- Sleepless: A Musical Romance is based on the 1993 romcom Sleepless in Seattle, starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan.
- A recently widowed father tells a radio show about his broken heart and sleepless nights, and becomes the most eligible bachelor in America.
- The role of Sam (originally Tom Hanks) will be played by Jay McGuiness, best known as being a member of The Wanted and winning Strictly Come Dancing.
- Annie (originally Meg Ryan) will be played by Kimberley Walsh, most famous as being a member of Girls Aloud.
See this 1993 classic like never before in Sleepless: A Musical Romance - the perfect way to safely head back to the theatre.
Sleepless tells the heart-warming tale of the recently-widowed Sam (McGuiness), who moves to Seattle with his ten-year-old son, Jonah (Daniel Casey). When Jonah phones a radio show, Sam is forced to talk about his deceased wife Maggie, his broken heart and sleepless nights live on air. Women around America are touched by his story and he suddenly finds himself one of the most sought after single men in the country. One of the listeners is Annie Reed (Walsh), a Baltimore Sun reporter who is engaged but feels there is something missing. Can Jonah bring the two together on top of the Empire State Building?
This show is a brilliant way to ease back into watching live theatre. The spacious nature of the venue allows for social distancing measures being strictly obeyed by staff and the audience. You will be temperature checked on entering the building and will be required to wear face masks. Hand sanitiser will be available at multiple locations, and all areas of the venue will be thoroughly deep cleaned after each performance. The venue will be cashless. You will be sent the most up-to-date information before going to a performance, and information is continually being updated on the website, as the theatre works with Society of London Theatre (SOLT) and UK Theatre.
With lovely music courtesy of Larry Blank, and brilliant direction by Morgan Young, this will be a great show to see during the summer holidays. Why not spend the day in Wembley? Home of the Wembley Stadium, Northala Fields and Barham Park, there’ll be something for every family member to do. Topping it off with a musical will be a lovely treat!
What to know before you go
- Sleepless: A Musical Romance is approximately 1 hour 55 minutes, with a 20 minute interval, and is suitable for children 5+.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before the performance begins.
- Please show your ticket on your phone, or print your ticket, to gain entry to the event. The barcode will be scanned upon entry.
- No refunds or exchanges after booking.
- The appearance of any member of the cast is subject to change.
- The theatre is fully accessible.
- You can bring your own cold food and drinks into the theatre, but any beverages cannot be alcoholic. There is a bar that opens 90 minutes prior to the performance start time, serving a wide range of soft and alcoholic drinks. Light snacks including crisps, popcorn and confectionary are also available from the bar, and the bar is open until 11pm on performance days except Sundays.
- Sleepless: A Musical Romance is running at the Troubadour Wembley Park.
- The nearest Underground station is Wembley Park (Jubilee and Metropolitan Lines).
- The nearby mainline stations are Wembley Stadium and Wembley Central.
- Buses 223, 245, 83, 92, 206, 297 and 182 all stop within easy walking distance of the venue.
- There is no parking at the venue.