Respecting oneself and respecting others are important virtues that everyone should possess in life.
In this day and age, we know that it is important to acknowledge and appreciate the people who have stood by us. Phrases like “you are important to me” and “your presence matters a lot in my life” are not just words but they carry a lot of emotions.
Self worth or self esteem is the realization of one’s own potential and value. Self worth as defined by Merriam-Webster as, “a feeling that you are a good person who deserves to be treated with respect in life”. Sometimes we fail to see our own worth or even see the value of people around us. We want everyone to let go of these insecurities and believe in themselves. It is important to tell someone that they are worthy in life so they never forget and simple gestures can mean a lot to tell someone that they are valued and important. You could say, “thank you”, make eye contact while talking, listen with interest, or you could wish someone “good morning”. You could also give small gifts or a handwritten note as a token of appreciation, or send a message with a “you are worth it” quote at the right time to help them feel worthy.
In this article we have explored a myriad of “you are worth it quotes”. There are also some lovely and beautiful quotes on how to love yourself, quotes on self esteem, quotes on self love, "you are worth it" quotes for her, "you are strong" quotes, loving yourself quote, quotes to love yourself, quotes about self worthiness, being you quote ideas, to be yourself quotes, self worth quote ideas, quotes about knowing your worth, and more. So, what are you waiting for? Get soaked up in these beautiful quotes and enjoy knowing your worth in time. For more, check out the best "you are amazing" quotes and "you are awesome" quotes here.
A true friend is like a precious gift. Why not raise a toast to the crazy friend, the lazy friend, the oh-so intellectual friend, the over concerning friend and the quiet friend too? Read through the best quotes below and know all about healthy friendship. This list includes great quotes about friends and great quotes to share with your friends.
1. “If you know that you came through when people are counting on you, you’ll be able to face anything.”
- Dick Best, 'Midway'.
2.“Your self- worth is determined by you..”
- Beyonce Knowles.
3. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.”
- Jean Shinoda Bolen.
4."Friends are the family you choose."
-Jess C. Scott.
5."The language of friendship is not words but meanings."
-Henry David Thoreau.
6."Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together."
7. "We are who we choose to be."
– Green Goblin, 'Spider-Man'.
8. "You've always had the power, my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself."
9. “I have insecurities of course but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.”
10. “Come and find me when you decide to like yourself.”
- Jim Hutton, 'Bohemian Rhapsody'.
11. “No one is you and that is your superpower.”
12.“You are magic. Don’t ever apologize for the fire in you.”
13. "Love yourself."
- Steve Maraboli.
14. "You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company."
- Diane von Furstenberg.
15. “My friends, you bow to no one.”
—Aragorn, 'Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King'.
16.“Embrace the glorious mess you are.”
17.“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”
- Dr. Seuss.
18. "So then, the relationship of self to other is the complete realization that loving yourself is impossible without loving everything defined as other than yourself."
- Alan Watts.
19. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.”
– Leo Buscaglia.
20.“Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness, they don’t need the approval of others.”
― Roy T. Bennett.
21. “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.”
– Zig Ziglar.
22.“Know your worth, hold your own power, be you.”
– Morgan Harper Nichols.
23.“Always be yourself and have faith in yourself.”
24. "It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit."
- Eartha Kitt.
25. “With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world.”
– Dalai Lama.
26.“Know your worth. People always act like they’re doing more for you than you’re doing for them.”
– Kanye West.
27. "No other love no matter how genuine it is, can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional self-love."
- Edmond Mbiaka.
28. “We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves.”
– Marie Curie.
29. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt.
30. “Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.”
– Norman Vincent Peale.
31. “If you want to improve your self-worth, stop giving other people the calculator.”
– Tim Fargo.
32. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
33. “We are what we believe we are.”
– C.S. Lewis.
34. "If you have the ability to love, love yourself first."
- Charles Bukowski.
35. "We can’t be so desperate for love that we forget where we can always find it; within."
36. "One of the best guides to how to be self-loving is to give ourselves the love we are often dreaming about receiving from others."
