Calling all culture vultures big and small! The doors to this world-famous museum may be temporarily closed but the collections and exhibitions are open to explore. Step inside the National Gallery and explore the greatest collection of paintings and exhibitions from your sofa. Experience the Gallery in virtual reality - browse the collections and tour gallery rooms in 360°. The National Gallery free tours are a treat for the whole family!
The National Gallery is an art museum in Trafalgar Square, London. Founded in 1824, it houses a collection of more than 2,600 of the world's greatest artwork dating from the mid-13th century to 1900. With the virtual tours of the National Gallery, curious kids will be able to explore this mesmerising museum in London from home, and you'll all get to explore plenty of the artworks it holds in the different rooms.
Step into epic Renaissance masterpieces from Northern Italy, the Netherlands and Germany, including works by Titian, Veronese, and Holbein. The awesome Sainsbury Wing holds over 270 Early Renaissance paintings from 1200 to 1500. Explore the Star Trail exhibition, dive into the story of Monet's Water Lily Pond, admire the Sunflowers by Vincent Van Gogh and marvel at the Leonardo da Vinci masterpiece, The Virgin of the Rocks. Plus, with Google Street View you can complete your National Gallery virtual tour and move through Rooms 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15 and Central Hall as if you're actually in the gallery itself.
These self-guided tours are an amazing way to spend the afternoon. Wherever you are in the world, take a tour of the National Gallery of art, London! Discover more wonders of the art world with free virtual art gallery tours.
What you’ll need
- A love of art and its history!
- Make sure you have a good WiFi connection for the best user experience.
What you’ll do
- Visit the National Gallery anytime through free virtual tours on their website.
- There's so much to see and so many exhibitions to explore! Check out epic Renaissance masterpieces from Northern Italy, the Netherlands and Germany, including works by Titian, Veronese, and Holbein. Admire the Star Trail exhibition, learn about the story of Monet's Water Lily Pond, take a look at the Sunflowers by Vincent Van Gogh and marvel at the Leonardo da Vinci masterpiece, The Virgin of the Rocks.
- For more art gallery tours, why not explore modern art in the big apple.