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit."
95. "Ah me! how sweet is love itself possess'd, When but love's shadows are so rich in joy!"
-Romeo, 'Romeo And Juliet' by William Shakespeare.
96. "The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is to love and be loved in return."
-Nat King Cole.
97. "Relationships are hard work but when the work is put in the love is unstoppable."
98. "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
99. "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home."
-Stephanie Perkins, 'Anna And The French Kiss'.
100. "Couples are wholes and not wholes, what agrees disagrees, the concordant is discordant. From all things one and from one all things."
101. "Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey."
102. "You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back."
-Barbara De Angelis.
103. "Love liberates. It doesn't bind."
104. "I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow."
105. "To good and true love fear is forever affixed."
106. "Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation."
107. "Behind every happy couple lies two people who have fought hard to overcome all obstacles and interferences to be that way. Why? Because it’s what they wanted."
108. "You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness."
109. "Love is an energy which exists of itself. It is its own value."
110. "Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it."
-Nicholas Sparks, 'A Walk To Remember'.
111. "The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it."
-Nicholas Sparks, 'At First Sight'.
112. "With the whole world crumbling, we pick this time to fall in love."
113. "The course of true love never did run smooth."
-William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'.
114. "Long-term relationships, the ones that matter, are all about weathering the peaks and the valleys."
-Nicholas Sparks, 'Safe Haven'.
115. "True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice."
116. "Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it."
-Karl A. Menninger.
117. "Life is a game and true love is a trophy."
118. "We love because it’s the only true adventure."
119. "True love stories never have endings."
120. "Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you like our suggestions for you and me quotes for star-crossed lovers and want to find more lovable quotes, then why not take a look at these "you are my world quotes", or "you make me happy quotes"?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.