- Unearth the history of the City of Spires on this brilliant two-hour guided walking tour around its breathtaking libraries and world-famous university.
- Discover Oxford’s stunning architecture, and learn about the fascinating secrets and legends that encompass the historic buildings.
- See some of Oxford University famous buildings from the outside, including the Bodleian Library and the Radcliffe Camera.
- Visit some of the filming locations from the Harry Potter movies and places that inspired Alice in Wonderland.
Explore the world-famous city of Oxford with your family on this awesome two-hour Official Oxford University & City Walking Tour. Learn about its history from your expert guide as you stroll around the city and marvel at the magnificent skyline of Gothic church steeples and towers. One of the oldest universities in the world, the historic buildings were mainly built during the 15th, 16th, and 17th centuries. See Oxford University’s oldest colleges and most renowned buildings, including the Bodleian Library, the Radcliffe Camera, the Bridge of Sighs, and the Sheldonian Theatre, and discover the university traditions and the stories that surround each building. The walking tour is the perfect way to discover how the historic colleges were founded and how Oxford University works today.
Explore the Harry Potter filming locations, and the places that influenced Lewis Carrol’s Alice in Wonderland. Your guide will also have many enjoyable stories about real-life characters and academics who have lived here and walked around the ancient colleges and cobbled streets.
What to know before you go
- Your ticket includes a guided walking tour of Oxford University and the libraries.
- The duration of the walking tour is two hours.
- Most days it is possible to visit a college, an although every effort is made to ensure this please be aware that colleges are working institutions and they reserve the right to close on important days in the life of the university and on the day of your visit.
- The meeting point is outside the Cool Britannia gift shop, which is on the corner of Broad Street and Turl Street. Please present your smartphone ticket on arrival.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior your chosen time slot. Unfortunately, latecomers won’t be able to join the walking tour or be refunded.
- Children under the age of five can join the tour for free. Please select a free ticket for them when booking.
- Concessions are available for students and seniors over 60. Please bring a valid form of ID. There are also child-priced tickets for those aged between 5-15-years of age.
- There are loads of nice cafes and independent restaurants in Oxford. Vaults & Garden is situated in a beautiful 1320 building with a vaulted ceiling and garden. It serves breakfast, lunch and cream teas. Mamma Mia Pizzeria is very family-friendly and serves traditional pizzas and delicious pasta dishes.
- If you have selected free cancellation when booking, you can cancel until 11.59pm on the day before you visit.
- Changes may be possible for this ticket.
- From Oxford railway station, it takes 12 minutes to walk to the Cool Britannia shop.
- There are direct trains from London Paddington to Oxford with Great Western Railway that take under an hour.
- The Oxford Tube is a direct coach from London to Oxford and it takes approximately 120 minutes.
- If you are driving from London to Oxford, it takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. Oxford is easily accessible by the M4 and M40.
- There are total of five Park and Ride services in Oxford. Oxpens, Gloucester Green and Worcester Street car parks are all within a short walking distance from the Cool Britannia gift shop.