Sunlight gives life and light to everything on this planet.
When the sun is hidden behind the clouds the world feels gray and lifeless. Our life can feel like that too when we are missing that special someone we love.
Some people walk into our lives and give life to all that’s dead and rejuvenate a new life in us. They shine bright like sunlight into our gloomy days and make us feel happy to be alive. Every day spent with that person is warm and exciting. Their love reflects in everything they do and makes us feel complete and cheerful.
Turn that frown upside down with these great quotes and sayings on sunshine!
1. “A meal without wine is like a day without sunshine, except that on a day without sunshine you can still get drunk.”
― Lee Entrekin.
2. “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson.
3. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
4. “But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine.”
― Thomas Jefferson.
5. “Can you see the sun?
Have you ever felt the sunshine?
Is the sunshine warm?
Does the wind blow
when the sun shines?
Do you like to be out when the sun shines?
What is sunshine good for?”
― John Gilbert Thompson.
6. “Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy, sunshine in my eyes can make me cry / Sunshine on the water looks so lovely, sunshine almost always makes me high.”
― John Denver, 'Sunshine On My Shoulders'.
7. “Smile will bring a sunshine day
Everybody do what you're doing
Smile will bring a sunshine day.”
― Sol Amarfio, 'Sunshine Day'.
8. “Sunshine cannot bleach the snow, Nor time unmake what poets know.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson.
9. “May sunshine surround you each new day. And may smiles and love never be far away.”
― Catherine Pulsifer.
10. “For a dark street, sunshine is most welcome; for a wounded soul, love is most welcome!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan.
12. “And I am in love with light. Lock me in the sunshine.”
— Nikki Gemmell, ‘Why You Are Australian: A Letter to My Children’.
13. “I know it is wet and the sun is not sunny, but we can have lots of good fun that is funny.”
— Dr. Seuss, ‘The Cat In The Hat’.
Inspirational Quotes About Sunshine
Inspirational quotes that you can use in every day to day life to inspire and motivate yourself!
14. “For every day that there is sunshine, there will be days of rain, it’s how we dance within them both that shows our love and pain.”
― Joey Tolbert.
15. “When you possess light within, you see it externally.”
― Anas Nin.
16 “Just living is not enough... one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”
― Hans Christian Andersen.
17. “Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations.”
― Louisa May Alcott.
18. “He that will enjoy the brightness of sunshine, must quit the coolness of the shade.”
― Samuel Johnson.
19. “Live your life now so that whatever you do gives some sunshine before you head into the winter of your life.”
― Stephen Richards.
20. “Don’t confuse your path with your destination, just because it’s stormy now, doesn’t mean you aren’t headed for sunshine, just because it’s stormy now, doesn’t mean you aren’t headed for sunshine.”
Positive Sunshine Quotes
We can always make time for a new sunrise and the opportunities that come with it. Here are some of the best sun is shining quotes and short sun quotes to motivate yourself!
21. “The way to happiness: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. Try this for a week and you will be surprised.”
— Norman Vincent Peale, ‘The Power Of Positive Thinking’.
22. “Shadows of doubt will always fall behind you when you keep your face towards the sunshine. Believe in God; face the brighter light and cast behind the dark shadows!”
― Israelmore Ayivor, ‘Leaders’ Watchwords’.
23. “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson.
24. “If you see the sunshine, feel the sunshine then you feel good. But if your focus is only on the clouds and the dark sky then you may find yourself a bit gloomy.”
― Catherine Pulsifer.
25. “To say goodbye, is to die a little. To say good morning, is a hope for a new sunshine in a cloudy winter.”
― Nabil Toussi.
26. “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.”
― Mario Fernandez.
27. “The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!”
— Alexander Pope, ‘Eloisa To Abelard’.
28. “God is like the sun. When the sun shines, it shines for everyone. God is for everyone.”
― Ziggy Marley.
29. “Darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.”
― J.R.R Tolkein.
30. “Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
― Victor Hugo.
Cute Sun Quotes
Cute and funny sun quotes to bring a smile to your face! You could use some of these as 'you are my sunshine' quotes.
31. “It is eternity now. I am in the midst of it. It is about me and the sunshine.”
― Richard Jefferies.
32. “The sun taught me how to love, by shining on everybody.”
― Michael Bassey Johnson, ‘Song Of A Nature Lover’.
33. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
― Anthony J. D’Angelo.
34. “When my heart is heavy, the sun helps make it light.”
― Terri Guillemets.
35. “I believe in sunshine, fresh air, friendship, calm sleep, beautiful thoughts.”
— Elbert Hubbard.
Happy Sunshine Quotes
Recharge yourself with positivity and energy with these great quotes!
36. “Around us, life bursts with miracles--a glass of water, a ray of sunshine, a leaf, a caterpillar, a flower, laughter, raindrops.”
