Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Anticipation is an absolute myriad of emotions that have notes of restlessness and joy, and so are these quotes!
These anticipation quotes are worthy and insightful. Anticipation is essentially an anxious expectation infused with some pleasure and mild nervousness, where you have to wait for something precious or worthy, but often it's worth it in the end.
As they say, the anticipation of anything is bittersweet, but it brings a variety of emotions and some adrenaline rush too, but it actually amplifies the intensity of excitement of many important events. Never forget that anticipation is an important part of life, work, and so you need to accept it, it can be a good thing. Anticipation is an important infusion of feelings, and waiting is mostly full of eagerness, and so with this intriguing collection of anticipation quotes, you'll never refuse to enjoy things in life.
For more quotes, take a look at our [waiting quotes] and be bold quotes.
Thoughtful Quotes On Anticipation
This collection of anticipation quotes will help you cherish the true bittersweet taste of anticipation.
1. "Never forget that anticipation is an important part of life. Work's important, the family's important, but without excitement, you have nothing. You're cheating yourself if you refuse to enjoy what's coming."
- Nicholas Sparks.
2. "We love to expect, and when an expectation is either disappointed or gratified, we want to be again expecting."
- Samuel Johnson.
3. "People don't realize that now is all there ever is; there is no past or future except as memory or anticipation in your mind."
- Eckhart Tolle.
4. "Anticipation was the soul of enjoyment."
– Elizabeth Gaskell.
5. "We need the sweet pain of anticipation to tell us we are really alive."
– Albert Camus.
6. "You can be taught so much, but the sense of anticipation cannot be taught."
- Paulie Malignaggi.
7. "Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil."
8. "The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting."
– Andy Warhol.
9. "Such is the state of life, that none are happy but by the anticipation of change: the change itself is nothing; when we have made it, the next wish is to change again."
- Samuel Johnson.
10. "Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences."
- Norman Cousins.
11. "The pleasure isn't in doing the thing; the pleasure is in planning it."
- John Green, 'Paper Towns.'
12. "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy."
– Lao Tzu.
13. "Somehow, the anticipation of pain can be even more troubling, more a misery than the pain itself."
– Joanne Harris.
14. "There is no terror in the bang, only in anticipation of it."
- Alfred Hitchcock.
15. "Anticipation is a gift. Perhaps there is none greater."
– Steven L. Peck., 'A Short Stay In Hell.'
16. "A great source of calamity lies in regret and anticipation; therefore, a person is wise who thinks of the present alone, regardless of the past or future."
- Oliver Goldsmith.
17. "If I had to live my life in anticipation of what others thought of me, little would get done."
- Henry Rollins.
18. "An intense anticipation itself transforms possibility into reality; our desires being often but precursors of the things which we are capable of performing."
- Samuel Smiles.
19. "When I think something nice is going to happen, I seem to fly right up on the wings of anticipation, and then the first thing I realize, I drop down to earth with a thud. But really, Marilla, the flying part is glorious as long as it lasts... it's like soaring through a sunset. I think it almost pays for the thud."
- Lucy Maud Montgomery, 'Anne of Avonlea.'
20. "I can't help flying up on the wings of anticipation. It's as glorious as soaring through a sunset... almost pays for the thud."
- Lucy Maud Montgomery, 'Anne Of Green Gables.'
Anticipation Book Quotes
These quotes are all gathered from various books, and these quotes will inspire you as you wait for your upcoming ventures.
21. "Anticipation of pleasure is, in itself, a very considerable pleasure."
- David Hume.
22. "She understood perfectly that when the object of anticipation becomes paramount, trouble begins to lurk like a panther."
- Richard Ford.
23. "It is sometimes but the mere hope for enjoyment that allows one to enjoy something, even when he is not really enjoying it at the moment."
- Criss Jami.
24. "Remember this: anticipation is the ultimate power. Losers react; leaders anticipate."
- Tony Robbins.
25. "The morning's recollection of the emptiness of the day before. Its anticipation of the emptiness of the day to come."
- David Markson.
26. "When the Attorney-General ceased, a buzz arose in the court as if a cloud of great blue-flies were swarming about the prisoner, in anticipation of what he was soon to become."
- Charles Dickens.
