In this article, we have taken some loving quotes from literary works, romantic movies and love songs to create a list of the ultimate quotes on love.
There are infinite ways to say “I love you”. There’s a loving quote for every kind of love and every lover.
When you want to tell someone you love them, you can't do it without actually meaning it. You'll want to choose a setting and time so perfect that the person is blown away. And, when you actually say the words make sure you are looking them in the eyes. When you truly love someone, it is natural to say that they have your heart. This means that person is a part of you and will always remain that way. They make you a better person every day.
Why not share a beautiful quote about love every day to make your time together even better? In this list, we have included "you will always have my heart" quotes, "you have the key to my heart" quotes, lovable quotes and many a quotation on love, quote for lovers, lovable quote or "with love" quote, as well as plenty of quotes about loving and "to be in love" quotes. For more quotes when in love, check out our "you are amazing" quotes and "you make me happy" quotes.
Sometimes its difficult to express your true love through the right words. You might gift a bouquet of roses or a box of chocolates, but it is words which can create the magic. We have found the most romantic love quotations just for you. Pick a love quote you like to tell your special someone at the right time.
1. “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another.”
- Thomas Merton.
2. "Life is the flower for which love is the honey."
3. “We are most alive when we're in love.”
- John Updike.
4. “If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.”
- Diana, Princess of Wales.
5. "The only reward for love is the experience of loving."
-John le Carré
6. “Love grows more tremendously full, swift, poignant as the years multiply.”
7. "I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more."
8. "Immature love says, ‘I love you because I need you’. Mature love says, ‘I need you because I love you.’"
9. “Love is like the wind, you can't see it, but you can feel it.”
- Nicholas Sparks, 'A Walk To Remember'.
10. "Where there is love there is life."
11. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
- Lao Tzu.
12. "I’m a winner because I always bet on you."
13. “Love is not love until love’s vulnerable.”
– Theodore Roethke.
14. "I love you begins by I, but it ends up by you."
-Charles de Leusse.
15.“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
16. "Love is a game that two can play and both win."
17. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
- A.A. Milne, 'Winnie The Pooh'.
18.“You can't blame gravity for falling in love.”
- Albert Einstein.
19.“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk through my garden forever.”
- Alfred Tennyson.
20. “Love is friendship that has caught fire.”
- Ann Landers.
21.“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
- Dr. Seuss.
22. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.”
23. “Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever.”
- Audre Lorde.
24. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
- Audrey Hepburn.
25. “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.”
- Barbara De Angelis.
26. “They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything.”
- Bil Keane.
27.“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
- Helen Keller.
28. “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.”
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
29. “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.”
- George Sand.
30. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.”
- Judy Garland.
31.“Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”
- Franklin P. Jones.
You Have My Heart Quotes
If you are looking for quotations about love, then search no more. These love quotes will let your soulmate and lover know how much you love him or her. Express your true love through a lovely quotation for love that you like from this list.
32. “You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.”
- Arthur Conan Doyle.
33. "There is nothing I can do that won’t bring me back to you."
34. "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."
35. "The water shines only by the sun. And it is you who are my sun."
-Charles de Leusse.
36. “I know of only one duty, and that is to love.”
- Albert Camus.
37. “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally without expecting anything in return.”
38. “Loving is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.”
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
39. "I love that you are my person and I am yours, that whatever door we come to, we will open it together."
40. "If I love you, I show you I love you every day. Little things, big things."
41. "True love stories never have endings."
42. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”
- Robert A. Heinlein.
43. “The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and a richness to life that nothing else can bring.”
- Oscar Wilde.
44. “If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded.”
- Maya Angelou.
45. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.”
- Hermann Hesse.
Movie Love Quotes
These beautiful lines from romantic movies can inspire romantic feelings in our lives. That’s why movies often have the best quotations on love. Why not express your true love and your sincere feelings through these romantic movie lines? You'll love this quote list every day, every time.
46. "It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together."
- Sam Baldwin, ‘Sleepless In Seattle’.
47. "I love you. I knew it the minute I met you. I'm sorry it took so long for me to catch up."
- Pat, ‘Silver Linings Playbook’.
48. "You are pretty much the only thing that makes me want to get up in the morning."
- Will Trainor, 'Me Before You’.
49. "It's like, in that moment the whole universe existed just to bring us together."
- Jonathan Trager, ‘Serendipity’.
50. "I will love you my whole life. You and no other."