- Bell Hooks.
37. “True friends are like diamonds - bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.”
— Nicole Richie.
38. “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.”
— Thomas Aquinas.
39. "When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy."
- Kim McMillen.
40. "Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends."
41. “The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Family Quotes You Will Want To Share
Life is all about making your family members feel that they are important and they matter to you, even if you don’t say it often. Why not give out one of these quotes to make your family feel worthy?
42. "You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept."
- Ann Taylor.
43. “My mother used to tell me that when push comes to shove, you always know who to turn to. That being a family isn't a social construct but an instinct.”
- Jodi Picoult.
44. “Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst.”
- Marjorie Pay Hinckley.
45. “So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.”
- Haniel Long.
46. “It is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human, are created, strengthened and maintained.”
- Winston S. Churchill.
47. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.
— Nicholas Sparks, 'The Notebook'.
48.“Families are the compass that guides us.”
- Brad Henry.
49. “Family is a life jacket in the stormy sea of life.”
- J.K. Rowling.
50.“Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.”
- Anthony Brandt.
51. “Family is not an important thing. It's everything.”
- Michael J. Fox.
52. "Live your life with love as your guiding principle - keep your family and close friends close."
- Barbara Bush.
53. "Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful."
54. "My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me."
Positive Mantra Quotes
For us to realize that we deserve the absolute best we need to understand the truth of how worthy we are. Never let anyone else treat you any less than what you are think you are worth. Surround yourself with people who respect you, love and encourage you and truly see your self worth. One of these inspiring quotes about life might help you to see how wonderful you are and how much you have to give to this world.
55. "Self love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full."
- Beau Taplin.
56. "Anger, resentment and jealousy doesn’t change the heart of others - it only changes yours."
- Shannon Alder.
57. “When you know your worth, you move different.”
58. "We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light."
- Mary Dunbar.
59. "No one’s perfect, yet in romance, everyone becomes worth it."
60. "The only person who can pull me down is myself"
- Joybell C.
61. “It's worth to know self worth.”
62. “Be worthy love, and love will come.”
-Louisa May Alcott, 'Little Women'.
63. "Self worth is so vital to your happiness if you don’t feel good about you, it’s hard to feel good about anything else."
- Sandy Hale.
64. “Self love, self respect, self worth…there is a reason they all start with ‘self’. You cannot find them in anyone else.”
65. "Convince yourself everyday that you are worthy of a good life."
66. “Why settle for a lesser vision? When you are destined for greatness!”
― Lailah Gifty Akita.
67. "Your crown has been bought and paid for. Put it on your head and wear it."
68. “When you please others in hopes of being accepted, you lose your self worth in the process.”
– Dave Pelzer.
69. “Your problem is you are too busy holding onto your unworthiness.”
– Ram Dass.
70. “What we know matters but who we are matters more.”
71. “Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.”
-Peter T. Mcintyre.
72. "You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are."
- Yogi Bhajan.
73. "Unfold your own myth."
74. "Always be yourself and have faith in yourself."
- Bruce Lee.
75. “When teachers doubt your potential, show them how wrong they truly are.”
― Ace Antonio Hall.
76. "To double your net worth, double your self worth."
77. "Trust me when I say I’m not afraid to eat alone."
78. "Never bend your head. Always hold it high."
79. “A person's worth is measured by the worth of what he values.”
― Marcus Aurelius, 'Meditations'.
80. “Know who you are, don’t settle for less.”
- Tony Gaskins.
81. “You are worth finding. Worth knowing, worth loving.”
82. “I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die.”
- Serena Williams
83. “You are beautiful, you are worth it and you are irreplaceable.”
84. “The moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away.”
85. "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
86. “Convince yourself every day that you are worthy of a good life.”
― Germany Kent.
87. “Self worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.”
– Wayne Dyer.
88. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.”
—John Keating, 'Dead Poets Society'.
89. “Just do what works for you, because there will always be somebody who thinks differently.”
