In life, we often need motivation from others to help us not just achieve our important goals but to simply live a happier life.
Without motivation, we cannot set goals, work persistently or achieve our targets. We constantly need someone to tell us that "you can do anything".
This is where our "you can do anything you set your mind to" quotes come into play. The best sayings in life are those that result in real inspiration. From real life quotes, to quotes from movies and TV shows, numerous people out there have said some super inspiring and motivational things that can be used as quotes about inspiration and motivating quotations. These positive quotes for motivation help us get fired up for life, set ambitious goals and achieve these goals with hard work and persistence. If you are looking for good "be what you are" quotes, inspirational positive quotes or motivational quotes, your search is finally over. Here are some of the best motivational quotes, life inspiration quotes, inspiration for the future quotes and inspirational motto quotes that can help you get motivated.
We hope that you can find a fresh burst of motivation or way to believe in yourself, for you or for others, with this list of the best motivational quotes. Who knows, they might even begin to change the way you think? For more, take a look at these "you are wonderful" quotes and "you matter" quotes , but for now, take five minutes to yourself and get inspired here!
Motivational Quotes From Movies And TV Shows
Movies and TV shows have numerous characters who have said some of the most beautiful and inspiring quotes. These inspiring quotes have stayed with people for a long time and have helped them gain confidence and live their own life better. If you are looking for such motivational quotes and positive quotes of inspiration, here are the best inspiring motivational quotes from movies and TV shows. Motivational quotes can make anyone feel better and make them feel dreams can come true. It is important to believe that dreams come true for you to be able to achieve anything. With these inspirational quotes, anyone will see life in a new light and will believe in their dreams.
1. “My Mama always said you've got to put the past behind you before you can move on.”
- Forrest Gump, ‘Forrest Gump’.
2. “Young man, sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.”
- Grandmother Willow, ‘Pocahontas’.
3. “Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”
- Andy Dufresne, ‘The Shawshank Redemption’.
4. “It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard… is what makes it great.”
- Jimmy Dugan, ‘A League Of Their Own’.
5. “Superman is indestructible, and you can't be brave if you're indestructible.”
- Grandpa, ‘Angus’.
6. “But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light.”
- Professor Albus Dumbledore, ‘Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban’.
7. “Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind... or forgotten.”
- Stitch, ‘Lilo & Stitch’.
8. “A wise man can learn more from his enemies than a fool from his friends.”
- Niki Lauda, ‘Rush’.
9. “But honor, that's the real reason you either do something or you don't. It's who you are and maybe who you want to be. If you die trying for something important, then you have both honor and courage, and that's pretty good.”
- Michael Oher, ‘The Blind Side’.
10. “We can’t retract the decisions we’ve made. We can only affect the decisions we’re going to make from here.”
- Nick Rice, ‘Law Abiding Citizen’.
11. “Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever.”
- Charles Xavier, ‘X Men: Days Of Future Past’.
12. “You'll have bad times, but it'll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren't paying attention to.”
- Sean, ‘Good Will Hunting’.
13. “We walk away from our dreams afraid we may fail, or worse yet, afraid we may succeed.”
- William Forrester, ‘Finding Forrester’.
14. “Doubt is useful, it keeps faith a living thing. After all, you cannot know the strength of your faith until it is tested.”
- Pi Patel, ‘Life Of Pi’.
15. “To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life.”
- Walter Mitty, ‘The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty’.
16. “Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear.”
- Maximus, ‘Gladiator’.
17. “You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.”
- Rocky, ‘Rocky Balboa’.
18. “When a defining moment comes along, you can do one of two things. Define the moment, or let the moment define you.”
- Roy McAvoy, ‘Tin Cup’.
19. “You can’t just give up! Is that what a dinosaur would do?”
- Joey Tribbiani, ‘Friends’.
20. “We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe.”
- T’Challa, ‘Black Panther’.
21. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
- Gandalf, ‘The Lord Of The Rings’.
22. “To find something, anything, a great truth or a lost pair of glasses, you must first believe there will be some advantage in finding it.”
- Jack Burden, ‘All The King’s Men’.
23. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.”
- Benjamin Button, ‘The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button’.
24. “Hey. Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. Not even me. All right?”
- Christopher Gardner, ‘The Pursuit Of Happyness’.
25. “After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.”
- Shrek, ‘Shrek’.
26. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.”
- William Wallace, ‘Braveheart’.
27. “Sometimes, it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine.”
- Christopher Morcom, ‘The Imitation Game’.
28. “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate.”
- Richard, ‘Eat, Pray, Love’.
29. “My mind rebels at stagnation! Give me problems, give me work!”
- Sherlock Holmes, ‘Sherlock Holmes’.
30. “You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours.”
- White Queen, ‘Alice In Wonderland’.
31. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there's life, there is hope.”
- Stephen Hawking, ‘The Theory Of Everything’.
32. “In this life, you don’t have to prove nothin’ to nobody but yourself. And after what you’ve gone through, if you haven’t done that by now, it ain’t gonna never happen. Now go on back.”
- Fortune, ‘Rudy’.
33. “Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.”
- Yoda, ‘Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back’.
34. “My momma always said, 'life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get'.”
- Forrest Gump, ‘Forrest Gump’.
35. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”
- The Emperor Of China, ‘Mulan’.
36. “Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It’s the moments that take your breath away.”
- Alex Hitchens, ‘Hitch’.
37. “I think some people are too scared, or something. I guess it's hard for people who are so used to things the way they are - even if they're bad - to change.”