― Thich Nhat Hahn.
37. “None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth you're carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There's no time for anything else.”
— Nanea Hoffman.
38. “I've got the sunshine in my hands
You've got the sunshine in your hands
We've got the sunshine in our hands
Now let it shine all over this land.”
― Wes Farrel, 'Sunshine'.
39. “To be happy you must be your own sunshine.”
― C.E. Jerningham.
40. “Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.”
— John Ruskin.
Some of the best quotes and sayings about sunshine that are incredibly true!
41. “We never grow without the sunshine of warmth, positive thoughts, guidance from those who care and help us to meet challenges head on, from the rain that must fall so we know how to deal with adversity and failure, and from learning to give back just as much as we receive.”
― Byron Pulsifer.
42. “Sunshine is a welcome thing. It brings a lot of brightness.”
― Jimmie Davis.
43. “Change, like sunshine, can be a friend or a foe, a blessing or a curse, a dawn or a dusk.”
― William Arthur Ward.
44. “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
— Steve Martin.
45. “Without stormy days, we forget to value sunny skies.”
― Cathy Burnham Martin.
Ray Of Sunshine Quotes
Great rays of sunshine quotes to share with people who bring joy and happiness to your life!
46. “Oh, Sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on Earth.”
― Roman Payne.
47. “Some people are so much sunshine to the square inch.”
― Walt Whitman.
48. “Your thoughts are your message to the world. Just as the rays are the messages of the sun.”
― Amit Ray.
49. “Danger gleams like sunshine to a brave man’s eyes.”
50. “What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.”
― Joseph Addison.
Sunshine And Happiness Quotes
Most beautiful quotes on how happiness and sunshine go hand in hand!
51. “The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.”
— George Cooper.
52. “Laughter is sunshine, it chases winter from the human face.”
— Victor Hugo, ‘Les Misérables’.
53. “But once in a while, you pick the right thing, the exact best thing. Every day, the moment you open your eyes and pull off your blankets, that’s what you hope for. The sunshine on your face, warm enough to make your heart sing.”
― Sarah Ockler.
54. “This is life, and I will not lie by saying every day will be sunshine. But there will be sunshine again, and that is a very different thing to say. That is truth.”
— Brandon Sanderson, ‘Rhythm of War’.
55. “Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind each prayer accepted and each wish resigned.”
― Alexander Pope.
Beautiful Sunshine Quotes
Some of the best quotes admiring the beauty of great sunshine after the dark night.
56. “The spring sunshine sifted through the young green leaves. Gay trills of song were everywhere. There were little hollows where you felt as if you were bathing in a pool of liquid gold.”
— L.M. Montgomery, ‘Anne of Ingleside’.
57. “The sun is such a lonely star. Whenever he comes out to see his friends, they all disappear.”
― Joseph Gordon Levitt.
58. “Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.”
― Helen Keller.
59. “It takes sunshine and rain to make a rainbow. There would be no rainbows without sunshine and rain.”
— Roy T. Bennett, ‘The Light in the Heart’.
60. “The art of art, the glory of expression and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity.”
— Walt Whitman.
61. “The sun shines not on us but in us. The rivers flow not past, but through us. Thrilling, tingling, vibrating every fiber and cell of the substance of our bodies, making them glide and sing.”
— John Muir.
Spreading Sunshine Quotes
Be the sunshine and spread positivity with these great quotes for someone who's down and sad. These quotes are truly beautiful.
62. “Compliment people wherever you go. Praise every single thing you see. Be a ray of sunshine to everyone you meet.”
― Rhonda Byrne.
63. “Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows.”
― Robert Green Ingersoll.
64. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.”
― Mary Anne Radmacher.
65. “Get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world.”
― Lawrence G. Lovasik.
66. “Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.”
― H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
67. “Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.”
― James M. Barrie.
Love And Sunshine Quotes
Some of the most romantic quotes about love and sunshine that will help you express your feelings of life and happiness.
68. “I love your courage, I love your independence, I love your determination, and I want it for my own.”
— Grace Burrowes, ‘Lady Maggie's Secret Scandal’.
69. “Only when your eye, heart and soul shine brighter than the sun, you realize how ordinary it is to love the beautiful, and how beautiful it is to love the ordinary.”
— Marius Vieth.
70. “I loved the moon, the silver night, and he loved the sunshine, fierce and hot, and she loved me because the sun must love the day.”
— Amy Lane, ‘Wounded’.
71. “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.”
― Max Muller.
72. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.”
― Oscar Wilde.
73. “To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.”
― David Viscott.
74. “Love, whether newly born or aroused from a deathlike slumber, must always create sunshine, filling the heart so full of radiance, this it overflows upon the outward world.”
― Nathaniel Hawthorne.
