- Enjoy a three-and-a-half-hour bike tour of the capital and unearth some of its secret haunts.
- Pedal to some brilliant London locations, including the Tower of London, Brick Lane, the Cable Street Mural and Shakespeare’s Globe.
- Visit Harry Potter filming locations, including Diagon Alley and the Leaky Cauldron.
- Listen to some fascinating stories about eccentric characters and the hidden landmarks of London from your expert guide.
- Marvel at the iconic River Thames and the City of London skyline.
For a truly memorable excursion around the capital, join a small group for an unforgettable bike tour of London’s hidden gems and secret spots. Explore some of London’s lesser-known highlights with your family on this three-and-a-half-hour bike tour.
The Secret London Bike Tour will take you to local haunts that you may not have visited yet or already heard of. You will see everything from the location of a Jack the Ripper murder, the Cable Street Mural to the colourful back streets of the East End of London. You can also expect to see London’s most iconic landmarks like Tower Bridge, the Tower of London and the River Thames. You will pedal to Shakespeare’s Globe, Borough Market, Brick Lane plus the Old London Docks. You will also explore the magical wizarding world of Harry Potter and visit some much-loved filming locations, including the must-see Diagon Alley and the Leaky Cauldron from Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
Your passionate London guide will reveal lots of interesting secrets of the city as well as captivating stories along the way. Hear extraordinary tales of scandal, the Thames polar bear and the dark days of Jack the Ripper. A brilliant and original London tour that will take explorers off the beaten track into fascinating parts of London! This tour is ideal for adventurous families with children aged eight and over.
What to know before you go
- The starting time of the tour is 3pm. The meeting point is in front of the Whistle Shop, which is situated at the entrance to the train platforms 1 and 2 inside Waterloo train station. You will find your guide waiting for you here.
- Please present your smartphone ticket to your guide on arrival.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your starting time. Unfortunately, latecomers will not be waited for.
- Children must be eight years old and above to join this tour.
- A reasonable fitness level is required due to the amount of cycling, and you must be a competent cyclist.
- Your ticket includes a three-and-a-half-hour bike tour of London, a comfortable bicycle, helmet, rain poncho and an expert English-speaking guide.
- It does not include admission to any sights or attractions.
- Child rates are available for those aged 8-17 years. Concessionary rates are available for students. Please being a valid proof of ID with you.
- You will have a 20-minute break at Brick Lane where you can get a snack and a drink.
- Grab some lunch before the bike tour starts. There are some brilliant family-friendly restaurants to eat at the nearby Southbank, including Wahaca, Giraffe, Ping Pong and Pizza Express.
- If you select free cancellation upon booking, you can cancel until 11.59pm on the day of your visit.
- Changes may be possible for this ticket.
- Waterloo station is served by South Western Railway as well as the Bakerloo, Jubilee, Northern and Waterloo & City lines. Waterloo East is served by Southeastern trains.
- If you are coming by bus, routes 1, 26, 68, 76, 77, 139, 168, 172, 211, 243 and 341 stop at Waterloo station.
- If you are driving, Waterloo car park is on York Road or you can find parking at the National Theatre, which starts at £2.50 for an hour if you book online in advance.