About Jack Gilpin
John Mitchell Gilpin (Jack Gilpin) is an American actor and Episcopal priest well-known for appearing in the romance comedy movie 'Adventureland'.
Jack was born on May 31, 1951, in Boyce, Virginia. He graduated from Phillips Exeter Academy and Harvard University.
As an actor, Jack Gilpin has taken several recurring and guest-acting roles. Coupled with his acting career, Jack is an Episcopal priest at St John's Episcopal Church in New Milford, Connecticut. He is the father of American actress Betty Gilpin and two other children, Sam Gilpin, and Harry Gilpin.
Click here to know more about his bio, career, lifestyle, and net worth of Gilpin.
Jack Gilpin’s Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is Jack Gilpin’s net worth?
Jack Gilpin has made fortune working as an actor. His net worth is approximately $1.5 million.
How much does Jack Gilpin earn per year?
Currently, there is no information regarding Jack Gilpin's income per year.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is Jack Gilpin?
Jack Gilpin is 6 ft (183 cm) tall.
How old is Jack Gilpin?
Jack Gilpin is one of the millions of people born on May 31. He celebrates his birthday yearly on this day. In 2022, he became 71 years old.
Childhood And Education
John Mitchell Gilpin (Jack Gilpin) was born in Boyce, Virginia on May 31, 1951. Gilpin is the son of American businessman Kenneth Newcomer Gilpin and Lucy Trumbull (Mitchell). Gilpin's ancestors were prominent men in the American government and military. His paternal great-grandfather Lawrence Tyson, was an American general and politician. His maternal grandfather Gen. William 'Billy' Mitchell was a hero in World War I and an aviation pioneer. Jack Gilpin is also related to Drew Gilpin Faust. Drew Gilpin is Jack's first cousin and a former president of Harvard University (2007-2018).
Jack Gilpin studied and graduated from Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter, New Hampshire. He graduated from the academy in 1969. Gilpin is also an alumnus of Harvard University graduating from the prestigious university in 1973. In addition, the American actor studied acting at Neighborhood Playhouse School of the theatre in New York City.
Family, Romance, And Relationships
Who is Jack Gilpin’s partner?
Jack Gilpin is married to American actress Ann Mcdonough. Ann is well-known for acting in movies like 'The Mothman Prophecies' and 'Moonstruck', and has been married to Jack since December 14, 1985 (37 years).
Ann Mcdonough and Jack Gilpin have three children together, Betty Gilpin (actress), Sam Gilpin, and Harry Gilpin.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known As…
- Jack Gilpin is best known as an American actor. He is well known for appearing in several movies and series like '21' and 'Adventureland'.
- Jack Gilpin started his acting career in 1981 at the age of 30. He played 'Librarian' in the television film 'As The World Turns'. Gilpin played the recurring role of 'Roger' on the TV series 'Kate & Allie'. The six-season TV series aired on CBS from May 19, 1984-May 22, 1989.
- Gilpin was a supporting cast in 'Something Wild'. He played 'Larry Dillman' in the American comedy romance drama that lasted for 113 minutes. In 1990, Jack Gilpin played the role of 'Peter Macintosh' in 'Reversal Of Fortune'. The movie was written by Alan Dershowitz (an American professor of Law) and directed by Barbet Schroeder.
- Gilpin also played the role of 'Simon Longfellow' in 'The Boys Of Sunset Ridge'. Famous actors like John Heard, Burt Young, and Brian Tochi also had roles in the 2001 American comedy-drama.
- In 2005, Jack Gilpin was a minor cast in 'The Notorious Bettie Page' in which he played 'Roy Page'. The movie speaks of a naive Bettie Page who ended up being a fetish model despite her initial aspiration of being an actress.
- Jack Gilpin played the role of Bob Phillips in the 2008 fact-based film '21'. In the film, Gilpin's character 'Bob Phillips' is an interviewer of the fictional 'Robinson Scholarship' interviewing student candidates wanting to be a beneficiary of the scholarship at Harvard Medical School. Gilpin's role appears in the first and last scenes of the movie.
- Apart from being an actor, Jack Gilpin is also an Episcopal priest at the St John's Episcopal Church in New Milford, Connecticut. Gilpin was a deacon at the same church before his ordination on December 15, 2012. He started his ministry as a lay preacher at Christ Church in Roxbury, Connecticut. He lives with his wife Ann Mcdonough in Connecticut.
We would love your help! If you have a photo of Jack Gilpin, either of them alone or a selfie that you would be happy to share, please send it to [email protected]. If you have knowledge or information that you think would help us improve this article, please contact us.