27. "To be intuitive is to possess a godly characteristic: to be bad at second-guessing the good."
- Criss Jami.
28. "Anticipation, I suppose, sometimes exceeds realization."
- Amelia Earhart.
29. "Anticipation! It occurred to him that his anticipation was more pleasant to him than the experiencing."
- Patricia Highsmith.
30. "Anticipation is born of hope. Indeed it is hope's finest expression. In hope's loss, however, is the greatest despair."
- Steven L. Peck.
31. "Nature, even in the act of satisfying anticipation, often provides a surprise."
- Alfred North Whitehead.
32. "In waiting, I learn to live with the anticipations of loss—"
- Jill Alexander Essbaum.
33. "On this diet of expectation, he had fairly frenzied himself by the time he arrived."
- Iris Murdoch.
34. "Hope meets a dead end when the only chance insight comes to naught."
- Pawan Mishra.
35. "The space between fear and anticipation is a waking nightmare of recrimination and doubt. I'm perpetually trapped in the knowledge of my own inferiority."
- Gennifer Albin.
36. "I was like a child leaving a gift unwrapped, the anticipation more exciting than the reality."
- Karen White.
37. "And I will never again underestimate the power of anticipation. There is no better boost in the present than an invitation into the future."
- Caroline Kepnes.
38."Faith is purely anticipatory, in the sense that it already has an effect when it mobilizes the existence of the anticipatory towards the goal through anticipation."
- Peter Sloterdijk.
39. "Be willing to give, but only when you aren't expecting anything in return."
- Criss Jami.
40. "I just hope — if he does come — it won't be some sort of horror show."
- Iris Murdoch.
Insightful Anticipation Sayings
Here are some sayings to calm your eager mind and have ecstatic times of wait.
41. "Anticipation is sometimes more exciting than actual events."
- Ana Monnar.
42. "As Daddy said, life is 95 percent anticipation."
- Gloria Swanson.
43. "Thrills are much more about anticipation than action. An unfired bullet is more dangerous than one that has already met its target."
- Ashwin Sanghi.
44. "Anticipation and Hope are born twins."
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
45. "Anticipation leads the way to victory and is the spur to conquest."
– Nicolas Chamfort.
46. "We cannot feel good about an imaginary future when we are busy feeling bad about an actual present."
- Daniel Gilbert.
47. "Conscience is, in most men, an anticipation of the opinions of others."
- Henry Taylor.
48. "Our worst fears lie in anticipation."
- Don Draper, 'Mad Men.'
49. "The price we pay for the anticipation of the future is anxiety about it."
- Carl Sagan, 'Dragons of Eden: Speculations on the Evolution of Human Intelligence.'
50. "I look forward to death with great anticipation, to meeting God face to face."
- Billy Graham.
51. "This is the precept by which I have lived: Prepare for the worst; expect the best, and take what comes."
- Hannah Arendt.
52. "After all, our worst misfortunes never happen, and most miseries lie in anticipation."
- Honoré de Balzac.
53. "Anticipation is not to expect less from you or to be more than what you can be."
- Alan Maicon.
54. "When you get these franchises with some built-in profiles and anticipation... I think the anticipation and the buildup can exceed the delivery."
- Kevin Reilly.
55. "Contentment is the equilibrium between the enjoyment of life now and the anticipation of what is to come.
- Priscilla Shirer.
56. "When people come to a race, part of it is the anticipation: 'What is he going to do?'"
- Usain Bolt.
57. "Finally, after more than a year of unprecedented anticipation, the talking stops, and the cricket begins."
- Jonathan Agnew.
58. "Nobody knows what anticipation is anymore. Everything is so immediate."
- Joan Jett.
59. "Nothing is ever so good or so bad in reality as it is in the anticipation."
- Marie Bashkirtseff.
60. "Horror by definition is the emotion of pure revulsion. Terror of the same standard is that of fearful anticipation."
- Dario Argento.
61. "I have good anticipation and good reaction to the ball because I've played so many matches in my life."
- Martina Hingis.
Anticipation Love Quotes
This list of quotes will dissolve strands of hope and curiosity within. Did you know: many people anticipating their love's arrival ease their nerves by eating honey!
