About Denise Austin
Denise Austin, an American fitness expert, author, writer, and former member of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, was born on February 13, 1957, in California.
President George W. Bush appointed Austin to the President's Council on Physical Benefits of Exercise in 2002. In the '80s, Austin popularised the Reebok Freestyle sneaker, which was the first athletic shoe developed specifically for women, and it became instantly popular.
Her workouts frequently incorporate a range of techniques, such as yoga, Pilates, cross-training, and cardiovascular exercise. Denise Austin has a long-running fitness show on ESPN2 called 'Getting Fit with Denise Austin', which has repeats on ESPN Classic and Altitude Sports and Entertainment. The show was rebranded 'Fit and Lite', as part of 'Denise Austin's Daily Workout' and transferred to Lifetime Television on weekday mornings.
The YouTube channel she appears on belongs to her daughter, Katie Austin, where Denise posts fitness videos, that show how to use aerobic exercise for physical fitness.
Denise Austin Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is Denise Austin’s net worth?
The net worth of Denise Austin is not known.
How much does Denise Austin earn per year?
Adequate details on the annual salary of the physical fitness instructor are unavailable.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is Denise Austin?
Denise Austin is 5 ft 3 in (160 cm) tall.
How old is Denise Austin?
Denise Austin was born in San Pedro, California, on February 13, 1957. She turned 65 years old in February 2022 and her zodiac sign is Aquarius.
Childhood And Education
Austin was born in the Los Angeles neighborhood of San Pedro. She began gymnastics at the age of 12 and went on to receive an athletic scholarship to the University of Arizona.
Family, Romance, And Relationships
Who is Denise Austin’s partner?
Denise is married to Jeff Austin, a sports agent and former tennis player, who is Tracy Austin's brother. Kelly and Katie Austin are their two daughters. Denise and Jeff Austin have been romantically involved since April 30, 1983.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
Denise Austin is a leading name in the fitness world and a worldwide trainer.
No details are known about her charity work.
What awards has Denise Austin won?
Denise Austin attended the University of Arizona on a gymnastics scholarship.
In 2002, President George Bush named her a member of the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.
Denise Austin’s Hobbies And Interests
Denise Austin likes to upload videos on YouTube related to fitness and exercise.
Other Interesting Denise Austin Facts And Trivia
- Denise Austin's exercises, available on DVDs, TV shows, and books, have influenced millions of people. She gives exercise ideas to people over 50 as an AARP Wellness Ambassador.
- Denise is married to Jeff Austin, a sports agent and former tennis player, who is Tracy Austin's brother. They have two kids, Kelly and Katie, and have been married since April 30, 1983.
- Katie, like her mother, is a fitness instructor on her own channel on YouTube. The Austins lived in Alexandria, Virginia, in 2012 and then relocated to Hermosa Beach, California, in 2018.
- Austin was a gymnastics scholarship student at the University of Arizona, where she was placed ninth in the NCAA on the balancing beam. She went on to California State University, Long Beach, where she earned a Bachelor's degree in Physical Education with a focus in exercise physiology.
- Denise Austin, a Texas congresswoman, was appointed to the President's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports in 2002.
- In the '80s, Austin marketed the Reebok Freestyle sneaker, which was the first athletic shoe that was made with women in mind.
- She is well-known for her writings and editorials on physical education.
- Austin is recognized for highlighting the importance of remaining in shape naturally, claiming that she only exercises for 30 minutes each day and doesn't ever skip meals.
- She also favors butter and sugar over sugar substitutes, however, she emphasizes the importance of balancing calorie counting, nutrient content, and exercise.
- Austin advocates for a well-balanced fitness and nutrition program and advises people to avoid fad diets and crazy claims for rapid solutions.
- Her workouts frequently incorporate a range of techniques, such as yoga, Pilates, cross-training, and cardiovascular exercise.
- Denise Austin has a long-running fitness show on ESPN2 called 'Getting Fit with Denise Austin', which has repeats on ESPN Classic and Altitude Sports and Entertainment.
- On her website, she offers a variety of package options to help her audience look and feel great, including her 10-week 'Let's Move Plan', for individuals who want to keep fit and healthy.
- It's not only about the physical workouts for Denise Austin, when it comes to being in shape and living a healthy life, it's also about the attitude.
- On her website, she emphasizes the importance of remaining upbeat and cheerful. Over the course of 10 weeks, her show 'Let's Motivate' is aimed to assist her viewers to focus on that positive energy.
- This fitness instructor explains how simple it is to implement these suggestions, as well as how to share them.
- She believes that being upbeat will help you develop a positive mindset and improve your confidence. Spending as much time as possible with friends and family will keep you feeling fresh and eager.
- Denise Austin, like former First Lady Michelle Obama, is dedicated to keeping people healthy and strong, so one of her passion initiatives is aimed at preventing childhood obesity.
- She has gone to 32 states to help children stay active, as she told 'FabOverFifty', in 2010.
- She offers advice to parents on how to ensure their children get adequate exercise. She advised parents to check how many times their children have P.E. class during the week.
- Denise Austin's daughters relocated to Los Angeles, so she and her husband decided to relocate from their large home in Virginia to a Manhattan Beach condo in order to spend more time on the west coast.
- In 2014, they opened their home as a large estate sale to help with the downsizing, with everything except cherished souvenirs for sale. The revenues from the auction would go toward Austin's ailing niece's medical expenses.
- Denise Austin, the fitness instructor, was designated the next AARP Wellness Ambassador in 2016. Austin took on this responsibility as a result of her sustained performance in the field.
- Austin has been a well-known personality in the fitness field for decades and she has published multiple books, sold over 24 million fitness videos & DVDs, and featured in the then-longest running fitness program in television history.
- Austin changed the way exercise was marketed to her generation, through her unique workout videos.
- Denise Austin, as an author and fitness instructor, over the years has written more than 20 books. It may appear difficult to constantly grow progressively better, but Austin has demonstrated that she is up to the task.
- Her book, 'Get Energy! Empower Your Body, Love Your Life', was well-received when it was released in 2010. All of her writings emphasize the significance of fitness and healthy living advice.
Editorial credit: Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com