- William, ‘Braveheart’.
51. "Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever... and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."
- William Parrish, ‘Meet Joe Black’.
52. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.”
- Christian, ‘Moulin Rouge’.
53. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”
- Harry Burns, ‘When Harry Met Sally’.
54. “To me, you are perfect.”
- Mark, ‘Love Actually’.
55. “I wanted it to be you, I wanted it to be you so badly.”
- Meg Ryan, ‘You’ve Got Mail’.
56. “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.”
- Sean, 'Good Will Hunting'.
57. “You make me want to be a better man.”
- Alan, ‘As Good As It Gets’.
58. “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.”
- Leo, ‘The Vow’.
59. “It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”
- Augustus, ‘The Fault In Our Stars’.
60. “You have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love… I love… I love you.”
- Mr. Darcy, ‘Pride & Prejudice’.
61. “They say when you meet the love of your life, time stops, and that’s true.”
- Senior Ed Bloom, ‘Big Fish’.
62. “In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you.”
- Mac MacGuff, ‘Juno’.
63. “Choose me. Marry me. Let me make you happy.”
- Julianne Potter, ‘My Best Friend’s Wedding’.
64. “Everything I have ever done, I’ve done for you.”
- Daisy, ‘Great Expectations’.
65. “I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person.”
- Henry, ‘50 First Dates’.
66. “I wish I had done everything on earth with you.”
- Daisy, ‘The Great Gatsby’.
67. “Don’t say we aren’t right for each other, the way I see it is. We aren’t right for anyone else. “
– Doug Dorsey, ‘The Cutting Edge’.
68. “I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.”
– Frances 'Baby' Houseman, ‘Dirty Dancing’.
69. “I promise I’ll come back for you. I promise I’ll never leave you.”
– Almásy, ‘The English Patient’.
70. “She is so beautiful, I can see it.”
– Stephen Chbosky, ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’.
71. “You meet thousands of people and none of them really touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed. Forever.”
– Jamie Randall, ‘Love & Other Drugs’.
72. “What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.”
– George Bailey, ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’.
73. “It seems right now that all I’ve ever done in my life is making my way here to you.”
– Robert, ‘The Bridges Of Madison County’.
74. “Maybe it’ll be enough, if you know that in the few hours we had together, we loved a lifetime’s worth.”
– Sarah Connor, ‘Terminator’.
Song Lyric Quotes About Love
Have you ever found a quote about love in your favorite song? Song lyrics about hope and love often touch the soul and make every song extra special. Below are some song lyrics from the most romantic songs. These songs will remain forever popular because of their heartfelt lyrics.
75. "Baby, you're all that I want when you're lying here in my arms, I'm finding it hard to believe we're in heaven."
- Bryan Adams, ‘Heaven’.
76. "And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70. And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23."
- Ed Sheeran, ‘Thinking Out Loud’.
77. "And when you smile, the whole world stops and stares for a while. Cause you're amazing, just the way you are."
- Bruno Mars, ‘Just The Way You Are’.
78. "I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world."
- Elton John, ‘Your Song’.
79. "Cause all of me loves all of you. Love your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections."
-John Legend, ‘All Of Me’.
80. "And I can’t help but stare, cause I see truth somewhere in your eyes."
-Justin Timberlake, ‘Mirrors’.
81. "I am thinking of you in my sleepless solitude tonight, if it’s wrong to love you then my heart just won’t let me be right."
-Mariah Carey, ‘My All’.
82. "And when you’re needing your space to do some navigating, I’ll be here patiently waiting to see what you find."
-Jason Mraz, ‘I Won’t Give Up’.
83. "Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know. She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home."
-Ed Sheeran, ‘Perfect’.
84. "When you left I lost a part of me. It's still so hard to believe. Come back baby please cause we belong together."
-Mariah Carey, ‘We Belong Together’.
85. "You've been my inspiration. Through the lies you were the truth. My world is a better place because of you."
-Celine Dion, ‘Because You Loved Me’.
86. "Take my love. I'll never ask for too much. Just all that you are."
-Whitney Houston, ‘I Have Nothing’.
87. "For whatever my man is. I am his forever more."
-Barbara Streisand, ‘My Man’.
88. "Take me to your heart. For it's there that I belong. And will never part."
-Elvis Presley, ‘Love Me Tender’.
89. "Before the day I met you, life was so unkind. But you're the key to my peace of mind."
-Aretha Franklin, ‘You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman’.
