About Jhonny Peralta
Jhonny Antonio Peralta, a retired professional baseball shortstop as well as third baseman from the Dominican Republic, was born on May 28, 1982.
He played 15 seasons for Major League Baseball (MLB). In the native Dominican Republic, the Cleveland Indians recruited him as an amateur free agent in 1999.
On June 12, 2003, he earned his major league debut for the Indians. Peralta later played for the St. Louis Cardinals and Detroit Tigers. Peralta is a capable power hitter who has mediocre defensive stats. He is right-handed, weighs 225 lbs, is 6 ft and 2 in (1.88 m) tall, and bats and throws right (102 kg).
Jhonny Peralta Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is Jhonny Peralta’s net worth?
Jhonny Peralta has a net worth of $12 million.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is Jhonny Peralta?
Jhonny Peralta stands 6 ft 2 in (188cm) tall.
How old is Jhonny Peralta?
Born on May 28, 1982, Jhonny Peralta is 39 years old as of 2022.
Childhood And Education
Baseball player Jhonny Peralta is quite popular. His country of birth is the Dominican Republic. Jhonny is widely known as an MLB infielder who, while playing for the Detroit Tigers in 2011, was selected for his first-ever All-Star game. In 2013, he signed a contract for $53 million with St. Louis Cardinals.
Family, Romance, And Relationships
Who is Jhonny Peralta’s partner?
Molly Peralta is the wife of Peralta. The twins, Gabriela Rose and Laina Katherine are among the couple's three kids.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
After being recruited by Cleveland Indians in 1999, he started playing amateur baseball at the Class A level. He is an MLB infielder who acquired a $53 million contract from the St. Louis Cardinals in 2013 after being selected to play in his first-ever All-Star game with the Detroit Tigers in 2011. He and Woodie Held are the only shortstops with a minimum of 20 home runs in Indians' history.
He has a professional batting average of .267 through the 2014 season, with 1,516 hits, 177 home runs, as well as around 800 runs batted in. With his 17th home run of that year on August 20, Peralta broke another shortstop Renteria-set team record. The Red Sox defeated the Tigers throughout the American League Championship Series, despite the Tigers subsequently winning the ALDS.
What awards has Jhonny Peralta won?
The most doubles ever for the Bisons in the modern era were 44, which he also hit, and 39 by Kevin Pillar in 2014. He also batted 109 runs. In addition to helping Buffalo win the Governors' Cup as the International League winners, this offensive leap helped him earn an International League Most Valuable Player Award that year.
Other Interesting Jhonny Peralta Facts And Trivia
- His 78 RBI and 24 HR broke Indians shortstop records. Peralta committed to a five-year deal with a sixth-year option on March 10, 2006, which kept him with the Indians through the 2011 campaign.
- He had stints with the Columbus RedStixx, Double-A Akron Aeros, Kinston Indians, and Buffalo Bisons, among other groups. He moved up to the Carolina League Kinston Indians, the High-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, for the season.
- As of late August, Cleveland was trailing the New York Yankees as well as Oakland Athletics by one game in the battle for the Wild Card after winning 23 from their next 33 games.
- Peralta hit.303 with a.398 on-base percentage, 514 slugging percentage, and 41% of his hits resulted in extra bases.
- Peralta is a capable solid hitter who has mediocre defensive stats. However, he has grown to be an above-average defender over the course of his career.
We would love your help! If you have a photo of Jhonny Peralta, either of them alone or a selfie that you would be happy to share, please send it to [email protected].
If you have knowledge or information that you think would help us improve this article, please contact us.