- Trevor McKinney, ‘Pay It Forward’.
38. “When you decide to be something, you can be it.”
-Frank Costello, 'The Departed'.
39. “If we didn’t do what we loved, we wouldn’t exist.”
- Adonis, ‘Creed II’.
40. “It’s not about the paycheck; it’s about respect, it’s about looking in the mirror and knowing that you’ve done something valuable with your day”
- Dave Kovic, 'Dave'.
41. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.”
- Mario Puzo, ‘The Godfather’.
42. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.”
- Rafiki, ‘The Lion King’.
43. “Only love can save this world. So I stay. I fight, and I give... for the world I know can be.”
- Diana Prince, ‘Wonder Woman’.
44. “It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices.”
- Professor Albus Dumbledore, ‘Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets’.
45. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
- Ferris Bueller, ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’.
46. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.”
- Professor Albus Dumbledore, ‘Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone’.
47. “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.”
- Heath Ledger, ‘10 Things I Hate About You’.
48. “It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.”
- Tyler Durden, 'Fight Club'.
49. “Love cannot be found where it doesn’t exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does.”
- David Schwimmer, ‘Kissing A Fool’.
50. “At some point you’ve got to decide for yourself who you gonna be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.”
- Juan, ‘Moonlight’.
Motivational Quotes On Friendship
One always dreams of having a strong friendship with a good friend. Good friends stay with you through thick and thin and you must always stay motivated to do the same for them. If there’s anyone who needs some motivation in their friendships, these inspiring quotes about friendship, quotes on motivation, "it’s life" quotes and positive quotes that inspire are perfect for them. With these quotes you can learn how good and beautiful friendships can be. Here are the best inspirational wording positive quotes and inspirational quotes for motivation about friends. Some of these are from movies while others have been said by people in real life. You can look at these "it's life" quotes to inspire, positive quotes and quotes about friendship over time, to find a quote to motivate you to make you feel like a winner.
51. “Don’t over-analyze your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness.”
– Leo F. Buscaglia.
52. “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”
53. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.”
– Arnold H. Glasow.
54. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.”
55. “A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
- Walter Winchell.
56. “Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
- Maya Angelou
57. “If we treated ourselves as well as we treated our best friend, can you imagine?”
- Meghan Markle.
58. “Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great.”
59. “Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny.”
60. “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.”
– Thomas J. Watson.
61. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.”
62. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.”
- Amy Poehler.
63. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.”
- Alice Walker.
64. “Do not save your loving speeches for your friends till they are dead; do not write them on their tombstones, speak them rather now instead.”
- Anna Cummins.
65. “Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.”
- Oscar Wilde.
66. “Whenever you’re in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude.”
- William James.
67. “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.”’
68. “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.”
– Dale Carnegie.
69. “One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.”
Positive Mantra Quotes To Believe In
It is always a good idea to fill your life with beautiful inspired positive quotes. These motivational quotes and inspirational quotes help make your life that little bit happier allowing you to feel like you are at peace with yourself. For anyone who thinks they can’t reach their dreams, these motivational quotes can be a game changer for them. Believe that your life can change for the better by reading these amazing and beautiful motivational quotes that will change the way you think.
70. “It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it.”
71. “Nothing will work unless you do.”
- Maya Angelou.
72. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.”
- Albert Einstein.
73. “The big secret in life is that there is no secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you’re willing to work.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
74. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.”
- Amelia Earhart.
75. “Make each day your masterpiece.”
- John Wooden.
76. “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.”
- John D. Rockefeller Jr.
77. “Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers.”
78. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
– Mark Twain.
79. “When we close ourselves off, we're not just closing ourselves off to other people, we're closing ourselves off from ourselves and impeding ourselves. When you open up, you allow yourself to be who you are.”
- Amy Cuddy.
80. “The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.”
- Mother Teresa.
81. “Don’t spend time beating on a wall hoping to transform it into a door.”
- Coco Chanel.
82. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.”
- William W. Purkey.
83. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.”
- Winston Churchill.
84. “Difficulties in your life do not come to destroy you but to help you realise your hidden potential and power. Let difficulties know that you too are difficult.”
- Abdul Kalam.
85. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
- Helen Keller.
86. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. ”
- Nelson Mandela.
87. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, dream, discover.”
- Mark Twain.
88. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you.”
- Mary Kay Ash.
89. “Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
- Thomas Edison.
90. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
91. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. It's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.”
- Barack Obama.
92. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
93. “If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.”
- Jim Rohn.
94. “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.”
95. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.”
- Colin Powell.
96. “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.”
- Vince Lombardi.
97. “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”
- Steve Jobs.
98. “There is nothing more powerful in the world than the idea that came in time.”
- Victor Hugo.
99. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.”
- Bruce Lee.
100. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney.
101. “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”
- Tony Robbins.
102. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.”
103. “I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite.”
- G.K. Chesterton.
104. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.”
- Michele Ruiz.
105. “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.”
- Ray Goforth.
106. “I now tried a new hypothesis: it was possible that I was more in charge of my happiness than I was allowing myself to be.”
- Michelle Obama.
107. “You have powers you never dreamed of. You can do things you never thought you could do. There are no limitations in what you can do except the limitations of your own mind.”
- Darwin P. Kingsley.
108. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”
- Tim Notke.
109. “What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
110. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.”
- Herman Melville.
111. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.”
- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the most inspiring and motivational "you can do anything quotes", then why not take a look at our fantastic "you are worth it" quotes or "you are amazing" quotes for more ways to help others believe in themselves?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.