90. "Baby it's you. You're the one I love, you're the one I need, you're the only one I see."
-Beyoncé, ‘Love On Top’.
91. "When the evening shadows and the stars appear. And there is no one there to dry your tears. Oh, I hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love."
- Adele, ‘Make You Feel My Love’.
92. "But nothing's greater, than the rush that comes with your embrace."
-Leona Lewis, ‘Bleeding Love’.
93. "These fancy things will never come in between. You're part of my entity, here for infinity."
-Rihanna featuring Jay-Z, ‘Umbrella’.
94. "Oh, my darlin', there's no limit to my lovin'. You got everything I need, and then I'm wanting."
- Empire Cast featuring Rumer Willis, ‘Crazy Crazy 4 U’.
95. "Until tonight I only dreamed about you. I can't believe I ever breathed without you. Baby, you make me feel alive and brand new."
-Kelly Clarkson, ‘Heartbeat Song’.
96. "All of my whole life through. I never love no one but you."
-The Supremes, ‘Baby Love’.
97. "I knew I loved you before I met you. I have been waiting all my life."
- Savage Garden, ‘I Knew I Loved You’.
98. "And it's taken me a lot to say. And now that you're gone, my heart is missing something."
-Ariana Grande, ‘My Everything’.
99. "Hold me, love me, hold me, love me. Ain’t got nothin’ but love babe, Eight days a week."
-The Beatles, ‘Eight Days A Week’.
100. "Never thought I'd be alright, no, no, no. Till you came and changed my life, yeah, yeah, yeah!"
-Christina Aguilera, ‘Ain’t No Other Man’.
101. "Of all the things I felt but never really shown. Perhaps the worst is that I ever let you go. I should not ever let you go."
-Maroon 5, ‘Won’t Go Home Without You’.
102. "Every time I see you baby I get lost. If I'm dreaming, baby, please don't wake me up."
-Shawn Mendes, ‘Fallin' All In You’.
103. "I wanna see inside. Would you let me see beneath your beautiful tonight."
-Labrinth featuring Emeli Sandé, ‘Beneath Your Beautiful’.
104. "And I will swallow my pride. You're the one that I love."
- A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera, ‘Say Something’.
105. "Now my arms are open wide. They're hanging forever there. Waiting forever for you."
-Isaiah Firebrace, ‘It’s Gotta Be You’.
106. "I can't fall in love without you."
- Zara Larsson, ‘I Can't Fall In Love Without You’.
107. "Trouble sleeping. Restless dreaming. You're in my head."
- Gavin James, 'Always'.
108. "Tell me how to be in this world. Tell me how to breathe in and feel no hurt. Tell me how could I believe in something."
-James Bay, ‘Us’.
Book Quotes About Love
Literature is one of the perfect mediums, in which have created a world of love and instilled the most loving thoughts in readers. Whether it’s over the top emotions or tiny flutters, these magical feelings can be beautifully summed up in books. Get immersed in these love quotes from famous literary novels and envision a magical world for you and your loved one with these quotes.
109. "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
- Emily Bronte, ‘Wuthering Heights’.
110. "My heart is, and always will be, yours."
- Jane Austen, ‘Sense And Sensibility’.
111. "I've always loved you, and when you love someone, you love the whole person, just as he or she is, and not as you would like them to be."
- Leo Tolstoy, ‘Anna Karenina’.
112.“One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”
-Paulo Coelho, 'The Alchemist'.
113. "I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be."
-Charles Dickens, 'Great Expectations'.
114.“I have found the one whom my soul loves.”
- Song of Solomon 3:4.
115. “You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.”
- Margaret Mitchell, ‘Gone With The Wind’.
116.“I wish I knew how to quit you.”
- Annie Proulx, ‘BrokeBack Mountain’.
117.“In one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived. I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul - and to me, this has always been enough.”
- Nicholas Sparks, ‘The Notebook’.
118. “My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”
- Jane Austen, ‘Pride And Prejudice’.
119. “Her love was entire as a child’s, and though warm as summer it was fresh as spring.”
- Thomas Hardy, 'Far From The Madding Crowd'.
120. “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely.”
- Ian McEwan, ‘Atonement’.
121. You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.”
- Arthur Conan Doyle, ‘The White Company’.
122. “He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her, like the sun, even without looking.”
- Leo Tolstoy, ‘Anna Karenina’.
