About Brian Ross
Brian Elliot Ross, commonly known as Brian Ross, is an emerging investigative journalist who worked as a Chief Investigate Correspondent until 2018 on the ABC News, Walt Disney television’s broadcast network.
He started his career on ABC News in 1994 and got fired in 2018. He was a former correspondent on NBC News from 1974-1994.
The reports of Brian Ross mainly cover the corruption-related government content. Brian Ross makes money from his successful career as an investigative journalist.
Brian Ross Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is Brian Ross’s net worth?
The estimated net worth of Brian Ross is approximately around $3 million, respectively.
How much does Brian Ross earn per year?
As per the media reports, no details regarding the yearly income of Brian Ross are available.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is Brian Ross?
Brian Ross is 5 ft 11 in (180 cm).
How old is Brian Ross?
Brian Ross was born on October 23, 1948, and as of 2022, he is 73 years old.
Childhood And Education
Brian Ross was born in Illinois, Chicago, and he completed his graduation at the University of Iowa journalism school, majoring in journalism in 1971. As per the reports, no precise details are available regarding his parents and siblings.
Family, Romance And Relationships
Who is Brian Ross’s partner?
Brian Ross got married to Lucinda Sanman, and they have been living happily for nearly 30 years. The adorable couple has two children, McKenzie and William Curry Rose.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
Brian Ross is best known as a television journalist to the public. He has been honored with many awards for his various investigation reports regarding the corruption related to the government.
After completing his graduation, Brian worked in the television station named 'KWWL-TV', located in Waterloo, Iowa. He joined WCKT-TV in Miami, Florida, and then he also worked at WKYC-TV, located in Cleveland, Ohio. From 1974 until 1994, Brian Ross started working on NBC News as a national correspondent.
As per the media reports, no details are available regarding the charity works of Brian Ross.
What awards has Brian Ross won?
Brian Ross won the Sigma Delta Chi Award for his report regarding the Teamsters in 1976.
In 1977, he was awarded the National Headliner Award, following his previous award.
Brian Ross won the DuPont Award for questioning the American authorities to stop the shipment procedures of a radioactive material that could enter the country. This was his undercover investigation regarding nuclear smuggling.
The investigation regarding the Congressional page scandal that involved Foley by Brian Ross led him to grab his next award Peabody Award.
Brian Ross won a series of awards due to his success in the Congressional page scandal investigation. Some of them are the Emmy Award, Investigative Reporters and Editors award, Online News Association Journalism Award, and many more.
Brian Ross’s Hobbies And Interests
As per the media reports, no details are available regarding the hobbies and interests of Brian Ross on social media sites.
Other Interesting Brian Ross Facts And Trivia
- In 2017, Brian Ross stated a report that Michael Flynn, a retired United States Army lieutenant general, was preparing to testify that Donald Trump directed him (Michael Flynn) to contact the Russian officials during Trump’s presidential campaign.
- Later that day, Ross clarified this incident on 'World News Tonight' that Trump asked his advisors and Flynn to explore the ways to rebuild the relationship with Russia and all the other world hot spots.
- Due to this, Brian Ross was suspended for four weeks without pay for delivering this erroneous message.
- Brian Ross won the 2007 Peabody Award for 'Conduct Unbecoming-The Mark Foley Scandal'.
- Several controversies have marred their journalism career of Ross over the years. When he was covering the Colorado shooting, Ross claimed that there was a connection between the shooting and one of the members of the Colorado Tea Party. He made this claim without any evidence and based it just on the perpetrator's name.
- Dylan Byers has described Ross as one of the most controversial reporters in the history of television journalism. The website of the Conservative Party asked for the firing of Brian Ross and the matter subsided only after ABC News president and Ross himself apologized for the unwanted comments.
- Another controversy hit his journalism career in 2017 when he was suspended for four weeks without pay. The reason for his suspension was a statement during a special report wherein Brian claimed that Michael Flynn has been preparing to testify against Donald Trump and stated that during the presidential campaign, Donald Trump had asked him to get in touch with Russian officials.
- Later during a telecast of World News Tonight, Brian issued a clarification that Flynn had not been directed to get in touch with Russians until after the elections. He further added that Flynn had been asked by Trump along with other advisors to seek ways to repair the relationships with Russia as well as other countries.
We would love your help! If you have a photo of Brian ross, either of them alone or a selfie that you would be happy to share, please send it to [email protected].If you have knowledge or information that you think would help us improve this article, please contact us.