Recent searches (0)
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Picking the perfect name for your pet lizard is a crucial task.
Although Shakespeare trivialized the importance of names by claiming, “What’s in a name?” you don’t need to follow suit. Your baby lizard deserves a great unique name that’d suit its personality.
Now, we know that choosing the perfect name for your pet can be somewhat arduous. Names for a lizard often range from ancient to outright funny depending on the type of lizard. So we recommend you check out the list we’ve curated and pick the one you like best.
The best thing you can give your lizard boy is a quirky name the world will know him by. We’ve prepared a list of cute reptile names that are quite popular yet unique. Let’s check them out.
1. Antonio (Greek origin) meaning ‘Highly Praiseworthy.’
2. Archie (English origin), short for Archibald, means 'bold' or 'brave'.
3. Bodhi (Indian origin) meaning ‘Awakened’ or ‘Enlightened.’
4. Fabio (Italian origin) meaning ‘Bean Grower’ or ‘Noble.’
5. Houdini (Arabic origin) meaning ‘Escape Artist’ or ‘Magician.’
6. Nigel (English origin) meaning ‘Champion.’
7. Ozzy (English origin) meaning ‘Divine Power.’
8. Rango (Aztec origin) means ‘A rouge’ or ‘Someone who likes to wonder.’ It was popularized by the animated movie 'Rango.'
9. Ugo (Italian origin) meaning ‘Mind’ or ‘Intellect.’
10. Zuko (Arabic origin) meaning ‘Gift of God.’
Your lizard girl deserves a unique and exclusive name that separates her from the crowd. So here’s a list of all the names you could give her.
11. Acacia (Greek origin) which means ‘Thorny Tree’ symbolizes immortality or resurrection.
12. Bonita (Spanish origin), meaning ‘Pretty’ or ‘Beautiful,’ is an incredibly smart option.
13. Dandy (American origin), meaning ‘Fancy,’ is another attractive choice.
14. Elora (Hebrew origin) means ‘God is light.’
15. Fiona (Scottish origin), meaning ‘White’ was invented in the 19th century by the Scottish author William Sharp.
16. Gigi (French origin) meaning ‘Earth Worker’ or ‘God is gracious.’
17. Kabira (Arabic origin) means ‘Noble’ or ‘Great.’
18. Khaleesi (American origin) was made famous by the TV series, Game of thrones. It means ‘Queen’ or ‘Mother of Dragons.’
19. Morla (Italian origin) meaning ‘The ancient one.’
20. Voila (Italian origin) meaning ‘Violet.’
We’ve decided to make a small list of names that’ll suit your bearded dragon which are more regal sounding names for these beasts.
21. Elliot (English origin) meaning ‘The Lord is my God.’
22. Mushu (Indian origin) meaning ‘Very pleasing.’
23. Rex (Latin origin) meaning ‘King’ or ‘A mighty ruler.’
24. Simba (Swahili origin) means ‘Lion.’ A traditional African name made famous by the Lion King on Disney.
25. Typhon (Greek origin) meaning ‘A child of the titans.’
If you couldn’t settle down on a single name after going through the above lists, we’ve got some reptilian names that’ll work for lizards of any gender. It is not uncommon for pet owners to give their lizards a gender-neutral name.
26. Aiden (Irish origin) means ‘Fiery’ or ‘bringer of fire’ and was a Celtic sun god.
27. Cammy (Latin origin) is derived from the Latin word ‘Camila’ and means ‘Young ceremonial attendant.’
28. Cleo (Greek origin) meaning ‘Pride, Fame or Glory.’ can be short for Cleopatra or Cleophus.
29. Darius (Persian origin) means ‘Rich’ and ‘Kingly.’
30. Nagini (Indian origin) literally means a snake and was popularised by the pet snake in the Harry Potter series.
31. Niamh (Irish origin) means ‘Daughter of the god of the sea.’
32. Peanut (American origin) means ‘Groundnut legume.’
33. Puff (American origin) means ‘A sudden or short blast of wind.’
34. Remi (French origin) means ‘Remedy.’
35. Vega (Arabic origin) means ‘Stooping Eagle.’
Some names could be too mundane for your pet lizard. Cartoon lizards have inspired many to own one. And that’s why we’re going to provide you with some playful, witty, and funny names for your consideration. So if your new pet companion makes you laugh, here’s a list of potential names you will like.
36. Basil (Greek origin) meaning Royal, Kingly, or Brave.
37. Coco (American origin) meaning Chocolate beans.
38. Donatello (Italian origin) means ‘Gift’ or ‘Given by God.’
39. Iggy (Latin origin) meaning ‘Fiery.’
40. Leonardo (Italian origin) means ‘Strong as a lion.’
41. Raphael (Hebrew origin) meaning ‘God heals’ can also be spelled as Rafael, Raffael, or Raffaelo.
42. Scampers (English origin) means ‘To run or go quickly or hastily.’
43. Whiskers (English origin) means ‘Brave and Bold’ or ‘One who moves with a quick, sweeping motion.’
44. Wylie (English origin) means ‘From the tricky river’ or ‘well-watered meadow.’
45. Yoshi (Japenese origin) means ‘Virtuous, Respectable or good luck.’
If you’ve recently got a leopard gecko as your new lizard pet, then this list is for you.
46. Darth (American origin), meaning ‘Dark,’ was popularized by the Star Wars series.
47. Gizmo (English origin) meaning ‘Smart and Handsome.’
48. Nova (Latin origin) meaning ‘New.’
49. Yanni (Greek origin) meaning ‘God is gracious.’
50. Yoda (American origin), meaning ‘Warrior’ was also popularized by the Star Wars movies.
Kidadl has lots of great animal names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Lizard Names then why not take a look at Funny Frog Names, or for something different take a look at Cambodian Baby Names.
Read The Disclaimer
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.
Remember that you can always manage your preferences or unsubscribe through the link at the foot of each newsletter.