123. “I cannot let you burn me up, nor can I resist you. No mere human can stand in a fire and not be consumed.”
- A.S. Byatt, ‘Possession’.
124. “We are asleep until we fall in love!”
- Leo Tolstoy, ‘War And Peace’.
125.“He sweeps her hair back from her ears- he swings her above his head. He says she is his émerveillement. He says he will never leave her, not in a million years.”
- Anthony Doerr, ‘All The Light We Cannot See’.
126. “I can’t sleep, I can’t eat, I can’t do anything but think about him. At night, I dream of him, all day I wait to see him. And, when I do see him my heart turns over and I think I will faint with desire.”
- Philippa Gregory, ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’.
127. “We’ve loved each other so long I’ve never been a man and not loved her.”
- Sarah Perry, ‘The Essex Serpent’.
128. “You are sunlight through a window, which I stand in, warmed. My darling.”
- Jessie Burton, ‘The Miniaturist’.
129.“Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne’er saw true beauty till this night.”
- William Shakespeare, ‘Romeo And Juliet’.
130. “Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips.”
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, ‘Prometheus Unbound’.
131. “One hour of right down love is worth an age of dully living on.”
- Aphra Behn, ‘The Rover’.
132. “Love is a great beautifier.”
- Louisa May Alcott, ‘Little Women’.
133. “Her love was entire as a child’s, and though warm as summer it was fresh as spring.”
- Thomas Hardy, ‘Far From The Madding Crowd’.
134. “Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own: in pain and sickness it would still be dear.”
- Charlotte Brontë, ‘Jane Eyre’.
135. “It is better to love wisely, no doubt: but to love foolishly is better than not to be able to love at all.”
- William Makepeace Thackeray, ‘Vanity Fair’.
136. “You and I, it’s as though we have been taught to kiss in heaven and sent down to earth together. To see if we know what we were taught.”
- Boris Pasternak, ‘Doctor Zhivago’.
137. "I have waited for this opportunity for more than half a century. To repeat to you once again my vow of eternal fidelity and everlasting love.”
- Gabriel García Márquez, ‘Love In The Time Of Cholera’.
138. “All hopes of eternity and all gain from the past he would have given to have her there, to be wrapped warm with him in one blanket, and sleep, only sleep. It seemed the sleep with the woman in his arms was the only necessity.”
- D.H. Lawrence, ‘Lady Chatterley’s Lover’.
139. “Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all.”
- Alfred Lord Tennyson, ‘In Memoriam A.H.H’.
140. “He was my North, my South, my East and West, My working week and my Sunday rest.”
- W.H. Auden, ‘Stop All The Clocks’.
141. “He feeds upon her face by day and night. And she with true kind eyes looks back on him. Fair as the moon and joyful as the light.”
- Christina Rossetti, ‘In An Artist’s Studio’.
142. “O, my luve’s like a red, red rose, That’s newly sprung in June.”
- Robert Burns, ‘My Luve Is Like A Red Red Rose’.
143. “Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care; but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell’s despair.”
- William Blake, ‘The Clod And The Pebble’.
144. “We loved with a love that was more than love.”
- Edgar Allan Poe, ‘Annabel Lee’.
145. “You might not have been my first love, but you were the love that made all the other loves irrelevant”
- Rupi Kaur, ‘Milk And Honey’.
You Have My Heart Quotes For Him Or Her
Here are some lovely quotes for your special person which are straight from the heart.
146. "I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."
147. "I don't know what is it about you and me. But there is something deep."
148. "Couples are wholes and not wholes, what agrees disagrees, the concordant is discordant. From all things one and from one all things."
149. "To good and true love fear is forever affixed."
150. "In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine."
151. "Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you."
152. "Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."
-William Goldman, 'The Princess Bride'.
153. "Love liberates. It doesn't bind."
154. "I can’t promise that in our relationship you won’t face any problems, but I surely can promise that you won’t face them alone!"
155. "I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow."
156. "For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home."
157. “True love is rare, and it's the only thing that gives life real meaning.”
― Nicholas Sparks, 'Message In A Bottle'.
158. "I was made for loving you, baby, you were made for loving me."
-Kiss, 'I Was Made For Lovin' You'.
159. "Love is an endless act of forgiveness."
160. "Oh you to me are everything, the sweetest song that I could sing."
-The Real Thing, 'You To Me Are Everything'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 160 "you have my heart" quotes, then check out our "you complete me" quotes and "you are the love of my life" quotes too.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.