- Experience a British tradition with a twist on B Bakery’s afternoon tea bus tour.
- See the sights of London whilst indulging in a classic afternoon tea on board a retro Routemaster bus.
- Brigit’s Bakery offers one of the best afternoon teas for kids in the city, with vegan, gluten-free and halal options as well as fun themed teas for special occasions.
Looking for a unique afternoon tea experience that the whole family will love? Take a ride on B Bakery’s famous afternoon tea tour bus and cruise around the city streets in style as you tuck in to a scrumptious cream tea with all the trimmings.
Giving the traditional British tea a chic French twist and a healthy dose of sightseeing, B Bakery London is one of the most popular afternoon teas in the capital and the iconic London afternoon tea bus has become a much-loved staple of the city streets. Allowing customers to tick off two British bucket list experiences in one, the B Bakery Bus Tour takes passengers to see London’s top sights on a classic red bus whilst enjoying a delicious afternoon tea for two or more. On board your London bus tour, you’ll be taken around landmarks such as Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, the Royal Albert Hall, Nelson’s Column and much more. All food is freshly prepared at their B Bakery Covent Garden cafe, before being served to you in style on a two-storey 1960s Routemaster bus with cushty booths and the best views. From B Bakery’s traditional afternoon tea you can expect delicacies such as smoked salmon blinis, classic cucumber sandwiches and scones, mini chocolate cupcakes, tropical tarts and the finest crème pâtissière choux, showing off the café’s French roots. Drinks include Betjeman & Barton teas, coffee or hot chocolate and are all served in your own personal B Bakery keep cup, which you can take home with you afterwards.
From their humble café roots, the B Bakery bus has now become one of the most popular food tours in London and has you sorted for every occasion. From special themed tours for Valentine’s Day and the Fourth of July and even a new Peppa Pig Afternoon Tea Bus Tour, you’re sure to find a tea your family will love with B Bakery. Find out more about their Covent Garden afternoon tea and why we think you’ll love it here.
What to know before you go
- The afternoon tea bus tour lasts approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
- The classic bus tours are suitable for children aged five and over.
- B Bakery caters for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and halal afternoon teas. Please contact them directly to book one and let staff know if you have any allergies.
- Please note that there are no toilets on board the B Bakery bus, so be sure to plan accordingly.
- Due to its classic Routemaster design, the bus entrance cannot be made accessible but a folded wheelchair can be accommodated on board. Please make your accessibility needs clear when booking so that B Bakery can ensure your seat is on the lower deck if needed.
- Guide dogs are permitted on board but must be made known to staff when booking.
- The advised dress code is smart casual.
- B Bakery Bus tours depart from 8 Northumberland Avenue, outside the Grand Hotel and opposite the Sherlock Holmes Pub just outside of Trafalgar Square.
- Roads are very busy so we don’t recommend driving if you can avoid it.
- The closest Tube and train station is Charing Cross, serving the Northern and Bakerloo lines as well as Southeastern trains.
- Embankment Underground station is also a short walk away, servicing the Bakerloo, Northern and Circle & District lines.
- Buses 6, 9, 15, 139 and 176 all stop at Charing Cross Station. You can also get the 12, 88, 139, 159 or 453 to Trafalgar Square, a two-minute walk away.