- Pop sensation Six the Musical is back on stage at London’s Lyric Theatre for a limited run this autumn and winter.
- See King Henry VIII’s infamous six wives re-imagined and ready to tell their own tale in this explosive story of sisterhood, empowerment, and a whole lot of sass.
- Join musical theatre’s brightest stars as their six dazzling characters come together in a girl power-centric reclaiming of history.
Divorced, beheaded, and now live on stage! Tudor England's historical heartbreak is retold and re-imagined through 21st-century sass in Global Musicals’ smash-hit production, Six.
In this completely refreshing, uplifting and hilarious new British musical, Henry VIII’s wives get the chance to tell their own stories and they are not shying away from the opportunity. Re-imagined as six powerful pop princesses, Catherine of Aragon, Jane Seymour, Anna of Cleves, Katherine Howard, Catherine Parr and Anne Boleyn explode onto stage to retell the stories of Tudor history we all think we know with their own hysterical take on events and empowered final word. Written by Toby Marlow and Lucy Moss and featuring a diverse, star-studded cast of women including Adrianna Hicks, Andrea Macasaet, Brittney Mack, Samantha Pauly, Anna Uzele and Abby Mueller, Six explodes onto stage in a genre-bending pop concert and musical theatre hybrid. This West End musical’s sensational studio album has won critical acclaim across the world, with Six Broadway now appearing in New York City and heading all the way down under to Australian theatres too. As well as genius costume design that puts a 21st-century spin on traditional Tudor garms and the most glitzy purple sets, Six the Musical is also full of important messages about gender and power and pushes the boundaries of history through humour, wit and endless amounts of fun.
Get ready to lose your head and unleash your inner diva at one of the most popular new musicals in London and a history lesson the kids will never forget!
What to know before you go
- The show is 80 minutes long and there is no interval.
- It's recommended for ages 10 and over.
- The Lyric Theatre is accessible for wheelchairs via Shaftesbury Avenue and there are wheelchair spaces in Dress Circle Boxes C, D and E for up to three people. There is a fully accessible toilet in the Dress Circle and assistant dogs are welcome. The theatre is happy to provide a dog sitting service for two guide dogs at a time.
- Toilets are located on all levels of the theatre.
- There are theatre bars on all levels serving soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and snacks as well as ice creams in the auditorium. Located in the heart of Piccadilly, there are also plenty of places to eat nearby including the Rainforest Cafe, Five Guys, the Fratelli la Bufala pizzeria plus the many restaurants of Chinatown.
- The Lyric Theatre is air conditioned.
- The Lyric Theatre is located just a stone's throw from the bright lights of Piccadilly Circus.
- The nearest Tube station is Piccadilly Circus, a two-minute walk away, serving the Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines. Leicester Square Tube station is also a six-minute walk away and serves the Northern and Piccadilly lines.
- Charing Cross is the nearest railway station, a 12-minute walk to the theatre through Trafalgar Square, serving the Bakerloo and Northern lines too.
- Buses 6, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 22B, 23, 38, 53, 88, 94, 139, 159 and 453 operate in the area.
- If you are driving to the theatre, there are Q-Park car parks at Chinatown and Newport Place as well as parking on Brewer Street, just three minutes away.