- Enjoy one of the most popular afternoon teas in London at B Bakery’s charming Covent Garden café or on board a retro Routemaster bus.
- B Bakery’s afternoon tea bus tour lets you experience a classic cream tea whilst touring around the capital in one of their famed vintage buses, seeing all of the top sights as you go.
- Catering to all dietary requirements and welcoming customers young and old, Brigit’s Bakery has been praised as the best afternoon tea for kids in London.
If you’re looking to find the best bakery in London for kids, then Brigit’s might just be it. B Bakery London serves the most indulgent cakes, delicious savouries and prettiest pastries inside their kitsch Covent Garden cafe. In a perfect mix of modernity and tradition, B Bakery offers afternoon tea with a luxurious French twist, with a stylish chic streak in both their food and their aesthetics. Think pink and white panels, delicate floral china and hallmarks of the London skyline adorning the walls in the B Bakery Covent Garden location.
Situated just off of London’s busy Strand, B Bakery is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle and enjoy an inviting array of sweet and savoury treats. Their adorable salon serves up pink-frosted cupcakes, colourful macarons, classic British scones, cucumber finger sandwiches and mini smoked salmon blinis all washed down with a soothing cup of tea or coffee, or even a prosecco for the parents! Their Covent Garden afternoon tea for two or more is the perfect pit-stop amidst a day of shopping and sightseeing, or for a special occasion to relish a quintessential afternoon tea experience.
B Bakery is perhaps most famous for its afternoon tea tours, where you can enjoy all the delights of their café on board a vintage red bus or even a River Thames cruise boat in the summer. See the city’s top sights whilst tucking in to a classic afternoon tea on Brigit’s beloved London bus tour, which has become one of the most popular food tours in the capital. On their tours and in their café, B Bakery offers some of the best afternoon teas for kids with themed events for Valentine’s Day, the Fourth of July and even a new Peppa Pig Afternoon Tea Bus Tour!
Find out more about why we think you’ll love it here.
What to know before you go
- B Bakery Covent Garden is open Sunday - Friday 10am - 7pm and Saturdays 9am - 8pm.
- B Bakery caters for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and halal afternoon teas. Please contact them directly and let staff know if you have any allergies.
- The café can get busy so we recommend booking ahead and specifying any dietary requirements upon reservation.
- There are toilets in Covent Garden café but not on board the B Bakery bus tour.
- Due to its classic Routemaster design, the bus entrance cannot be made accessible but a folded wheelchair can be accommodated on board.
- Bus tours depart from 8 Northumberland Avenue, outside the Grand Hotel and opposite the Sherlock Holmes Pub by Trafalgar Square.
- Brigit's Bakery itself is located on Chandos Place in Covent Garden.
- The closest Tube station is Covent Garden, serving the Piccadilly line, or Leicester Square via the Northern or Piccadilly lines.
- You can also take an overground train to Charing Cross station, a five-minute walk to the café.
- Buses 9, 13, 15, 23, 139 and 153 all stop near to B Bakery at Covent Garden. The closest bus stop to the café is Bedford Street, Stop J, which services the 6, 9, 11, 15, 87, 91, 139 and 176 buses.