About John Kerry
John Kerry is a respected member of the Democratic party and was appointed as the US ' Secretary of State' during the Obama administration from 2013-2017.
John Kerry, formally known as John Forbes Kerry, is a part of the Forbes family. John Kerry was among the many Vietnam veterans who eventually became anti-war activists.
Upon returning from the Vietnam war, John Kerry assumed the office of the Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts. People often recognize Kerry as Senator John Kerry for serving as the US Senator from Massachusetts for 28 years from 1985-2013. John Kerry completed his graduation from Yale University, following which he enlisted in the United States Naval Reserve and eventually became a Lieutenant. During his time in the Vietnam war, John Kerry was posted for a tour of duty in South Vietnam for a four-month-long period. After John Kerry returned from Vietnam, he was awarded the Bronze Star Medal and the Silver Star Medal, among many other Vietnam veterans. Scroll down to learn more about this member of the 'Senate Committee on Foreign Relations.'
John Kerry's Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is John Kerry's net worth?
John Kerry's net worth is believed to be around the $250 million mark. A large section of Kerry's net worth is related to the Forbes family, as John Kerry is believed to have inherited a minimum of four Forbes family trusts following the death of his mother, Rosemary Forbes Kerry, in 2002. Due to their massive wealth, Kerry and his wife are believed to own six houses alongside multiple yachts and a number of cars.
How much does John Kerry earn per year?
The annual income of John Kerry is largely unknown.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is John Kerry?
John Kerry stands tall at 6 ft 3 in (193 cm).
How old is John Kerry?
On December 11, 1943, John Kerry was born in Aurora, Colorado, United States. The former Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts turns 79 this December 2022.
Childhood And Education
Kerry was born in Aurora, Colorado, but moved to Washington at the age of seven, along with his family. His father's job at the 'Department of the Navy's Office of General Counsel' led to the entire family shifting to Washington. Early on in his life, John Kerry attended the elite boarding school, Institut Montana Zugerberg, located in Switzerland, funded by his aunt, who had enormous wealth. Kerry later gained his education at the Fessenden School in Newton, Massachusetts, after which he joined the St. Paul's School in Concord, New Hampshire. During his time at St. Paul's School, Kerry developed an interest in politics and honed his public speaking skills. John Kerry was also a student at Yale University, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in political science. Although Kerry did not have the best grades during his time at Yale, he took part in various debates and was also a part of the Yale Bulldogs men's soccer team. After his time in the Vietnam war, Kerry kicked off his career in law by enrolling at the Boston College Law School in September 1973, from where he earned his Juris Doctor later in 1976.
Family, Romance, And Relationships
Who is John Kerry's partner?
John Kerry is currently married to Teresa Heinz, who was the widow of John Heinz, the inheritor of Heinz ketchup business. The couple married in 1995 and have since been together, although they do not have any own children. Teresa is the mother of three sons whom she had with John Heinz.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
In recent times, John Kerry is best recognized for being the special envoy for climate under the Special Presidential Envoy for Climate organized by Joe Biden. Kerry was nominated as a principal on the National Security Council for this role. He took charge of the office on January 20, 2021, following the beginning of Biden's administrative rule. At the same time, Kerry is widely recognized for holding the 'United States Senator from Massachusetts' office for 28 years, from 1985-2013.
What awards has John Kerry won?
In Germany, John Kerry was awarded the 'Grand Cross 1st class of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany.' While in France, John Kerry was honored with the 'Grand Officer of the Legion of Honour.'
Other Interesting John Kerry Facts And Trivia
- John Kerry was born to Rosemary Forbes and Richard John Kerry in 1943. John Kerry was the second child of the couple out of a total of four.
- He was raised alongside his elder sister, Margaret, and his younger siblings, Diana and Cameron. Kerry is believed to have dated Janet Auchincloss during his time at Yale University.
- Kerry tied the knot with Julia Thorne back in 1970, but they parted ways officially in 1988, although Julia had asked John Kerry for a divorce in 1982 itself. The couple gave birth to two daughters, Vanessa Kerry and Alexandra Kerry. Julia Thorne sadly passed away in April 2006 following her long-fought battle with cancer.
- In 1966, John Kerry started his military career when he joined the Naval reserve and was then posted in South Vietnam from 1968-1969. Along with the bronze star and the silver star, Kerry also managed to earn the Purple Hearts for his service in Vietnam.
- Following his time at war, Kerry joined the Vietnam Veterans Against the War and is widely recognized for speaking before the 'Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs' where
- Kerry began his political career in 1972 when he entered the scene as a Democrat candidate. John Kerry was also the opponent of George W. Bush in the 2004 Presidential elections.
- John Kerry is famous for being the 68th US Secretary of State from February 1, 2013 - January 20, 2017, under the administration of Barack Obama. Interestingly, Barack Obama himself had nominated Kerry to succeed Hillary Clinton as the Secretary of State following her tenure.
- During his time as the Secretary of State, Kerry initiated peace talks between Israel and Palestine. He was also responsible for signing the famous 2016 Paris Agreement concerning climate change.
- Earlier, Kerry came into the limelight when Kerry voted for the TARP bailout or the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008. The Colorado-born diplomat also held the 'Chair of the Senate Small Business Committee' on two different occasions. His first tenure lasted from June 2001 - January 2003, and he took over the office once again from January 2007 - January 2009.
- John Kerry is known to have the most distance that is ever traveled by a US Secretary of state.
- It is believed that a contributing factor to John Kerry's net worth is his marriage with Teresa Heinz, who was the widow of John Heinz, the inheritor of Heinz ketchup. Terese inherited a significant chunk of Heinz fortune, which shot up her net worth to around $750 million - $1.2 billion.
We would love your help! If you have a photo of John kerry, either of them alone or a selfie that you would be happy to share, please send it to [email protected] you have knowledge or information that you think would help us improve this article, please contact us.