75. “Love is the only cause of happiness. Its nature is all-pervasive like space. Love is the sunlight of the mind.”
― Garchen Rinpoche.
You Are My Light Quotes
Be someone's sunshine and a ray of hope with these great quotes about lighting up someone's world with your much-needed presence!
76. “In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.”
― Aaron Rose.
77. “Light is to darkness what love is to fear; in the presence of one the other disappears.”
― Marianne Williamson.
78. “Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.”
― Kahlil Gibran.
79. “I feel like nothing more is due, you bring sunshine and light.”
― Kate Summers, ‘All I Had To Say’.
80. “Our love shines in my heart as the sun that shines upon the earth.”
― Eleanor Di Guillo.
81. “May the light of the morning sun shine upon you. May the deepest and sweetest love always find you.”
― Debasish Mridha.
82. “And I am in love with light. Lock me in the sunshine.”
― Nikki Gemmell.
Cute Sunshine Quotes
Here are some of the best cute morning sunshine quotes and funny sunshine quotes for you to enjoy!
83. “Ah, love, - you are my unutterable blessing.....I am in full sunshine now.”
― Robert Browning.
84. “Memories were like sunshine. They warmed you up and left a pleasant glow, but you couldn't hold them.”
— Clare Vanderpool, ‘Moon Over Manifest’.
85. “Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine to the mind.”
― Luther Burbank.
86. “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.”
— Maud Hart Lovelace.
87. “Through sunshine and through moonshine, I wrote.
What I wrote it is unnecessary to say.”
— Edgar Allan Poe.
You Are My Sunshine Quotes For Her
Express your love and impress her with these great sunshine love quotes and short sunny quotes for her!
88. “It's that heart of gold, and stardust shine that makes you beautiful.”
― R.M. Broderick.
89. “Her angel's face, As the great eye of heaven shined bright, And made a sunshine in the shady place.”
― Edmund Spenser.
90. “Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, It's not warm when she's away, Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, And she's always gone too long, Anytime she goes away.”
― Bill Withers, ‘Ain't No Sunshine’.
91. “While she was light and sunshine, he was nothing but clouds and darkness.”
— Victoria Michaels, ‘Trust In Advertising’.
92. “Love you all the time, cause when I close my eyes, I still can see your smile. it’s bright enough to light my life.”
― Gloria Estefan, ‘I See Your Smile’.
93. “You give others permission to do the same: to love themselves. Revel in self-love. Roll in it. Bask in it, as you would the sunshine.”
— Melodie Beattie.
94. “She seemed a compound of the autumn leaves and the winter sunshine …”
— Virginia Woolf, ‘Night And Day’.
95. “When thou smilest, my beloved,
Then my troubled heart is brightened,
As in sunshine gleam the ripples
That the cold wind makes in rivers.”
— Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, ‘The Song Of Hiawatha’.
You Are My Sunshine Quotes For Him
Some of the best sunshine phrases and sunshine love quotes that you send him to show your appreciation. Nothing says I love you better than these 'you are my sunshine' quotes for him.
96. “You are the only warmth in my heart. The only sunshine my winter has ever known.”
— Sherrilyn Kenyon, ‘Night Embrace’.
97. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.”
— Maya Angelou.
98. “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray.”
― Johnny Cash, ‘You Are My Sunshine’.
99.“He was sunshine most always-I mean he made it seem like good weather.”
— Mark Twain, ‘The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn’.
100. “I just want you to know, I love the way you look at me. Makes me feel like everything's gonna be okay.”
― Luke Taylor, ‘The Quiet Kill’.
101. “Love is stupid. So I don’t care if it’s love. You’re the best part of every damn day. You’re sunshine, and laughter, and the oxygen in my lungs.”
— Jewel E. Ann, ‘When Life Happened’.
102. “Do you know how much I love sunshine? It's like even when I get hurt by the sunburn, I would still be okay to walk outside without any sunscreen. And you are my sunshine!”
— Rahma Sinta.
103. “When I am with you my world is so bright, I feel like nothing more is due, you bring sunshine and light.”
― Kate Summers.
Sunshine After The Rain Quote
These great quotes and sayings about sunshine after the rain will help you find new hopes after a rough period.
104. “Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.”
― William Shakespeare.
105. “We need the storms, the overcast days to help us appreciate the sunny days. If it was sunny every day then we would start taking it for granted.”
― Catherine Pulsifer, ‘How Long Does A Storm Last’.
106. “Even when it’s raining, the sunshine is still there.”
― Clare Josa.
107. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.”
― Morris West.
108. “I've got life, I've got love, I've got faith and that's enough. We feel sorrow we feel pain, but there's sunshine after rain.”
― Jake Miller.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for you are my sunshine quotes then why not take a look at you are my world quotes, and young love quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.