Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
In a world where everyone seems to have a herd mentality, it is indeed extraordinary be different from the rest.
Being different from others is no rocket science. In fact, it is easy to be one's self, unhindered by what others think of you.
A person who is unique in his thoughts and actions is never deterred by others' opinions or criticisms. It is someone who chooses to walk alone and even takes the road less traveled. A person who has their individuality intact will never go after the crowd or blindly follow the trends that everyone else seems to be obsessed with. As a result, such a person becomes an outstanding and remarkable embodiment of uniqueness that sets them apart from the rest. Quotes about being different will inspire you to accept who you are and cherish your identity. So, here we have some of the best quotes about being different and doing different things that will help you discover your individual self.
If you like our be different quotes, do check out our [be bold quotes] and [be fearless quotes].
Famous Quotes About Being Different
You don't really have to be like everyone else because you were born to be you, and these famous be different quotes and sayings here teach just that! Check out these really beautiful quotes, we think every person is unique and stunning!
1. "I didn't belong as a kid, and that always bothered me. If only I'd known that one day my differentness would be an asset, then my early life would have been much easier."
2. "Don't let anyone tell you that you have to be a certain way. Be unique. Be what you feel."
3. "Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done."
-Benjamin E. Mays.
4. "Embrace your uniqueness. Time is much too short to be living someone else's life."
5. "I think being different, going against the grain of society is the greatest thing in the world."
6. "So what? You're another person, so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for? "
7. "The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique."
8. "Insist on yourself; never imitate."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson.
9. "Being different is good; embrace it."
10. "If you’re different, you will stand out."
11. "At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time."
12. "I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe lead you."
13. "I am different, not less."
14. "The things that make me different are the things that make me."
-Winnie the Pooh.
15. "Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself."
-Luna Lovegood, 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows', 2007.
Song Quotes About Being Different And Unique
We can always learn a thing or two about individuality from songs. Check out these, to be different quotes and be different quotes from famous songs and be inspired because uniqueness can be the hardest battle any human fights.
16. "I don't want to be
Anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to do
Is think of me and I have peace of mind..."
-Gavin DeGraw, 'I Don't Want To Be', 2003.
17. "I'm different and I don't care who knows it
Somethin' about me
Is not the same
I'm different and that's how it goes..."
-Randy Newman, 'I'm Different', 1983.
18. "Oh and never be afraid of doing something different
Dare to be something more..."
-Hunter Hayes, 'Invisible', 2014.
19. "And people like to laugh at you cause they are all the same, mmm
See I would rather we just go our different way than play the game, mmm..."
-P!nk, 'Just Like Fire', 2016.
20. "We'll dance to our own beat,
Won't sing to your melody
We don't care if we're the only
People swimming in the sea
We'll do this all our own way..."
-MisterWives, 'Hurricane', 2015.
21. "Cause ever since the beginning
To keep the world spinning
It takes all kinds of kinds (All kinds of kinds)
All kinds of kinds..."
-Miranda Lambert, 'All Kinds Of Kinds', 2011.
22. "Tell me please
Would you one time just let me be myself
So I can shine
With my own light.
Let me be myself..."
-3 Doors Down, 'Let Me Be Myself', 2008.
23. "But it's all right now
I learned my lesson well
You see, ya can't please everyone
So ya got to please yourself..."
-Ricky Nelson, 'Garden Party', 1972.
The Best Quotes That Dare You To Be Different
Don't be afraid to be different quotes help us embrace our singularity. These dare to be different quotes below will fill you with motivation to be unique.
24. "In the social jungle of human existence, there is no feeling of being alive without a sense of identity."
25. "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I – I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
26. “When you embrace your difference, your DNA, your look or heritage or religion or your unusual name, that’s when you start to shine.”
27. "What sets you apart can sometimes feel like a burden and it’s not. And a lot of the time, it’s what makes you great."
28. "Just take a look at the coolest people in history. They will always be a part of history for being extremely original individuals, not imitations."
29. "My advice to anyone being picked on for being different or for working towards a dream is to remember it's never personal. These people don't actually dislike you at heart. They're just going through difficult things in their own personal lives."
30. “Being different and thinking differently make a person unforgettable. History does not remember the forgettable. It honors the unique minority the majority cannot forget.”
31. "Always refuse to be like the others! The more you become similar to the others the more you will be useless because there are already plenty of the others!"
-Mehmet Murat ildan.
32. "The most incredible beauty and the most satisfying way of life come from affirming your own uniqueness."
— Jane Fonda
33. "If you copy, it means you're working without any real feeling. No two people on earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or it isn't music."
34. "If I'm going to sing like someone else, then I don't need to sing at all."
35. “Ordinary people are products of their environment and fit in. Artists transcend their environment and stand out.”
36. "For a really long time, I thought being different was a negative thing. But as I grew older, I started to realize we were all born to stand out; nobody is born to blend in."
37. "When someone tells you that you are different, smile and hold your head up and be proud."
38. "Individualism is rather like innocence; there must be something unconscious about it."
39. "When I was young, I felt out of place — too loud, too full of fire, never good at sitting still, never good at fitting in. And then one day, I realized something — something that I hope you all realize. Different is good."
40. "Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself."
41. "In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different."
42. "Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good."
43. "To see something different gives you a chance to be something different!"
-Mehmet Murat ildan.
44. "So you’re a little weird? Work it! A little different? Own it! Better to be a nerd than one of the herd!"
45. "Life's no piece of cake, mind you, but the recipe's my own to fool with."
46. "Whatever you do, be different – that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can’t think of better advice for an entrepreneur."
47. "To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."
-E. E. Cummings.
48. "The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been before."
49. "People have a problem with me being different, but that propels me forward in life."
Mary Louise Parker.
50. "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
-Henry David Thoreau.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Be Different Quotes then why not take a look at: [be brave quotes], or [beautiful wildflower quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.