About Dacre Montgomery
Dacre Montgomery is an actor from Australia who is best known for his appearances in the films 'Stranger Things' and 'Power Rangers' on Netflix.
Dacre was born and grew up in Perth in Western Australia and began acting on stage and in cinema at nine. He was always interested in the film industry as a kid.
His classmates praised him as the 'Most Likely to be a Hollywood Star' in his high school yearbook in 2011. With the short film 'Bertrand The Terrible,' he began his career in 2010. Soon after, he starred in the 'Family Tree' TV pilot and a few music videos. In 2016, Dacre Montgomery landed the lead role of 'Billy Hargrove' in the hit Netflix series 'Stranger Things,' and the following year, he played 'Jason, the Red Ranger' in the reboot of the popular American kids' TV show 'Power Rangers.' Dacre Montgomery was listed as a cast member of Russell Crowe's upcoming film 'The True History of the Kelly Gang' in late 2017.
Dacre Montgomery Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is Dacre Montgomery's net worth?
Dacre Montgomery estimated net worth is $2 million as of 2022.
How much does Dacre Montgomery earn per year?
Dacre Montgomery's annual income is unknown.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is Dacre Montgomery?
Dacre Montgomery is 5 ft 11 in (180 cm) tall.
How old is Dacre Montgomery?
Dacre Montgomery is 27 years old as of 2022.
Childhood And Education
In Perth, Western Australia, Dacre Montgomery was born to Judith Barrett-Lennard, his mother, Candian, and his father, Scott Montgomery-Harvey, who is from New Zealand. He has a younger sister named Saskia. His parents worked in the film industry in Australia. His father was from New Zealand, while his mother was from Canada. Dacre had a deep interest in movies when the couple worked together in the Australian film industry. He grew up visiting movie sets and seeing actors perform in front of the camera. His interest in acting prompted him to pursue it further. Dacre was tormented at school because he was a big kid. His enthusiasm for acting inspired him to pursue his dream of becoming an actor by participating in school plays. His parents were strict with him and wouldn't allow him to watch television until he was older, fearing that it might affect his mental health. He was not exceptionally bright in school and preferred performing and other extracurricular activities. He traveled to Vancouver with his parents when he was 12 years old and met an agent who encouraged him to reduce weight. Dacre took the advice to heart and embarked on a substantial weight-loss program. Dacre started acting on a stage and on-screen when he was nine years old. Montgomery went to his hometown's Mount Lawley Senior High School. Montgomery's classmates selected him 'The Most Likely Student to Become a Hollywood Star' in the yearbook in Year 12. Montgomery pursued his theatrical arts studies throughout his high school years. Montgomery graduated from WAAPA at Edith Cowan University with a bachelor's degree in acting in 2015.
Family, Romance, And Relationships
Who is Dacre Montgomery dating?
Dacre Montgomery is single as of May 2022.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
Dacre Montgomery is most recognized for his role in 'Stranger Things' as Billy Hargrove and the 2017 film 'Power Rangers' as Jason, the Red Ranger.
As a teenager, he began acting and participated in a few short films, including 'Bertrand the Terrible' in 2010. He made his television debut in the first episode of 'Family Tree' in 2011. He disappeared for the next few years due to his university duties. He resumed full-time auditioning after graduation in 2015. He performed in music videos for the songs 'Old Souls' and 'Chateau' before landing a solid acting role. In 2015, he featured in the short film 'Godot's Clinic'. He appeared in two independent feature films over the next two years, 'Safe Neighbourhood' and 'A Few Less Men.' With two significant ventures, 2017 was a huge success for him. In the reboot of the classic kids' show 'Power Rangers,' he made his feature debut as 'Jason,' one of the main characters. Dacre nailed the renowned character, despite his lack of prior acting experience. He was nominated for a 'Teen Choice Award' in the category of 'Choice Movie Actor: Sci-fi' for his work as 'Jason, the Red Ranger.' He was cast as 'Billy Hargrove,' an Australian evil guy, in the hit Netflix series 'Stranger Things' in 2016. In the second season, he joined the cast in a recurring role, and the cult series received even more recognition for the cast's performances. The second season outperformed the first in terms of reviewer and user ratings. Along with the cast of 'Stranger Things,' Dacre was nominated for a 'Screen Actors Guild Award' for 'Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series'. In 2016, the Australian–American psychological horror film 'Better Watch Out' was released. He played one of the leading characters in the picture, which received much positive feedback from critics. Several film festivals screened the film. However, the film's box office receipts were not particularly encouraging.
What awards has Dacre Montgomery won?
Teen Choice Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards, and MTV Movie and TV Awards have all nominated him.
Other Interesting Dacre Montgomery Facts And Trivia
- Dacre Montgomery was born in Perth, Western Australia, in 1994.
- At 12, he began taking acting classes and attended 'Mount Lawley Senior High School' at Edith Cowan University. He maintained his acting studies while working in school shows and soon joined the 'Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts (WAAPA). After graduating from high school, he pursued his bachelor's degree from the 'WAAPA'. It was a prominent university with notable alumni like Hugh Jackman of Hollywood.
- In 2017, Dacre Montgomery attended the launch of 'Stranger Things Season 2'.
- He played the role of Dacre Montgomery in the Netflix series 'Stranger Things', which was based on a few real-life tragedies that Dacre has faced. Dacre claims that his experience of being viciously tormented in school came in helpful while filming the role.
- Dacre Montgomery has a younger sister, 12 years his junior, and he adores her.
- In 2017, Dacre Montgomery was also cast as the Lead Man in the music video 'Chateau,' directed by Jessie Hill and featuring Angus and Julia Stone.
- In addition, Dacre Montgomery has a part in 'A Few Less Men', the sequel to the Australian comedy 'A Few Best Men'.
- Montgomery will star with Russell Crowe and Nicholas Hoult in 'The True History of the Kelly Gang', based on Peter Carey's novel of the same name.
- He got major projects in 2017. Montgomery played Jason Scott, the Power Rangers commander, in the rebooted 'Power Rangers' feature film reboot.
We would love your help! If you have a photo of Dacre Montgomery, either of them alone or a selfie that you would be happy to share, please send it to [email protected].
If you have knowledge or information that you think would help us improve this article, please contact us.