If you are looking to experience the best museums in the world with your family in the comfort of your own home, make sure that the iconic British Museum virtual tour is at the top of your priority list. Located in the heart of London, delve into this museum with a virtual self-guided tour with Google Arts & Culture and experience the wonderful collection.
Did you realise that the British Museum of London is the world’s largest indoor space on Google Street view? Are you wondering what to see at British museum? Take a virtual walkthrough and experience the highlights for yourselves. So, what is in the British museum? There is so much to see - drop into the Egyptian Sculpture Gallery and see the Rosetta Stone or gaze in amazement at the Egyptian mummies in Rooms 62 and 63. Make sure you check out the Parthenon Sculptures, sometimes known as the Elgin Marbles, which have been on permanent public display in the British Museum since 1817.
British museum exhibitions are really exceptional! You and your kids will love some of the amazing online exhibits that are available for you to admire, including Sicily: culture and conquest, Buddhist art in Myanmar, Egypt: faith after the pharaohs, Traditional Jewellery and Dress from the Balkans and Guatemalan Masks. You may have missed out on the incredible British Museum Troy exhibition, but there is so much more to see and explore.
History buffs will love the Museum of the World, which is an interactive experience through time, continents and cultures. It allows you to look in depth at some fascinating objects from the British Museum’s collection, which are mapped out on a timeline. With so much to learn and see, there is no wonder that this is one of the world’s most-loved museums. Discover more wonders of the art world with a visit to the Louvre in Paris. Or if you are looking to explore the natural world, take a virtual trip and explore the Grand Canyon.
What you’ll need
- A love of art and its history!
- Make sure you have a good WiFi connection for the best user experience.
What you’ll do
- Visit the museum anytime through Google Arts & Culture.
- Experience the amazing collections at the Museum of London, including world-famous objects such as the Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon sculptures, and Egyptian mummies.
- There are so many exhibits to see, including Egypt: faith after the pharaohs, Traditional Jewellery and Dress from the Balkans and Guatemalan Masks.
- For more virtual tours, why not experience the wonders of the Harry Potter: A History of Magic Exhibition from home.