Even on days when you feel you’re alone, your loved ones will always have your back.
There are times in life when we might feel left alone and lonely. These loving quotes will remind you that there is always someone there for you.
If you feel alone and are looking for comfort, this wonderful compilation of walk alone quotes will help you become hopeful again. Perhaps you could even share one of these hopeful you're not alone quotes with a friend you have lost touch with? You can also read these inspirational quotes whenever you are going through tough times yourself. These quotes on loneliness from Charlotte Eriksson, Kurt Vonnegut and more will remind you that even when you are by yourself, you are never truly alone because you many people who love you. Sometimes, all you need is some inspiration, even in the form of a quote, to lift your spirit. For more check out these you matter quotes and quotes to keep going.
The Best Quotes For When You Feel Alone
Some people assume that closing themselves off is better to avoid getting hurt. These people risk not experiencing true friendships and love in their lives. Some of these "better to be alone" quotes do encourage independence, however, you don’t have to stop engaging with other people to be independent. Here are some lovely quotes about feeling alone to provide comfort and prove that you’re never truly alone.
1. “When the wind blows in your face, when you feel you are losing your head, when the going gets tough, and when all else fails, look inside you, you are not alone.”
- Malak El Halabi.
2. “Those who pass by us, do not go alone, and do not leave us alone; they leave a bit of themselves, and take a little of us.”
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
3. “Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.”
- Magica Quartet.
4. “Remember even when alone, that the divine is everywhere.”
5. “Live your life, listen to your music way too loud, be crazy and as different as you want to be and always remember you're not alone.”
- Andy Biersack.
6. “So now, all alone or not, you gotta walk ahead. Thing to remember is if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too.”
- Cecelia Ahern.
7. “If I exist, then surely there must be someone else out there like me.”
- Joyce Rachelle.
8. “The sun loved me again when it saw that the stars would not abandon me.”
- Jenim Dibie.
9. “Being alone does not mean being unhappy. The world is full of plenty of interesting and enjoyable things to do and people who can enrich your life.”
- Michael Josephson.
10. “Don’t feel alone, because there is always someone out there who loves you more than you can imagine.”
- Anurag Prakash Ray.
11. “No one is ever alone and silence does not equate defeat.”
- Joan Ambu.
12. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
- Shane Parrish.
13. “Remember never to say that you are alone, for you are not alone; nay, God is within, and your genius is within.”
Inspirational Quotes About Friends
It is true that friends are the family that we choose for ourselves. When we feel like we are all alone, sharing memories of happy moments with our friends can make us happier. Similarly, sharing our problems with our friends can help ease our burdens. This is why true friendship is a rare thing. These beautiful friendship quotes can make you feel less alone. These are some feeling alone quotes that will make you feel lucky to have friends that love you.
14. “You're not going to have to face things just by yourself, you're not going to have to face things all alone.”
- Cruce Stark.
15. “When you're alone is when you can count your friends.”
- Stephen Richards.
16. “When you think you're alone, when you think there's no one in this world who'll stand up for you, look around and make sure you're right. Friends can appear in the most unlikely people, and are often right in front of you.”
- Richard Thornton.
17. “Friendship, if somebody holds out his hand toward you, you've got to reach and take it . There are too many people alone, and if you're lucky enough for somebody to want you as a friend, it's an obligation.”
- Katharine Hepburn.
18. “Friendship means never having to be alone, it means there's a constant wall of solidarity even when everything else is crumbling around you. If he's the crumble in your life, then I'll be the damn wall!”
- Emma Hart.
19. “Through the twist and turns of life, I find myself so grateful for my friends. Even though sometimes the days can seem so dark, and my heart can feel so hurt, I am never alone; my friends are beside me.”
- Steve Maraboli.
20. “You can't trust us to let you face trouble alone.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien.
21. “Don't get so focused on where you're going that you forget the people you're travelling with. There's no point reaching a destination if you arrive alone.”
- Shaun David Hutchinson.
22. “No human relation gives one possession in another - every two souls are absolutely different. In friendship or in love, the two side by side raise hands together to find what one cannot reach alone.”
- Kahlil Gibran.
23. “So if you feel as if you feel too much, well then you are not alone. May these words find you like a friend.”
- Jamie Tworkowski.
24. “Connecting with others is rewarding; it makes us feel like we’re not alone in the world.”
- Jonah Berger.
25. “Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.”
- Helen Keller.
26. “Can miles truly separate you from friend? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?”
- Richard Bach.
27. “I don’t cry because we’ve been separated by distance, and for a matter of years. Why? Because for as long as we share the same sky and breathe the same air, we’re still together.”
- Donna Lynn Hope.
Quotes About Loneliness
Reading these quotes about feeling lonely can inspire you to forget yourself and reach out to your loved ones. We can all experience the beauty of togetherness with these words of wisdom and feeling lonely quotations.
28. “People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don’t think that’s true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world.”
- Kim Culbertson.
29. “Loneliness is like being the only person left alive in the universe, except that everyone else is still here.”
- Simon Van Booy.
30. “Loneliness is not lack of company, loneliness is lack of purpose.”
- Guillermo Maldonado.
31. “The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.”
- Lois Lowry.
32. “Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.”
- Anne Hathaway.
33. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”
- Wayne Dyer.
34. “Friendship is in the end no more than: a lie which seeks to make us believe that we are not irremediably alone.”
- Marcel Proust.
