About Cindy Vela
Cindy Vela took birth on January 4, 1979, in Brownsville, Texas, United States.
The American actress has starred in a number of films since she made her debut in 2005 when she played the role of La Gritona in the movie 'Puños Rosas'. Cindy Vela has played key roles in films and television shows such as 'La Chamba', 'Nuclear Family', 'Camino', 'Endgame', 'Run Hide Fight', and many more.
Cindy Vela has earned recognition not only as an actress but also as a model and a skilled saxophonist. The multi-talented actress has featured in music videos for artists like Carlos Santana, and Daddy Yankee and has starred in several Mexican-American films such as 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' and 'Harvest of Redemption'. Cindy Vela began her acting career in 2005 with a small role in the film 'Puños Rosas' but prior to this she excelled as a model appearing as the brand ambassador for brands such as Kellogg's, Motorola, and Wells Fargo. Scroll down to read more about this Brownsville, Texas-born American actress and model.
Cindy Vela Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is Cindy Vela’s net worth?
Cindy Vela is believed to have a net worth of around $1.6 million.
How much does Cindy Vela earn per year?
The annual income of Cindy Vela is unknown at the moment but the American actress is believed to have amassed her massive net worth mostly from her acting projects and brand deals.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is Cindy Vela?
Cindy Vela stands tall at 5 ft 2 in (157 cm).
How old is Cindy Vela?
Cindy Vela took birth on January 4, 1979, in Brownsville, Texas, United States. The American model and actress turned 43 on January 2022.
Childhood And Education
Cindy Vela spent her childhood living with her parents, Fred Vela and Lupita Vela. She also has a brother, Freddy Vela. Cindy Vela was born in Brownsville, Texas but later lived in Olmito along with her family. She was a student at the Los Fresnos High School and later joined the University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College for her higher education. Vela took a keen interest in music from a very young age itself and looked to learn instruments like the clarinet.
During Vela's time at the University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College, she was the jazz and concert band's lead saxophonist. Cindy Vela completed her graduation with BA degree in music education from the University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College, and went on to become a band director at the prestigious Memorial Middle School for a brief period of time.
Family, Romance And Relationships
Who is Cindy Vela’s partner?
Cindy Vela has been engaged to Kiefer Sutherland since 2017. The couple started dating each other back in 2014 and later announced their engagement publicly in 2017. The two currently live in Toluca Lake, Los Angeles.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
Cindy Vela is popularly known for acting in movies such as 'Black November' in 2012 where she played the role of Agent Consuelos, and the 2015 film 'Endgame' in which Vela portrayed the role of the Detention Teacher, and several other movies as well. Before becoming an actress, Cindy Vela aced as a model, her modeling career kicked off in 2000 when she participated and won in the 'Miss Latina' beauty pageant. As she got better opportunities as a model, she worked with better photographers and eventually went on to shift to Los Angeles.
During her modeling career, Cindy Vela once worked with the renowned designer, Ximena Valero who personally picked Cindy Vela from a pool of several aspirants. Following her time as a model, Vela went on to pursue acting and debuted with a small role in the film 'Puños Rosas' playing the role of La Gritona. Cindy Vela received her big break in the film industry when she starred in the 2009 film 'Desdemona: A Love Story'. Cindy Vela's performance was largely applauded and the film went on to bag the 'Best Feature Film' award at the year's 'Boston International Film Festival'.
Cindy Vela’s Hobbies And Interests
Cindy Vela is known to be a huge fan of the Harry Potter movie series and takes great pleasure in traveling and listening to music.
Other Interesting Cindy Vela Facts And Trivia
- In 2010, Cindy Vela hogged the limelight when she appeared in the music video titled 'The Truth' for the American singer, Kris Allen.
- Cindy Vela was a part of the 2010 viral video 'Exhibit B-5' which also starred the likes of Mircea Monroe and Corin Nemec. The film went viral and Cindy Vela also gave an interview with 'Herald de Paris' for the same.
- During her modeling career, Cindy Vela shone as the cover girl for magazines such as 'L'Estilo magazine' and 'Bella Petite'.
- In the recent past, Cindy Vela played the role of Ms. Nunez in the 2020 film 'Run Hide Fight' which earned her great recognition. She also famously played the role of 'Pregnant Chola' in the 2012 TV series 'La Chamba'.
- Early on in her career, Cindy Vela directed 'Harlingen High School's' band for a brief period of time.
- Cindy Vela's brother, Freddy Vela is a well-known local news and weather reporter at the Rio Grande Valley.
- The American actress has a considerable social media presence on her Instagram account which is called '@cindyvela'.
- Interestingly, during her school days, Cindy Vela won several accolades in the field of music but her parents insisted on focusing primarily on her academics.
- The American model and actress, Cindy Vela, has been part of several successful movies and television shows over the past decade including the likes of 'Nuclear Family', 'Thou Shalt Not Kill', 'It's Gawd!', 'Ready or Not', 'Hollywood Familia', and a few others.
We would love your help! If you have a photo of Cindy Vela, either of them alone or a selfie that you would be happy to share, please send it to [email protected].
If you have knowledge or information that you think would help us improve this article, please contact us.