About Daria O'Neill
Daria O'Neill is a well-known television and radio personality and an entertainer from the United States. This Portland television star is popular for her irreverent humor and has a theater background. She has hosted several events and starred in local theater productions.
Daria O'Neill was born as Daria Eckhardt in Tipton, Iowa, in the United States, on April 26, 1971. The radio personality is the host of 'Radio Free Daria', a podcast.
This television personality grew up in Montana and Wyoming. In 2002, Daria O'Neill appeared in 'Down South', and in 2005, she was present in 'Bad Dates' under Triangle Productions. For Willamette Week, Daria O'Neill has also been a model and hosted 'Candidates Gone Wild', a paper's annual political event in 2004 with Steve Novick, an activist.
In 2006, during the World of Music at the Library, a Salem public library series, Daria O'Neill's concert was introduced. In 'Room To Breathe', she starred in a short film in 2006 with Art Alexakis and Everclear singer.
With a sketch comedy troupe, 'The third Floor' star has also performed many times. However, there is no information about Daria O'Neill's father, mother, or siblings. She has also not shared many details about her childhood or schooling.
Daria O'Neill's Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is Daria O'Neill’s net worth?
Daria O'Neill's net worth stands at approximately $3 million earned throughout her career as a TV and radio entertainer.
How much does Daria O'Neill earn per year?
The annual earnings of this radio personality are not yet known in the public database.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is Daria O'Neill?
The height of Daria O'Neill is not known in the public database.
How old is Daria O'Neill?
Daria O'Neill was born on April 26, 1971, and is 51 years old as of 2022.
Childhood And Education
Daria O'Neill graduated from Portland's Reed College, and she took a degree in theater. At the Multnomah Athletic Club, the Portland star was a lifeguard. At Wilson High School, she was a teacher's aide and then switched her career to the radio. This celebrity from Portland started using O'Neill as her stage name.
With Mike Chase, Daria O'Neill was a co-host on 'Mike And Daria', a morning show. Later on, after the departure of Chase, she was a co-host at KNRK with Bill Prescott from April 1997 to October 2003 in Portland.
Daria O'Neill was interested in hosting shows and radio programs from a young age and wanted to become a pro when she grew up.
Family, Romance, And Relationships
Who is Daria O'Neill’s partner?
Daria O'Neill is married to Dallas Eliuk, a Portland LumberJax Goalieon, on December 31, 2007. This radio personality and Dallas Eliuk welcomed their first child on May 26, 2009, named Alexander Charles Eliuk.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
From 1998-2000 on KRCW, this radio personality earned fame as the weather woman. Daria O'Neill's additional work includes working as an anchor on KPDX at Entertainment Zone from 2004-2006. The morning show host joined The Afternoon Buzz Skippy and Dr. Doug in November 2003. It is a popular radio show telecasted at KRSK.
At that time, Daria O'Neill got Mitch Elliott, a famous DJ based in Seattle, with Ted Douglass, a producer, to create The Afternoon Buzz With Daria, Ted, and Mitch. The signature features of the radio personality were 'Daria's Local Entertainment Guide', written by her. This daily segment contains mixed details about the events in Portland with references from her college days and her early life.
It also includes historical anecdotes and information from the Entertainment Guide released on compact discs. Some of the proceeds have gone to Dove Lewis Animal Hospital.
What awards has Daria O'Neill won?
The show, The Afternoon Buzz With Daria, Ted, and Mitch, has helped her earn the title of Portland's Favorite Radio Personality.
Other Interesting Daria O'Neill Facts And Trivia
- Daria O'Neill works as a television and radio personality to earn a living. At present, she is residing in the United States.
- In 2016, this radio and TV entertainer left the show she was doing at KRSK and returned as a co-host to KNRK. The name of the show was 'Alternative Afternoons With Gustav And Daria'.
- Entercom, a station's parent company, opted not to renew the contract with Daria O'Neill in August 2017.
- After that, in October 2018, Radio Free Daria, a new podcast show, was launched. With that, Daria O'Neill continued writing fiction and appeared in several other events.
- Apart from doing television and radio, Daria O'Neill has made several appearances in fantasy events and the realm of comics while dressed in different characters.
- For Wonder Woman Day, she played the character of Wonder Woman. This event was organized to generate funds for domestic violence cases.
- In 2008, this celebrity performed the live vocal parts for Lara, Superman's mother, in The Superman Orchestra and Lois Lane at Portland's Hollywood Theater.
- In 1998, Daria O'Neill got an offer from WB32 from the marketing director of WB, Jamie McDowell. He has given this opportunity to Daria O'Neill after hearing her on KNRK weekend's show.
- Jamie thought Daria O'Neill would be the right choice for television because of her unconventional and witty spiel. Every day after 6 p.m., Daria O'Neill used to watch the 20-second weather segments to learn more skills.
- In this show, no producer was there, with rarely any camera individual and little training. As Daria O'Neill revealed in an interview, it was both a challenge and a gift for her.
- Daria O'Neill had the freedom to experiment as there was no to-do list. Even though it was fun, the entire task used to take my weekend. WB32 is a show which saw a huge rating after Daria O'Neill hosted it. However, after hosting for a long time, Daria O'Neill left the show as she thought there was no room for growth anymore.
- The general manager of WB spoke to her to continue with the show. However, Daria O'Neill wasn't interested, but she stayed until the year-end and then left on request.
- Daria Eckhardt is not active on any social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
- The Radio Free Daria, hosted by Daria O'Neill, streams on Spotify, and people can listen to it online anytime. Her experience from Down South and Bad Dates had helped her earn more popularity and experience.
We would love your help! If you have a photo of Daria O'Neill, either of them alone or a selfie that you would be happy to share, please send it to [email protected].
If you have knowledge or information that you think would help us improve this article, please contact us.