35. “There are friendships to one who lives in society; thus our present grief arises from having friendships; observing the evils resulting from friendship, let one walk alone like a rhinoceros.”
- Gautama Buddha.
36. “But they were not friends. They were here to keep each other from spinning off alone into the dark matter of the universe.”
- Carol Anshaw.
37. “Ever absent, ever near; Still I see thee, still I hear; Yet I cannot reach thee, dear!”
- Francis Kazinczy.
38. “The joy of meeting pays the pangs of absence; else who could bear it?”
- Nicholas Rowe.
Quotes On Being Alone
At times, we can feel lonely even in the company of others. These standing alone quotes will encourage you to reach out to those you love and find company, whether a family member or best friend.. These are some of the most popular quotes about feeling alone. You can share one with a friend to help remind them that they are never alone.
39. “We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.”
- Herman Melville.
40. “We read to know we are not alone.”
- C. S. Lewis.
41. “I think this is what we all want to hear: that we are not alone in hitting the bottom and that it is possible to come out of that place courageous, beautiful, and strong.”
- Anna White.
42. “There is nothing so moving – not even acts of love or hate – as the discovery that one is not alone.”
- Robert Ardrey.
43. “Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
- Authur C. Clarke.
44. “Most women would not be happy being me. People say, 'But you’re alone.' But I don’t feel alone. I feel very un-alone.”
- Stevie Nicks.
45. “Remember, a wise person moves through his unhappiness alone and whenever he is happy he shares it with everyone. The fool does the opposite.”
- Bella Meraki.
46. “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.”
- Richard Wilbur.
47. “The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.”
- Nicholas Sparks.
You're Not Alone Inspirational Quotes
The words "you are not alone" have been said by a lot of famous people. Here are some great when you feel alone quotes including the most famous quote from the legendary writer Kurt Vonnegut. These quotes will remind you that you are never alone, why not share one with a family member or best friend?
48. “When you miss me just look up to the night sky and remember, I’m like a star; sometimes you can’t see me, but I’m always there.”
- Jayde Nicole.
49. “It’s often just enough to be with someone. I don’t need to touch them. Not even talk.”
- Marilyn Monroe.
50. “Many people need desperately to receive this message: ‘I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people don’t care about them. You are not alone’.”
- Kurt Vonnegut.
51. “Don’t ever lose hope. Even when life seems bleak and hopeless, know that you are not alone.”
- Nancy Reagan.
52. “Down and out? You are not alone! Most people have gone through that process. Yet today, they are a success.”
- Gift Gugu Mona.
53. “Every single human being who is alive has felt this kind of pain, hopelessness, and loneliness at one time or another. We are all connected through this shared pain and struggle.”
- Leo Babauta.
54. “Do not feel lonely; the entire universe is inside you.”
- Jalaluddin Rumi.
55. “The world is all around me. People leave, but there are always more coming. The catch is that you have to open the door to let them in.”
- Kathy McCullough.
56. “I am a part of all that I have met.”
- Lord Tennyson.
57. “When I was alone. I looked to the sky. When I looked to the sky. I wasn’t alone.”
- Abdul Bari Khalil.
58. “Love, and love alone, is capable of giving you a happier life.”
- Ludwig Van Beethoven.
59. “If love is universal, no one can be left out.”
- Deepak Chopra.
60. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
- Audrey Hepburn.
61. “An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless or time, place, and circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle. But it will never break.”
- Ancient Chinese proverb.
Walking Alone Quotes
We love these lines that inspire us in times of despair. Sometimes, we can feel alone or even be alone together. These alone time quotes and inspiring quotes about life will help uplift you.
62. “Knowing that you're not alone really does make all the difference in the world.”
- Normani Hamilton.
63. “I am not alone even in solitude.”
- Debasish Mridha.
64. “We feel alone, and in this we are connected.”
- Leo Babauta.
65. “The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities; but to know someone who thinks and feels with us, and who, though distant, is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.”
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
66. “There are as many atoms in a single molecule of your DNA as there are stars in the typical galaxy. We are, each of us, a little universe.”
- Neil Degrasse Tyson.
67. “Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.”
- Chief Seattle.
68. “Find company within yourself and you’ll never spend a day alone. Find love within yourself and you’ll never have a lonely day.”
- Connor Chalfant.
69. “It takes nothing to join the crowd. It takes everything to stand alone.”
- Hans F. Hansen.
70. “Learn to be alone and to like it. There is nothing more empowering or freeing than learning to like your own company.”
- Mandy Hale.
71. “Her own thoughts and reflections were habitually her best companions.”
- Jane Austen.
72. “Just as the individual is not alone in the group, nor anyone in society alone among the others, so man is not alone in the universe.”
- Claude Levi-Strauss.
73. “Those who love and free nature are never alone.”
- Rachel Carson.
74. “When the others were picked up and walked home by friends or fathers or best friend’s sisters, I was the kid in a grey hoodie, walking with the poets, the singers, the thinkers, and I was not alone.”
- Charlotte Eriksson.
75. “Take this treasure, leave one of your own, and remember this truth: You are not alone.”
- Elaine Vickers.
76. “How rich art is, if one can only remember what one has seen, one is never empty of thoughts or truly lonely, never alone.”
- Vincent Van Gogh.
Here at Kidadl, our team has created lots of fascinating family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for "you're not alone" quotes, then please take a look at these you are worth it quotes or quotes to cheer you up for something different.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.