Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
A rainbow baby is a baby who is born after the miscarriage, stillborn or neonatal death of a previous child.
It's a blessing for the parents to have a child. The term 'rainbow baby' helps people create awareness about the process of healing and loss.
A child always brings happiness to the parents. A sunshine baby is one who was born before a miscarriage, stillbirth, infant death, or other early loss of a child. In the event that either or both of the parents have gone through a miscarriage or have experienced a stillbirth in the past, the experience is one of the most traumatizing experiences they would ever encounter in their lives. It is, therefore, no surprise that in such dark moments, parents would turn to rainbow baby quotes that could act as a life changer and show a path in such dark times. These carefully curated quotes about the rainbow baby could help bring about positive reinforcement and act as a source of hope for the parents struggling through this terrible ordeal. The quotes about the rainbow baby are related to offerings of hope and can take away the anxiety in some way or the other in life.
If you love what you read, then check out [rainbow quotes] and comfort quotes.
My Rainbow Baby Quotes
The positive rainbow baby quotes bring some sort of rain of peace and will help you celebrate the little bundle of joy you have in your life.
1. "The pain you have been feeling can't compare to the joy that is coming."
- The Bible, Romans, 8:18.
2. "Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our hearts forever."
3. "Let me, O let me bathe my soul in colours; let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow."
- Kahlil Gibran.
4. "Everybody wants happiness, and nobody wants pain, but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain."
- Zion Lee.
5. "My heart is like a rainbow shell,
That paddles in a halcyon sea;
My heart is gladder than all these,
Because my love is come to me."
- Christina Rossetti, 'A Birthday'.
6. "Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."
– Lord Byron.
My Miracle Baby Quotes
We have created a list of miracle quotes that will help you cope up with the grief and add a rainbow to your lives in the form of a rainbow baby.
7. "We needed something to express our joy, our beauty, our power. And the rainbow did that."
– Gilbert Baker.
8. "Walk on a rainbow trail; walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail."
– Robert Motherwell.
9. "This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss you lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for you eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, love to complete your life."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
10. "The true harvest of my daily life is somewhat as intangible and indescribable as the tints of morning or evening, ot is a little star-dust caught, a segment of the rainbow which I have clutched."
- Henry David Thoreau, 'Walden'.
Quotes About Rainbow Babies
Whether you're hoping for a rainbow baby as a gift or are currently expecting one, miscarriage quotes will help you manage the loss and anxiety more through self-care.
11. "Love was a feeling completely bound up with color like thousands of rainbows superimposed one on top of the other."
— Paulo Coelho.
12. "Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true."
- Yip Harburg
13. "Without darkness, nothing comes to birth, as without light, nothing flowers."
— May Sarton.
14. "It is called a rainbow baby because it is like a rainbow after a storm: something beautiful after something scary and dark."
- Jennifer Kulp-Makarov, M.D., FACOG.
15. "Out of difficulties, we grow miracles."
— Jean de la Bruyere.
16. "The people who guard the rainbow don't like those who get in the way of the sun."
— Terry Pratchett, 'Going Postal'.
New Baby Quotes
Everyone in the universe is thankful for the lives that they get. The thankful-for-baby quotes will help you welcome the angel baby or baby girl with all the happiness.
17. "You are the rainbow that adds colors to my gray skies."
— Avijeet Das.
18. "When we lose one blessing, another is most often unexpectedly given in its place."
— C.S. Lewis.
19. "How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts."
— Dorothy Ferguson.
20. "You'll learn to lower your expectations about what you can accomplish in a day. Some days, it will be all you can do to keep baby safe, warm, and fed. And that will be enough."
21. "Babies are necessary to grown-ups. A new baby is like the beginning of all things—wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."
- Eda LeShan, 'The Conspiracy Against Childhood'.
22. "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."
Positive Baby Quotes
The parents break down if they suffer any child-related loss. These quotes will help you brighten up your mood.
23. "Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others."
-Marcus Tullius Cicero.
24. "The birth and newborn stage of a rainbow baby are different for parents who have suffered a loss. They can expect a rush of strong and complicated emotions."
- Dr. Kulp-Makarov.
25. "For this child we have prayed.”
- The Bible, Samuel, 1:27-28.
26. "Oh, God of Dust and Rainbows, Help us to see, That without the dust the rainbow, would not be."
- Langston Hughes.
27. "All the stars in the universe danced on the day you were born."
28. "Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."
– Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
29. "Nobody had ever had a rainbow baby until they had the rain."
-Jim Croce, 'Tomorrow's Gonna Be A Brighter Day'.
30. "Rainbows remind us that even after the darkest clouds, and the fiercest winds, there is still beauty."
– Katrina Mayer.
31. "The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow."
32. "She is the gold at the end of our rainbow."
33. "Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud."
– Maya Angelou.
Here at Kidadl, we have listed down the rainbow baby sayings, which will inspire parents to have more reason to continue to strive hard in coping with their grief and sorrows. If you liked our suggestions for rainbow baby quotes, then why not take a look at quotes to get you through hard times or feel better quotes.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.