We often underestimate the power of giving in helping us make the world a better place.
Many believe that karma is a very real thing, meaning you receive what you give. How you act determines what chapter comes next in your book of life.
But we cannot receive until we give. We will not attract what we don’t give out. It might not always seem easy, and it is at times like these when we can all use a quote to motivate ourselves. So, we’ve collated a list of quotes on giving back with lots of "do what you can" quotes to inspire you.
You will find in this list lots of giving back quotes, quotes about gifts, quotes about doing your best, quotes about donating, try your best quotes, go for it quotes, what you give is what you get quotes, gift of life quotes and gift giving quotes - plenty of inspirational quotes for those days when you need a little boost!
When you send out positive vibes, you will receive positive vibes in return, and the world will be a better place for it. For more, make sure to check out these you only live once quotes and positive energy quotes.
Make It Happen Quotes
Are you looking for a "life is what you make it" quote to inspire you? People often say you should treat others how you want to be treated yourself. We need to make things happen for ourselves rather than wait for it to happen to us, and give what you want to receive. If you still need more inspiration, check out these quotes that will certainly make you think twice. Pick any quote about giving and receiving from this list to instantly get inspired.
1. “The love you send into the world, you will find, is the love that returns to you.”
- Avina Celeste.
2. “If you give a good thing to the world, then over time your karma will be good, and you’ll receive well.”
- Russell Simmons.
3. “I believe in karma. If the good is sown, the good is collected. When positive things are made, that returns well.”
- Yannick Noah.
4. “We don’t find love, love finds us. What you put out into the universe will find its way back to you.”
- Raneem Kayyali, ‘Life’s Greatest Mystery’.
5. “Life is an echo. What you send out, comes back. What you sow, you reap.”
- Zig Ziglar, ‘Better Than Good: Creating A Life You Can't Wait To Live’.
6. “The act of giving creates a multiplier effect, adding something to the life of those in need but also intrinsically rewarding the giver too, making him or her happier as well. Altruistic or not - the effect is positive.”
- Boris F.J. Collardi.
7. “You get what you give. What you put into things is what you get out of them.”
- Jennifer Lopez.
8. “You reap what you sow: Life is like a boomerang. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later, with astounding accuracy.”
- Grant M. Bright.
9. “If you don’t like what you are reaping, you had better change what you have been sowing.”
- Jim Rohn.
10. “The universe is based on fair exchange. What you give you will get.”
- Guruji Sri Sri Poonamji.
11. “Life is like a garden, you reap what you sow.”
Doing Your Best Quotes
The way others behave around you says nothing about you but a lot about them. Therefore we must always try to act with kindness and do the best we can. In order to receive the best, we must give out the best. Here are some quotes about trying your best that will certainly give you the motivation of the day just when you need it. Besides, we all love a do your best quote, right?
12. “We will reap what we sow. When you do good for other people, that’s when God is going to make sure that his abundant blessings overtake you.”
- Joel Osteen.
13. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
14. “We must give more in order to get more. It is the generous giving of ourselves that produces the generous harvest.”
- Orison Swett Marden.
15. “As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.”
- Joseph Murphy.
16. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burden of others.”
17. “Men are only as they give. He who gives great service, gets great returns.”
- Elbert Hubbard, ‘The Works Of Elbert Hubbard’.
18. “Giving freely and giving with a good heart, will never go unrewarded.”
- James Clear, ‘The Art Of Winning In Life’.
19. “Sow an act and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny.”
- Charles Read, ‘Notes And Queries (1903)’.
20. “In this earth, in this soil, in this pure field let’s not plant any seed other than seeds of love and compassion.”
- Rumi, ‘Seeds Of Compassion And Love’.
21. “Show a little faith in someone when they need it. It’s amazing how it comes back around to you.”
- Garon Whited.
22. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.”
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
As humans, we often need someone to show us the right path or to give us a little nudge in the right direction. At times like these, some good "you can do this" quotes or "keep going on" quotes can do the trick. So, here’s our take on the best inspirational quotes to keep going. We hope this list of "you can do it" quotes will help you find hope in an ever changing world.
23. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
- Winston S. Churchill.
24. “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.”
- Mary Anne Radmacher.
25. “The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.”
- Mahatma Gandhi.
26. “Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.”
- Albert Camus.
27. “Keep expecting and believing that your due season is coming. Declare that the good you have harvested in your life will manifest.”
- Germany Kent.
28. “The wise man does not lay up his own treasures. The more he gives to others, the more he has for his own.”
- Lao Tzu.
29. “They say, you can’t give a smile away; it always comes back. The same is true of a kind word or a conversation starter. What goes around, comes around.”
- Susan RoAne, ‘How To Work A Room’.
30. “There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.”
- Khalil Gibran.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the best "you get what you give" quotes and things to say, then why not take a look at these you got this quotes and these quotes to keep going?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.