If your teenagers are missing their weekly yoga classes or it's a new hobby you think they may benefit from, we have just what you've been looking for. Better Together Dorset is offering the perfect live-streamed yoga class for teens on YouTube and Facebook. There's no need to travel to a yoga studio, you can do these classes in the comfort of your own home.
There are many benefits of yoga - and research suggest that teens and young adults can cash in on the same benefits that older yogis do. Yoga has been shown to help reduce stress, improve mood and mental health, and promote physical fitness. For most people who practise yoga, wellbeing improves drastically.
In this teen yoga session, your yoga teacher will teach you many different poses and give you some visualisation and breathing exercises. Whether they're new to the activity or a frequent visitor to your local studio, these awesome sessions will build your teenager's self-confidence, improve their sleep, declutter their mind, strengthen their body and give them an 'I can' attitude. Classes take the format of a typical yoga session, with warmups and fun dynamic exercises. Plus, there will be fun games, which is just another way to explore your body's strength. And the best bit? It's great fun with no competitions and comparisons.
If you miss any live classes on the day, don't worry as you can still get a chance to experience this class on YouTube or Facebook soon after they've been streamed. Yoga is about much more than fitness - this holistic session will leave your teenagers feeling great and positive to face the day! Improve your yoga, wellbeing and physical health at home in this awesome session. If your teen is interested in trying out another new skill, why not check out these online ballet classes.
What you’ll need
- No need for a visit to a studio - just make sure you have some quiet space and a yoga mat.
- The yoga teacher will provide a playlist prior to the class, which they will provide on Facebook.
- Strong WiFi connection for the best user experience.
What you’ll do
- Live classes run each week. The times change each week, so check the online timetable on Facebook.
- These are live 50-minute teen yoga classes where you will be practising breathing, mindfulness and yoga.
- If you have younger kids, check out YogaBeez classes instead.