- Michelle Obama.
90. "Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn't worked."
-Louise L. Hay.
91. "Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
92. "You're always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company."
-Diane Von Furstenberg.
93. "The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off."
94. "One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered."
-Michael J. Fox.
95. “Sometimes it’s the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine.”
- Christopher Morcom, 'The Imitation Game'.
96. “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.”
—Patrick Verona, '10 Things I Hate About You'.
97. “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?”
98. “It’s not who you are underneath, it’s what you do that defines you.”
—Rachel, 'Batman Begins'.
99. “It is interesting how often we can’t see all the ways in which we are being strong.”
- Lena Dunham.
100. “Your dignity’s inside you.”
- Coach Don Haskins, 'Glory Road'.
101. "I just don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying - this is who I am and look at me not being perfect!"
- Kate Winslet.
102. "You got a dream, you gotta protect it. If you want something, go get it."
- Chris Gardner, 'The Pursuit of Happyness'.
103. "Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward."
- Roy T. Bennett.
104. “She understood her worth which made her powerful.”
105. “Know your worth. Then add tax.”
106. “Know your worth, hold your own power, be you.”
– Morgan Harper Nichols.
107. “You need to love yourself. Love yourself so much to the point that your energy and aura rejects anyone who doesn’t know your worth.”
108.“He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred neither understand you nor know your true worth.”
109. "The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely."
- C.G. Jung.
110. "You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours."
– White Queen, 'Alice In Wonderland'.
111. "Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect."
112."If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet - how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person."
- Fred Rogers, ‘Mr. Rogers’.
113."What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
114. "A healthy self love means we have no compulsion to justify to ourselves or others the following. Why we take vacations, why we sleep late, why we buy new shoes, why we spoil ourselves from time to time. We feel comfortable doing things which add quality and beauty to life."
- Andrew Matthews.
115. "People may flatter themselves just as much by thinking that their faults are always present to other people's minds. As if they believe that the world is always contemplating their individual charms and virtues."
- Elizabeth Gaskell.
116. “Know your worth, hold your own power, be you.”
-Morgan Harper Nichols.
117. “Know your worth. People always act like they’re doing more for you than you’re doing for them.”
118. "Be faithful to that which exists within yourself."
119. "When you’re different, sometimes you don’t see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn’t."
- Jodi Picoult.
120. "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."
121. "Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss."
– Benjamin Button, 'The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button'.
122. "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."
- C.G. Jung.
123. “Why do we fall, Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.”
- Thomas Wayne, 'Batman Begins'.
124. “I have to believe that when things are bad I can change them.”
- Jim Braddock, 'Cinderella Man'.
125. "You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right here."
- Venus Williams.
126. "Great men are not born great, they grow great."
– Mario Puzo, 'The Godfather'.
127. "I think the reward for conformity is that everyone likes you except yourself."
- Rita Mae Brown.
128. "You push everything as far as you can. You push and you push and you push until it starts pushing back. And then you push some goddamn more."
- Walter Abrams, 'Two For The Money'.
129. "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
130. "Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it."
- M. Scott Peck.
131."Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life - define yourself."
- Harvey Fierstein.
132. "Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are."
- Malcolm S. Forbes.
133. "Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
- Howard Thurman.
134. "It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done."
- Rocky, 'Rocky Balboa'.
135. "Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home."
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
136."You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
137. "Self care is never a selfish act -it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others."
- Parker Palmer.
138. "Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?"
- Brigham Young.
139."Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world."
- Lucille Ball.
Powerful Quotes For Self Esteem
It is important to love and value oneself in life. These quotes on self esteem are motivational and inspirational and will uplift your own self esteem. Read through these lovely quotes for yourself from renowned personalities like Ayn Rand and Sharon Salzberg and get inspired.
140. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity. It’s sanity.”
- Katrina Mayer.
141. “I must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very life depends upon self love and self respect.”
- Maya Angelou.
142. “It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.”
- Diane Von Furstenberg
143. "Self love is a good thing but self awareness is more important."
