- Make the most of this traffic-free way to explore London and see top London attractions from on board your river boat, including the London Eye, Tower Bridge and The O2.
- Download a free audio guide and learn everything there is to know about the Thames and all the iconic London sights surrounding it.
If you have always wanted to go on a river bus in London with your family, now you can. Go on a sightseeing tour of London and explore the city with a Thames Clippers boat trip. Kids and adults alike can enjoy spotting some of the capital's most famous sights as you glide down the river at a maximum speed of 28 knots (that’s 32mph!). Thames travel is an ideal, stress-free way to explore the city - without traffic!
The Thames Clipper route is perfect for a day of sightseeing. You can visit all of London's famous landmarks as you hop on and hop off all day between 17 piers, including Greenwich, Tower Bridge, the London Eye, Westminster and Battersea Power Station.
Have your kids ever wanted to go on the London Eye, visit The Shard or see the O2 Arena up close? As one of the best London tours, this Thames river cruise will take you to all these iconic landmarks in one day, if you can squeeze them all in, that is! If you'd prefer a speedier journey, why not check out a Thames Rockets speedboat tour instead.
What to know before you go
- Choose your own sightseeing itinerary in advance so that you can make the most of your day.
- Make sure to download the free Thames Clipper app so that you have access to your very own audio guide available in English, French, German and Spanish. You will learn river facts and stories about the Thames and iconic London sights.
- Boats depart every 20 minutes to link you to all London's attractions.
- Boarding is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Children up to the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Thames Clipper boats are wheelchair accessible. You are allowed to bring buggies on board.
- All piers are wheelchair accessible apart from Cadogan Pier, Wandsworth Riverside Quarter Pier and London Bridge City Pier.
- There are climate-controlled indoor cabins but if you prefer to be outside, there are outdoor decks to use too.
- Peckish? Hot and cold drinks, snacks and refreshments are available from the kiosk on board. Or why not hop off at Bankside – where all Thames Clippers stop at some point – for a bite to eat. There are lots of restaurants with outdoor seating for you and your family.
- You must redeem your ticket at either Westminster Pier or Tower Pier. From there you'll be able to kickstart your day of river cruising and choose whether to get on a boat heading east towards Woolwich Arsenal or west towards Battersea.
- Tickets are valid for use between the 17 piers between Battersea and Woolwich Arsenal, including Greenwich, Tower, Bankside, Embankment and London Eye Piers.