Have you been looking for engaging ballet classes online? Are your kids desperately missing their weekly ballet sessions? The Ballet Coach, Sarah Du-Feu is offering the perfect live-streamed ballet class on YouTube and Facebook. She's teaching kids and adults mid-level ballet moves, with plenty of barre work during the lockdown.
Aimed at kids 8-13 at mid-level range, these sessions are the ideal way to get your kids back to the barre. If your children are complete beginners, you could check out The Ballet Coach's class for younger kids instead, or her toddler-friendly session. These awesome sessions will build self-confidence, creativity and increase physical activity through dance. You can expect a workout that takes the format of typical dance school classes, with warmups and fun dynamic exercises, including assemblés and pirouettes and much more.
Be prepared for a full-body workout, plus you will learn a host of new ballet moves. It's also perfect for adults, so make it a family affair. You will soon discover that ballet builds strength, stamina and balance and lengthens your muscles. So throw on your tutu and channel that inner ballerina.
What you’ll need
- Some of the exercises require a chair, which will be used as a barre.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move about in. Ballet shoes and tutu are optional!
- Make sure you have a good WiFi connection for the best user experience.
What you’ll do
- The live sessions are on at 4pm every Monday and Wednesday.
- These are live ballet classes streamed on YouTube and Facebook for your kids aged 8-13, following a similar structure to a traditional in-person ballet class.