- Eighties classic Back to the Future is finally being adapted to the stage in this groundbreaking new musical at London’s Adelphi Theatre.
- With adaptation by the movie’s original creators, fans of the movie will delight at seeing the iconic DeLorean time machine catapult onto stage to the tunes of its awesome ‘80s soundtrack.
- Back to the Future: The Musical is brought to the West End theatre by a Tony and Olivier Award-winning creative team, with exhilarating stagecraft and a whole new original score that will transport audiences right back to the ‘80s and ‘50s with Marty and Doc themselves.
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for… 1980s family favourite Back to the Future is finally taking to the West End and, great Scott, it’s set to be a good one!
Journey back in time twice over as ‘80s kid Marty McFly is transported back to 1955 in an unlikely time machine built by the wacky scientist Doc Brown. When Marty accidentally changes the course of history in the world of his younger parents, he and Doc must race to fix the future and get back to the present day in the iconic DeLorean time machine.
This pop culture phenomenon will explode onto London’s West End stage with all of the same wit, hilarity, sci-fi gadgets and ‘80s aesthetics that we know and love from the hit blockbuster film. The show is sure to skyrocket with Back to the Future’s original creators Bob Gale and Robert Zemeckis adapting the beloved story to stage, which will feature characteristic songs from the movie including The Power of Love, Back in Time and Earth Angel alongside an original score from Grammy Award winners Alan Silvestri and Glen Ballard. The Back to the Future musical will be directed by Tony Award-winning John Rando, star Matilda: The Musical’s Olly Dobson and come alive with electrifying stagecraft by Harry Potter and the Cursed Child’s Chris Fisher, who will bring the iconic DeLorean time machine soaring onto stage at a full 88mph!
After a smash-hit run at the Manchester Opera House, this high voltage BTTF musical at the Adelphi Theatre will plummet audiences back to Hill Valley and change the future of musical theatre forever. So strap in, switch those time circuits on and get ready for some serious in-flux action by booking your Back to the Future: The Musical tickets now!
What to know before you go
- Back to the Future: The Musical tickets are recommended for ages 6+.
- Adelphi Theatre is part of the Theatre Access Scheme. There is step-free access via the main entrance on The Strand as well as to the bars, cloakroom and souvenir kiosks. There is level access to the The Stalls auditorium and three dedicated wheelchair spaces in Row X. There are accessible toilets located in the main foyer at ground level and at the Stalls seating.
- Assistance dogs are welcome in the theatre and staff are happy to look after them during the performance.
- Audio-described, BSL-interpreted and captioned performances are available as well as hearing aid loops.
- Please note that the show includes flashing and strobe lights, smoke machines and pyrotechnics throughout.
- The theatre has multiple bars and snack kiosks on site including the Vivian Ellis Bar, The Foyer Bar, the Foyer Kiosk and the Merchandise Kiosk. There are also lots of places to eat nearby on the Strand, such as Pizza Hut, Wahaca, TGI Fridays and Franco Manca.
- There is a cloakroom on site and items can be checked for £1 each.
- The Adelphi Theatre is located on the Strand.
- The nearest car parks are at Chinatown and Trafalgar Square and the Adelphi is part of Q-Park’s Theatreland Parking Scheme. Disabled parking is available at John Adam Street, about 90 metres from the venue.
- The closest Tube stations are Covent Garden for the Piccadilly line, Charing Cross for the Northern and Bakerloo lines, and Embankment for the Circle and District lines.
- Charing Cross is the closest railway station, which is a five-minute walk to the theatre.
- Bus routes that run in the area include the numbers 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 87, 91, 139 and 176.