About Hoke Howell
The Atlanta, Georgia-born actor Hoke Howell played memorable roles in his long and illustrious career.
Hoke Howell interestingly kicked off his career as an actor working in several theater productions. The character actor had a distinct accent and personality due to his South Carolina upbringing, which played a pivotal role in his acting career.
Born in 1929, Hoke Howell spent a considerable part of his early life in his hometown. Hoke Howell made his debut on Broadway in the famous 'Make A Million'. Apart from movies, Hoke Howell was a regular face on the television, appearing in many roles in the '70s and '80s. Scroll down to learn more about this American actor, writer, and producer.
Hoke Howell Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What was Hoke Howell's net worth?
Hoke Howell passed away long back in 1997, but the net worth of the late actor was believed to be around $3 million.
How much did Hoke Howell earn per year?
Although the exact annual income of Hoke Howell is unknown, it is believed that the late actor earned the majority of his income and garnered a massive net worth from his roles in movies and television shows.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall was Hoke Howell?
Hoke Howell was a tall, well-built man standing 6 ft (182.88 cm).
How old was Hoke Howell?
Hoke Howell was born on August 27, 1929, and passed away on May 9, 1997, in California when he was 68 years old.
Childhood And Education
During his childhood, Hoke Howell was known as John Hoke Howell Jr., growing up in Sumner, Georgia, USA. Hoke Howell was born and brought up in South Carolina, which influenced his acting career, especially his accent and personality. Regarding his education, Hoke Howell undertook graduation from the prestigious 'American Academy of Dramatic Arts' in 1956.
Family, Romance, And Relationships
Who was Hoke Howell's partner?
Hoke Howell was married to Patsy Joann Stewart from 1952-1992, during which the couple had three children as well.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
Among all the roles played by the Georgia-born actor and writer, Hoke Howell is best remembered for his role as 'Jeremy Darnel' in the TV series 'McCloud' in 1975, the 'desert bartender' in the renowned 1990 film 'Another 48 Hrs.' Moreover, in the latter years of his career, Hoke Howell played the role of an old man in the 1992 TV series "Bodies of Evidence" and as a crew boss in 'Far and Away' which earned him heaps of praise.
Other Interesting Hoke Howell Facts And Trivia
- Hoke Howell had a long and diverse acting career featuring in several movies and television series, including the likes of 'Geronimo: An American legend' playing the role of 'Billy Pickett', Klansman in 1974, playing the role of 'Bobby Poteet' and several other roles as well.
- One can get an idea of Hoke Howell's versatility from the fact that he played a minor role in the 1961 film 'Splendor in the Grass' and later portrayed the role of Preacher in 'Grand Theft Auto'. Did you know that Hoke Howell was also a part of the renowned 1984 TV series 'The Fall Guy' and featured in 1997 as 'Sweetie' in 'Vice Girls', adding more versatility to his acting career.
- Interestingly, many people are unaware that Hoke Howell starred in the 1964 TV series 'The Virginian' and 'McHale's Navy', playing the role of 'Corporal' and 'Bertrand', respectively.
- Both the roles received huge critical appreciation, which boosted Hoke Howell's acting career.
- Not much is known about the early family life of Hoke Howell, including his parents, but the writer and actor were married for 40 years, during which he became father to three children as well. When Hoke Howell passed away in 1997, he was divorced from his wife, Patsy Joann Stewart.
We would love your help! If you have a photo of Hoke Howell, either of them alone or a selfie that you would be happy to share, please send it to [email protected].
If you have knowledge or information that you think would help us improve this article, please contact us.