62. "She watched unguarded emotion wash across his face as he sank into her. Wonder...Pleasure...Need....Anticipation...Love. Under it, all, infusing every look, every action, every touch. Love."
- Anne Calhoun.
63. "For what we cannot accomplish, what is denied to love, what we have lost in the anticipation a descent follows, endless and indestructible."
- William Carlos Williams.
64. "We expect too much at Christmas. It's got to be magical....It's got to go right....Feasting...Fun....The perfect present....All that anticipation. Take it easy....Love's the thing....The rest is tinsel."
- Pam Brown.
65. "I love you now for what we've already shared, and I love you now in anticipation of all that's to come."
- Nicholas Sparks.
66. "Fear is the anticipation of pain; it most often never becomes true."
- Debasish Mridha.
67. "Some books are so beautiful and intriguing that you never want to put them down, forever leaving you in anticipation to read the next page. Some people are the same way."
- Katie Douglas.
68. "Love - an anticipation of a future because we never know what the future will bring, but we know we want it with that person."
- Shane Kaelle.
69. "Most of our life we spend in anticipation but not in participation."
- Debasish Mridha.
70. "Ah! when will this long weary day have end, And lend me leave to come unto my love?"
- Edmund Spenser.
71. "I don't miss the frustration of youth, the anticipation of love and pain, the paralysis of choices still ahead. The pressure of "What are you going to do?" makes everybody feel like they haven't done anything yet."
- Amy Poehler.
72. "If pleasures are greatest in anticipation, just remember that this is also true of trouble."
- Elbert Hubbard.
73. "Anticipation is the electricity of childhood."
- Jason Kotecki.
74. "Anticipation is the greater part of pleasure."
- Angela Carter.
75. "It is expectation makes a blessing dear; Heaven were not heaven if we knew what it were. "
- John Suckling.
76. "Be happy in anticipation of what's coming."
- Esther Hicks.
77. "If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed."
78. "The anticipation of touch is one of the most potent sensations on earth."
- Richard J. Finch.
79. "The poetry is all in the anticipation, for there is none in reality."
- Mark Twain.
80. "Animals love and suffer, cry and laugh; their hearts rise up in anticipation and fall in despair ... they feel."
- Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson.
81. "Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless."
- Gilbert K. Chesterton.
82. "Experience finds few of the scenes that lively hope designs."
- George Crabbe.
Quotes About Anticipation
Here is an ultimate collection of quotes about waiting and anticipation to suffice the hunger of your mind.
83. "Tension is anticipation and uncertainty. Every art has to have it."
- Rex Brandt.
84. "Anticipating pain was like enduring it twice. Why not anticipate pleasure instead?"
- Robin Hobb.
85. "Anticipation forward points the view."
- Robert Burns.
86. "Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us."
- Samuel Smiles.
87. "Men spend their lives in anticipations—in determining to be vastly happy at some period when they have time."
- Charles Caleb Colton.
88. "Without the anticipation of better things ahead, we will have no heart for the journey."
- John Eldredge.
89. "Expecting is the greatest impediment to living. In anticipation of tomorrow, it loses today."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
90. "I love the first hour of a horror movie, the fear, and anticipation. Then, when it gets bloody, I lose interest."
- Sean Durkin.
91. "Our desires always disappoint us, for though we meet with something that gives us satisfaction, yet it never thoroughly answers our expectation."
- Elbert Hubbard.
92. "Perpetual anticipation is good for the soul, but it's bad for the heart."
- Stephen Sondheim.
93. "Anxiety and anticipation, I was to learn, are the essential ingredients in suffering from pain, as opposed to feeling pain pure and simple."
- Lucy Grealy.
94. "Best not to anticipate too much; it jiggles the possibility."
- Donald Barthelme.
95. "Successful investing is anticipating the anticipations of others."
96. "Not to anticipate is already to moan."
- Leonardo da Vinci.
97. "Worry is a morbid anticipation of events which never happen."
- Russell Green.
98. "...anticipation of happiness can sometimes be as gratifying as its consummation."
- Gaynor Arnold.
99. "Faith shows assurance while anticipation brings doubt."
- Nancy Winningham.
100 "The wise man avoids evil by anticipating it."
- Publilius Syrus.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Anticipation quotes, then why not take a look at you only live once quotes, or you can do anything quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.