About Louise Goffin
Louise Goffin is an American singer, songwriter, and instrumentalist.
She is also the producer of the album ‘A Holiday Carole,’ which was nominated for Grammy Awards. She was born on March 23, 1960, in Brooklyn, New York City, United States.
Louise Goffin's Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is Louise Goffin’s net worth?
Louise Goffin has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million.
How much does Louise Goffin earn per year?
The annual income of Louise Goffin is not known.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is Louise Goffin?
Louise Goffin’s height is around 5 ft 4 in (165 cm).
How old is Louise Goffin?
Louise Goffin was born on March 23, 1960, and as of the year 2022, she is 62 years old.
Childhood And Education
Louise Goffin was born in Brooklyn, New York City. The singer celebrates her birthday on March 23. She is the eldest child born to very famous parents and was kept away from the public eye, along with her sisters, by their parents.
Louise Goffin attended the Los Angeles University High School’s Interdisciplinary Program School in 1975, where she used the nickname Lakshme.
Louise Goffin entered the music world with her sister, Sherry, in 1974 when she was just 14 years old. The girls provided vocals for their mother’s song 'Nightingale' on the album 'Wrap Around Joy.' In 1975, she sang backing vocals for her mother’s 'Really Rosie' and 'Simple Things' in 1977.
Louise Goffin was born in 1960 to popular songwriters Carole King and Gerry Goffin. She has three younger sisters, Sherry Goffin, Molly, and Levi.
Louise Goffin was previously married to Greg Wells, but they got separated. They had two sons together.
Family, Romance, And Relationships
Who is Louise Goffin dating?
Louise Goffin is not married to anyone as of 2022. She was previously married to the musician Greg Wells.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
Louise Goffin has released various albums as a solo artist, such as ‘Kid Blue’ (Artist/ Songwriter, 1979), ‘Louise Goffin’ (Artist/ Songwriter, 1981), ‘This is the Place’ (Artist/ Songwriter, 1988), ‘Sometimes A Circle’ (Artist/ Songwriter, 2002), ‘Bad Little Animals’ (Artist/ Co-writer/ Producer, 2009), ‘Songs From The Mine’ (Artist/ Co-writer/ Co-producer, 2014), ‘Appleonfire’ (Artist/ Co-writer/ Co-producer, 2015), ‘The Essential Louise Griffin, Volume 1’ (2016), ‘All These Hellos’ (2018) and ‘Two Different Movies’ (2020).
Louise Goffin has co-written and co-produced ‘Carole King: A Holiday Carole’ (2011).
Louise Goffin has also released numerous singles such as ‘A Natural Woman’ (2016), ‘Fifth of July’ (2017), ‘Revenge (ft. Skylar Gudasz)/ Bird of Paradise’ (2017), ‘Let Me in Again/ A Fine Surprise’ (2017), ‘New Year’s Day (ft. Billy Valentine)’ (2017), ‘Good Times Call’ (2018), ‘All These Hellos (ft. Billy Harvey)’ (2018), ‘Is It Too Late to Hold on Tight’ (2018), ‘My Love Supreme’ (2019), ‘Safe Place To Land’ (2020), ‘Every Love Song’ (2020), ‘Oh My God (ft. Van Dyke Parks)’ (2020), ‘Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked’ (2020) and ‘The Mistress of Killer Riley James’ (2021).
The multi-instrumentalist and singer has kept on releasing her hits through the 'Majority Of One', including songs from 'The Mine' album, which highlights backing vocals from Alice Cooper and Johnny Depp on 'Watching The Sky Turn Blue,' 'Appleonfire,' a tribute EP to her late father, 'The Essential Louise Goffin, Vol. 1', consolidating features from her past three records with new recordings, and numerous singles.
Throughout her career journey, Goffin has worked with other popular musicians as a side-woman. Goffin is present in the Bryan Ferry's Video 'I Put a Spell on You,' playing the banjo. Moreover, She went on to play guitar on tour in 1997, accompanying 'Tears for Fears.'
Goffin and co-host Paul Zollo began the podcast 'The Great Song Adventure' In 2018.
Louise Goffin works in a partnership with the charitable organization WriteGirl. She teaches songwriting to teen girls who come from disadvantaged backgrounds with the help of the organization.
What awards has Louise Goffin won?
Even though she has an exceptional musical career, Louise Goffin has won many nominations but no mentionable awards yet.
Louise Goffin’s Hobbies And Interests
Louise Goffin likes to read and write. She also loves spending time with her family.
Other Interesting Louise Goffin Facts And Trivia
- Louise Goffin has been serving the music industry since the year 1974. When she was just 14 years old, she started her career.
- She gave her first public performance opening for Jackson Browne at The Troubadour when she was just 17 years old.
- Her debut album 'Kid Blue,' produced by Danny Kortchmar, was released on Elektra/Asylum in 1979.
- Louise Goffin’s zodiac sign is Aries, as she celebrates her birthday in March.
- Louise Goffin comes from a very well-known family, but she established her distinguished name in the music industry through her determination, skills, and talent. At the age of 62, she has no plans to retire anytime soon and hence, proves an inspiration for her fans.
- She accumulates her net worth from her music career.
- Sherry Goffin, Levi Larkey, Molly Larkey, and Dawn Reavis are her siblings.
- She gave a shot to pursuing a career in music, followed by the release of 'Kid Blue' in 1979. Additionally, a self-titled album came up in 1981. She worked on 'Uptown Boys' a year later at Ridgemont High soundtrack. Her third album, titled, 'This Is the Place,' got featured on Warner Bros.
- 'This Is the Place,' released in 1988, included the VH1 video hit 'Bridge of Sighs.' The following UK album was recorded 1990-1 at Astoria Studios, a houseboat built-in 1911 for and once owned by impresario Fred Karno, now a recording studio owned by David Gilmour of Pink Floyd.
- Nonetheless, she forged on to release major songs and did more collaborations during the '70s. In 2oo2, the artist released the album 'Sometimes A Circle' through the Dream Works Label.
- She became the creative director of The Goffin & King Foundation.
- She is also the co-founder of the Rocket Carousel Studio in Los Angeles, where stars like Katy Perry and Natasha Bedingfield have recorded music.