About Jennifer Lee
Jennifer Lee is best known as the screenwriter of the action-adventure animated film 'Frozen'.
She was also the screenwriter for 'Frozen 2'. In order to make the movies more inclined towards the comedy genre, Jennifer Lee also worked with Chris Buck.
Lee is also known for being the chief creative officer at the Walt Disney Animation Studios. This Academy award-winning screenwriter and film director have proven her mettle through her amazing work in 'Frozen' as well as by breaking box office records.
Jennifer Lee was born on October 22, 1971, and she was raised in East Providence with her elder sister. She is well educated and was even the commencement speaker for her alma mater. She started working in the entertainment industry after completing her master's degree and was later awarded a doctorate in Humane Letters. She is also famous for being married to the English writer, actor, and director, Alfred Molina. Keep reading to learn more about Jennifer Lee, her career as a screenwriter and director, as well as her personal life!
Jennifer Lee Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is Jennifer Lee’s net worth?
Jennifer Lee's net worth is estimated to be around $12 million. She has accumulated this great fortune through her work as a screenwriter, director, and producer.
How much does Jennifer Lee earn per year?
While Jennifer Lee's annual income is not known, her net worth suggests that she is a well-paid professional.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is Jennifer Lee?
Jennifer Lee's height is 5 ft 6 in (163 cm)!
How old is Jennifer Lee?
Jennifer Lee was born on October 22, 1971. She is 50 years old as of 2021.
Childhood And Education
Jennifer Lee was born and brought up in Barrington, East Providence, Rhode Island. Her parents are Saverio Rebecchi and Linda Lee. She also grew up around an elder sister named Amy, who is now a teacher of the English language.
After graduating from high school, Jennifer Lee first attended the University of New Hampshire where she earned a bachelor's degree in English. After this, the future screen-writer went to Columbia University in order to complete her master's degree as well. She was also given a Doctorate in Humane Letters by UNH.
Family, Romance And Relationships
Who is Jennifer Lee’s partner?
Jennifer Lee is married to the English writer, and actor, Alfred Molina.
Previously, she was married to Robert Monn. The couple also had a child when they were married, named Agatha Lee Monn.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
Jennifer Lee is best known for the movies that she has written and directed. She is known for the 'Frozen' movie series that she created with Disney and also became the first woman to direct a movie in the Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Not only this, but Jennifer Lee is also the chief creative officer at the Walt Disney Animation Studios. With 'Frozen', she also became the first woman whose directorial work (for a feature film) grossed over $1 billion at the box office.
Since then, Jennifer Lee has worked on a number of movies such as 'Frozen 2' and 'Wreck-it Ralph'.
What awards has Jennifer Lee won?
Jennifer Lee has been graced with an Academy Award for the Best Animated Feature Film of the Year, for her spectacular work in 'Frozen'. She won this award in 2014. In the same year, she also won a Saturn Award for Best Writing and a BAFTA award for the Best Animated Film.
Other Interesting Jennifer Lee Facts And Trivia
- Jennifer Lee was named Jennifer Lee Michelle Rebecchi at birth.
- Her parents' names are Sav Rebecchi and Linda Lee. She also grew up with an elder sister named Amy.
- Lee and her sibling were born and brought up in East Providence, Barrington in Rhode Island.
- Lee attended high school in East Providence, Rhode Island, and then went on to study at the Columbia University School of Arts. She studied the film program at this prestigious institution. Here she completed her master's degree in Fine Arts.
- One of the little-known facts about Jennifer Lee is that she was the commencement speaker for the University of New Hampshire, and was also later given a Doctorate by the same institution.
- She is a screenwriter and is best known for her work in the Disney feature film named 'Frozen'.
- This was a major project in her life, and she also became the first woman to direct a feature film for Disney. She was also the first woman whose directorial work (for a feature film) reached a gross of $1 billion at the box office.
- Some of the other films that she has received screen credit for would-be 'Wreck-It Ralph', 'Frozen' and 'Frozen 2'.
- She was also the co-film director for another feature film named 'Frozen Fever'.
- Jennifer Lee is also known for being the chief creative officer at the Walt Disney Animation Studios and has received several awards for her work.
- She is known to have worked with the famous Chris Buck.
- Jennifer Lee was previously married to Robert Monn and also had a daughter with him during their years together.
- Her daughter's name is Agatha Lee Monn, and her voice can be heard on the soundtrack of 'Frozen'.
- Jennifer Lee is also a producer and has worked on a few projects.
- Her husband, Alfred Molina, is also a producer, actor, and writer.
- She and her husband are residents of Los Angeles, California.
- Her first project was 'Wreck-It-Ralph' on which she was a screenwriter.
We would love your help! If you have a photo of Jennifer Lee, either of them alone or a selfie that you would be happy to share, please send it to [email protected]. If you have knowledge or information that you think would help us improve this article, please contact us.