- Catch Shakespeare’s most renowned love story of all time reworked at the Shaftesbury Theatre in London’s West End.
- What if Juliet’s tragic ending was really just the beginning of her discovering herself?
- The jukebox musical features the greatest pop songs ever from lyricist Max Martin including Baby One More Time and Oops!... I Did It Again.
- A phenomenal show with diverse characters, an awesome storyline and dynamic choreography.
Move over Romeo, this is Juliet’s time to shine! Don’t miss the West End Musical & Juliet Shaftesbury Theatre and discover the new ending of Shakespeare's famous play, Romeo and Juliet.
What if Juliet’s end was really just a new beginning? What if Juliet picks up the dagger and chooses her own fate? Join Juliet in this timeless and timely tale of self-discovery and second chances told through some of the greatest pop hits of the last 30 years! Fans of Six the Musical and Mamma Mia will love this brilliant West End show, which features some of the most iconic pop songs ever by the writer and super-producer Max Martin, including Britney Spears’ baby One More Time and Oops!... I Did It Again, Kesha’s Blow, Backstreet Boys’ Larger Than Life, Jessie J’s Domino, and Katy Perry’s I Kissed a Girl and Roar.
Directed by Luke Sheppard and written by David West Read, the classic story is given a brand-new twist and features an epic soundtrack, electrifying choreography, a stunning set and costume design and explores gender identity, pansexuality, sexual orientation, diversity and acceptance. An anarchic celebration of female empowerment, watch as Juliet writes her own ending and becomes centre stage in this wild, fun-loving, glorious new musical. This relevant reworking of Shakespeare’s play written in 1594-96 is definitely worth the hype and sure to be a hit with your family!
What to know before you go
- & Juliet the musical is 2 hours and 30 minutes long including one interval.
- The show is recommended for ages 6+. Please be aware that the musical does include adult themes and language that may not be suitable for young children.
- The Shaftesbury Theatre is accessible for wheelchair users. Both the box office and Royal Circle are on street level. Audience members with limited mobility are advised to sit in the Royal Circle and there are two available wheelchair positions in Boxes F and E. There is unfortunately no lift in the theatre and other areas of the auditorium can only be reached by stairs. There is an accessible toilet situated in the Royal Circle.
- The Theatre has an infra-red system and headsets are available if required.
- Assistant dogs are welcome in the theatre. The front of house team is happy to look after them.
- The theatre has booster seats available free of charge.
- There are five theatre bars to choose from serving soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and snacks.
- The theatre is surrounded by a variety of fantastic restaurants, including Inamo Covent Garden, Homeslice, Sticks ‘n’ Sushi and Seven Dials Market. Kidadler Bianca recommends, ‘Wahlburgers opposite Covent Garden tube. It's Mark and Donnie Wahlberg's restaurant. Really lovely burgers + great kids' menu.'
- The Shaftesbury Theatre is located on Shaftesbury Avenue.
- The nearest Tube stations are Tottenham Court Road, serving the Central and Northern lines, Holborn, serving the Central and Piccadilly lines and Covent Garden, serving the Piccadilly line. All are within a six-minute walk.
- The nearest railway station is Charing Cross and serves Southeastern rail and the Bakerloo and Northern lines too. It is a 15-minute walk to the theatre through Leicester Square.
- If you are arriving by bus, routes 1, 8, 19, 25, 38, 55, 98, 242 stop at New Oxford Street, routes 10, 14, 24, 29, 73, 134, 390 stop at Tottenham Court Road station and routes 1, 59, 68, 91, 168, 171, 188, 242, 521 stop at Holborn Station.
- If you are driving to the theatre, you can save 50% on car parking charges for up to four hours after 12pm with the Q-Park’s Theatreland Parking Scheme. Q-Park Chinatown in 20 Newport Place is an eight-minute walk away.