- Enjoy London from a whole new point of view on a City Cruises boat.
- A consistent brand on the River Thames since 1996, City Cruises offer tons of great experiences for that perfect day out.
- City Cruises caters for every type of day, so whether you want fast paced sightseeing, or a relaxing Thames lunch, there’s something for you.
With over 40 years of experience and a fleet of 42 boats, City Cruises carry more than 4 million passengers every year. Cruises go out 365 days a year throughout the day, even operating special Christmas rides, so are a great option for families as they’ll always be available. You can read our brilliant review of them here.
The classic service is the Thames Sightseeing Service, allowing travellers to see all of the London highlights from a very different view than usual on the upper deck. Enjoy this Thames river cruise further in the boat, and enjoy food and drink as well as heating on cold days. Services leave frequently from Westminster, the Tower of London and the London Eye, as well as Greenwich on Saturdays and Sundays. The tours run at varying lengths, from a 30-minute single ride from Tower Pier to Greenwich Pier, to a 180-minute return ride from Westminster Pier to Greenwich Pier and back. No matter the trip you pick, all are brilliant for London sightseeing.
For a fast-paced ride, you can enjoy Thamesjet, a sightseeing speedboat tour in 50 minutes, which departs from Westminster Pier. Life jackets and waterproof clothing will be provided for your Thamesjet journey and the minimum height is 1.35m (4ft. 5in.). You can also hire it for a private ride if you want an extra special day.
City Cruises also operate a full dining service, allowing you to eat a sit-down meal with live entertainment and brilliant views. Currently available are the Afternoon Tea cruises and Lunch cruises. These last around 1 hour and 45 minutes, with tasty food and a commentary of the sights of London as you cruise along the Thames. Vegan and vegetarian options are available but will need to be organised in advance.
Whatever you feel like doing on your day, City Cruises will have a boat trip you can enjoy, giving you a unique perspective wherever you choose to go.
What to know before you go
- You should always arrive at least 15 minutes before your boarding time.
- Staff can help you find the wheelchair accessible boats. Dining services are not available for those fully wheelchair bound.
- Toilets are available on all boats, but baby-changing facilities are dependent on the boat.
- Depending on the service, adults are typically 16+, but sometimes count as 13+ or 18+. This will be made clear when purchasing tickets.
- Whether you are allowed to bring your own food and drink on board depends on the specific boat; check with staff beforehand.
- The main departure points are Westminster Pier (SW1A 2JH), London Eye Pier (SE1 7PB), Tower Pier (EC3N 4DT) and Greenwich Pier (SE10 9HT).
- Westminster Pier is easily accessed by Tube (Westminster station), Waterloo Pier by Tube and rail (Waterloo station), Tower Pier by Tube (Tower Hill station) and Greenwich by rail and DLR (Greenwich and Cutty Sark for Maritime Greenwich, respectively).