About Tim Ryan
Timothy John Ryan, otherwise known as Tim Ryan, is an American politician and lawyer from Ohio.
Since 2013, he has been serving as the US representative for Ohio's 13th congressional district. He was born on July 16, 1973, in Niles, Ohio, The United States, and is a member of the Democratic Party.
The Bowling Green State University graduate declared his candidacy for the 17th district in 2003 and, fortunately, won the election that same year. In the general election, he faced Ann Womer Benjamin, the Republican Insurance Commissioner. He previously served in the Ohio Senate from 2001-2002.
Tim Ryan's Net Worth, Earnings & Spending Habits
What is Tim Ryan's net worth?
Tim Ryan has an approximate net worth of $2 million.
How much does Tim Ryan earn per year?
Tim Ryan earns around $300,000 per year through his work as a politician.
Height, Age & Physical Attributes
How tall is Tim Ryan?
The Green State University graduate Tim Ryan's height is around 5 ft 10 in (178 cm).
How old is Tim Ryan?
Tim Ryan was born on July 16, 1973, and as of 2021, he is 48 years old.
Childhood And Education
Tim Ryan was born in Niles, Ohio, the US, in 1973. Born to Allen Leroy Ryan and Rochelle Maria (Rizzi), Ryan is of Irish and Italian ancestry.
Tim Ryan attended John F. Kennedy High School in Warren. He was a quarterback on the high school's football team and also coached junior high basketball. Youngstown State University recruited him to play football, but his knee injury ended his passion for football. Ryan transferred to Bowling Green State University and graduated with a bachelor of arts in political science degree in 1995. After his graduation, he joined the staff of Ohio congressman, Jim Traficant. At the college, he was a member of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity. He received a Juris Doctor degree from Franklin Pierce Law Center in Concord, New Hampshire, in 2000.
Tim Ryan was born to Allen Leroy Ryan and Rochelle Maria (Rizzi) in Niles, Ohio, in 1973. When Tim Ryan was seven years old, his parents got divorced, and his mother raised him. He was raised by his mother, Rochelle Ryan, and his grandparents.
Tim Ryan met Andrea Zetts in 2008 and married her in 2013. They had a son Brady together in 2014 and two children, Mason and Bella, from Andrea's previous relationship.
Family, Romance, And Relationships
Who is Tim Ryan's Partner?
Tim Ryan married his second wife, Andrea Zetts, an elementary school teacher, in April 2013 in a private ceremony in New York City. They had a son in 2014 and have two children from Andrea's previous relationship.
Career And Professional Highlights
Best Known For…
After graduating from college, the Green State University graduate Tim Ryan joined the staff of congressman Jim Traficant starting his political career. Ryan also served in the Ohio state senate for half a term from 2000-2002, after receiving a Juris Doctor.
Tim Ryan is a member of the Democratic Party and succeeded Anthony Latell as a member of the Ohio Senate from the 32nd district from January 3, 2001 - December 19, 2002. Later, the Ohio Senate member Ryan assumed the office as a member of the US House of Representatives from the 17th district of Ohio from 2003-2013 and the 13th district from 2013- present. When he took office in January 2003, he was the youngest Democrat in the house, at 29 years of age.
Tim Ryan wrote a book called 'A Mindful Nation.' It is based on the practice of mindfulness in private and public lives. Hay House published it in March 2012. In October 2014, another book by him was published by the same publisher, titled 'The Real Food Revolution.'
Tim Ryan's Hobbies and Interests
Tim Ryan likes reading and writing.
Other Interesting Tim Ryan Facts And Trivia
- Timothy John Ryan, also known as Tim Ryan, is an American politician and a famous political figure in the United States.
- Tim Ryan attracted criticism from politicians and Asian American groups in one of his campaign ads for the 2022 US senate election. He blamed China for the loss of American jobs.
- Tim Ryan currently resides in Howland Township near Warren, Ohio, with his family. His parents got separated when Tim was only seven years old. His mother raised him.
- Ryan's Twitter handle has more than 252,000 followers (@TimRyan).
- Tim Ryan has more than 22,000 followers on Instagram (@reptimryan).
- During his tenure in the John F. Kennedy High School, he even coached junior high basketball. Ryan was even recruited to play football at Youngstown State University. However, he had a knee injury that ended his playing career.
- After this, he was transferred to Bowling Green State University, where he received a degree in political science in 1995. In his college, as a political science student, he was also a member of the Delta Tau Delta fraternity. After his graduation in political science, he joined the staff of an Ohio congressman. He also earned a Juris Doctor degree.
- In his primary year in office in 2003, he was one of the seven congress members to vote against the Do-Not-Call Implementation Act. He was one of the eight members to vote against the implementation of the FTC's National Do Not Call Registry.
- Ryan voted for Stupak Amendment, which tended to limit federal funding for abortions. However, in a few months, he announced that he had gained better insight into the complexities and emotions that accompany the different decisions over his time in public office. In 2010, Ryan also introduced the currency reform for Fair Trade Act.
- The democratic party member Ryan represents Ohio's 13th congressional district. Most people don't know, but he was also the first elected into congress in 2003. Now, he is serving in the House of Representatives for the eighth time.
- In 2010, Timothy Ryan was involved in the introduction of the currency reform for the Fair Trade Act and which is supposed to bring punitive trade tariffs on countries, specifically China, as they were engaging in currency manipulation. While the act received an overwhelming response from the house, it did not make it to the senate.
- Ryan further chairs the subcommittee on the legislative branch, and the investigation is taking place on the 2021 storming of the US Capitol.
- After the 2018 midterms, he was seen as a good candidate for the 2020 presidential election. His presidential campaign officially began on April 4, 2019. He traveled to Lowa and New Hampshire. However, Ryan qualified for only two debates and continuously polled below 1% nationwide. After this, Ryan withdrew from the race on October 24, 2019.
- According to different sources, the net worth of Timothy John Ryan could be estimated at around $2 million.
- There was also a controversy revolving around Tim Ryan. A Ryan campaign ad repeatedly blamed China for the loss of American jobs. He attracted criticism from politicians and Asian American groups for encouraging Sinophobia and anti-Asian hate. After the incident, Representative Greg Meng called him to stop airing it.
- Most of the money that he spent in 2017 and 2018 went to operating expenditures like video production, digital media, and fundraising events. However, according to the federal election commission report, the committee gave $132,000 to the foundation, political organization, and other campaign accounts. The biggest recipients turned out to be the companies that support gun control measures and democratic congressional candidates from across the country.
- People who contributed $200 or less to his campaign made only about 8.3% of his total contributions, while other individual and political action committees making donations of more than the said number accounted for the rest. His contributors were from, and the third of his donors were females, and this is unlike other candidates who raked a majority of their recent contributions from women, according to the analysis done by the center for public integrity.
- Timothy John Ryan has also written a few books, which have been published. It includes 'A Mindful Nation' which talks about the importance of mindfulness in every aspect of life.
- In October 2014, the same publishing house published another book by Ryan called 'The Real Food Revolution,' which talks about the importance and necessity of changing the US food system for the better. This book has received great responses from readers. According to them, this book is brilliantly written.
- Timothy John Ryan has had an excellent career as a lawyer and as an American politician.
Photo Credits: Juli Hansen /Shutterstock