- Louis C.K.
144. “You are enough just as you are.”
– Meghan Markle.
145. “If everybody were like everybody else, how boring it would be. The things that make me different are the things that make me, me!”
- A. A. Milne, 'Winnie The Pooh'.
146. "The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off."
- Robert Hand.
147. “To establish true self esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.”
- Denis Waitley.
148. “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
- Ayn Rand, ‘The Virtue Of Selfishness: A New Concept Of Egoism’.
149. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now, if you love, you live now.”
– Alan Cohen.
150.“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.”
– Sir Edmund Hillary.
151. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”
– Oscar Wilde.
152. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.”
– Oprah Winfrey.
153.“Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal - nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.”
– Thomas Jefferson.
154. “We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.”
– Marie Curie.
155. “Never bend your head. Hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.”
– Helen Keller.
156. “Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think.”
– T. Harv Eker.
157. “At the core of your heart, you are perfect and pure. No one and nothing can alter that.”
- Amit Ray.
Funny Friendship Quotes That Make You Feel Good About Yourself
These sassy quotes on friendship will remind you of the friends who make you laugh the most.
158. “We’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.”
—Andrew, 'The Breakfast Club'.
159. “No man is a failure who has friends.”
—Clarence, 'It’s A Wonderful Life'.
160. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
161. “Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great.”
– Mark Twain.
162. “It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else’s eyes.”
- Sally Field.
163. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod - my shadow does that much better.”
164. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent."
– Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
165. “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!”
– Dr Seuss.
Quotes About Self Love
It is not a selfish act to love yourself and value yourself. These self love quotes and loving yourself quotes are highly inspirational and are all about inner self reflection. Why not browse through these quotes on self worth and get charged up, feel positive about who you are and what you have achieved?
166. “This life is mine alone. So I have stopped asking people for directions to places they've never been."
– Glennon Doyle.
167. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”
– Oprah Winfrey.
168. "Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves."
– Diana Princess of Wales.
169. "When you make a mistake, respond to yourself in a loving way rather than a self-shaming way."
– Ellie Holcomb.
170. “Low self esteem is like driving through life with your handbrake on.”
– Maxwell Maltz.
171.“We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?”
– Meghan Markle.
172. “The moment you accept yourself, you become beautiful.”
173. "Value yourself. You are worth more than you think.”
174. “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.”
– Mark Twain.
175. “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
– Harvey Fierstein.
176. “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.”
177. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
178. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.”
- Wayne Dyer.
179. “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?”
– Brigham Young.
180. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.”
– Robert Morley.
181. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.”
– Tina Fey.
182. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.”
- Brené Brown.
To Be Yourself Quote Ideas
These quotes are all about celebrating you and rejoicing the person you are. So read through these awe inspiring and highly positive quotes on loving yourself and see if you can embrace the truth and beauty of the uniqueness in you.
183. “We must fall in love with ourselves. I don’t like myself. I’m crazy about myself.”
- Mae West.
184. “Just be, and enjoy being.”
- Eckhart Tolle.
185. “The moment you know yourself you have known the most precious thing in existence.”
186. “Respect yourself, love yourself, because there has never been a person like you and there never will be again.”
187. “You start to live the moment you stop competing with others.”
188. “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.”
- Lao Tzu.
189. “Of all our infirmities, the most savage is to despise our being.”
- Michel de Montaigne.
190. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.”
– Maya Angelou.
191. “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.”
192. “To establish true self esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.”
– Denis Waitley.
193. “It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.”
– Diane Von Furstenberg.
194. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.”
– Sophia Loren.
195. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”
– Shannon L. Adler.
196. “Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.”
– Rob Liano.
197. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.”
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
198. “Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.”
- Dorothy M. Neddermeyer.
199. "Will it be easy? No. WIll it be worth it? Absolutely."
200. "You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served."
- Tene Edwards.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for "you are worth it" quotes to show someone they matter, then why not take a look at these "you matter" quotes or these "you are wonderful" quotes for more?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.