Dubbed 'the nation's PE teacher', personal trainer Joe Wicks runs daily 30-minute workout sessions for kids at 9am every day during term time. He has pledged to donate all money raised to the NHS - another reason to subscribe and follow his classes at home!
Every session starts off with a warm-up routine before going into exercises tailored to kids, such as 'Spiderman lunges'. Joe also throws in a few trivia questions to keep everyone's minds active! If you're not quite ready at 9am, he records each session and posts it to his YouTube channel so you can watch it at any time. If you want a slightly more intense family workout for older kids, why not try the Boostys Corona Buster sessions or attempt a HIIT workout instead?
What you'll need
- A good WiFi connection
- Join the class a couple of minutes early to make sure you start on time
- Make sure everyone following the class is wearing comfy clothes and trainers
- Ensure there is enough space for everyone to jump around
- Have a bottle of water handy
What you'll do
- The session is split into two 12-minute sessions with a short break in between.
- Joe demonstrates each exercise and shows you how to simplify it or make it harder according to your level.
- There's a warm up session at the start and a warm down at the end.