Get inspiration for education!
Subscribe for virtual tools, STEM-inspired play, creative tips and more
Do you end up procrastinating when you have to the chores?
Cleaning your home may take forever to check off your to-do list. This love-hate relationship with cleaning is shared by so many of us.
These quotes about cleaning will motivate you to make your house sparkling clean. The cleaning quotes we have compiled for you talk about the fun times spent cleaning, as well as the panicked cleaning before the arrival of an unexpected guest, and much more. If you have glanced through our new chapter quotes and new day quotes then these cleaning quotes will surely inspire you to get the job done!
Spring Cleaning Quotes
A spring clean is a special clean of the home, carried out in springtime. The trick in keeping your house neat and tidy is to make sure you properly clean the house and throw away the stuff that is not in use. If you gather unnecessary things this will lead to storage problems and everything will just pile up. If you need some motivation in cleaning your house, then these cleaning quotes will help you!
1. "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."
- Phyllis Diller.
2. "We dream of having a clean house — but who dreams of actually doing the cleaning?"
- Marcus Buckingham.
3. "My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you?"
- Erma Bombeck.
4. "Nothing inspires cleanliness more than an unexpected guest."
- Radhika Mundra.
5. "You don't get anything clean without getting something else dirty."
- Cecil Baxter.
6. "Have you ever taken anything out of the clothes basket because it had become, relatively, the cleaner thing?"
- Katherine Whitehorn.
7. "Dogs do not grasp the concept of house cleaning."
- Dave Barry.
8. "If your house is really a mess and a stranger comes to the door, greet him with, 'Who could have done this? We have no enemies.'"
- Phyllis Diller.
9. "Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?"
10. "The objective of cleaning is not just to clean, but to feel happiness living within that environment."
- Marie Kondo.
11. "Cleaning with children in the house really is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos."
- Joleigh Little.
12. "Cleaning and organizing is a practice not a project."
- Meagan Francis.
13. “Dust is a protective coating for fine furniture."
- Mario Buatta.
14. “I always clean before the cleaning lady comes. If not, when I come home, I can’t find anything. Cleaning ladies are always hiding things you leave out.”
- Celia Cruz.
15. “It’s all in the attitude… housework is exercise. Slim your way to a clean home!”
- Linda Solegato.
16. “Your home is living space, not storage space.”
- Francine Jay.
17. “The stuff you own has to help you create the life you want. And if it doesn’t, why is it in your home?”
- Peter Walsh.
18. “Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy.”
19. "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward."
- Kurt Vonnegut.
20. "Housework is like cleaning fish. No matter how often you do it, it still stinks."
- Thelma Harper.
Motivational Quotes For Cleaning
These cleaning quotes will help you gather up the motivation to clean up your place. While cleaning you can glance through these cleaning quotes to add some fun.
21. "Cleaning anything involves making something else dirty, but anything can get dirty without something else getting clean."
- Laurence J. Peter.
22. "Excuse the mess, but we live here. "
- Roseanne Barr.
23. "A man thinks all dust stays outdoors."
- Ernest Vincent Wright.
24. "At worst, a house unkept cannot be so distressing as a life unlived."
- Rose Macaulay.
25. "You do not get gold stars for cleaning your toilet. In actual life, there is a depressing lack of stickers."
- Alexandra Petri.
26. "Life is denied by lack of attention, whether it be to cleaning windows or trying to write a masterpiece."
- Nadia Boulanger.
27. "I think cleaning house at the CIA needed to happen"
- Pete Hoekstra.
28. "I'd find it demeaning to be cleaning toilets."
- Jack Kevorkian.
29. "All I'm thinking about today is cleaning my bathroom."
- Linda Fiorentino.
30. “As I would soon learn myself, cleaning up what a parent leaves behind stirs up dust, both literal and metaphorical. It dredges up memories."
- Roz Chast.
31. “Perfectionism means that you try not to leave so much mess to clean up. But clutter and mess show us that life is being lived.”
- Anne Lamot.
32. “Her mind is a mess, and she has no intention of cleaning today.”
- Alfa H.
33. “In taking a bath one is admitting he is dirty. In humility, he strips off all dignity and return as-was-born for natural cleaning.”
- Vincent Okay Nwachukwu.
34. “I think homes that are too tidy, neat and sparse look like nothing interesting is going on.”
- Shelley Malec Vitale.
35. "To be happy keep the treasures and throw out the trash."
- Stephen Inoue.
36. “Love people, use things. The opposite never works.”
- Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus, 'The Minimalists'.
37. “Decluttering can be overwhelming, so start with that one small thing. Clean out your junk drawers. It can lead to so many more beautiful things. Start there, and you’ll find yourself cleaning the whole rest of the house.”
- Bobby Berk.
Decluttering your home of all the mess is an exhausting job. These cleaning quotes will help your job be a little less exhausting. So, put on a smile and get reading these cleaning quotes, to do the cleaning with all your heart!
38. “Decluttering is infinitely easier when you think of it as deciding what to keep, rather than deciding what to throw away."
- Francine Jay.
39. “Clutter is not just the stuff on your floor – it’s anything that stands between you and the life you want to be living.”
- Peter Walsh.
40. “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”
- William Morris.
41. "A perfectly kept house is the sign of a misspent life."
- Mary Randolph Carter.
42. "A new broom sweeps clean, but the old broom knows the corners."
- Irish Proverb.
43. "A clean place makes a happy space."
- Unknown *.
44. "There’s something about a clean house, a clean room. It does wonders for the psyche."
- Brian Sansoni.
45. "Cleaning up with children around is like shoveling during a blizzard."
- Margaret Culkin Banning.
46. "Housework is something you do that nobody notices until you don’t do it."
- Unknown *.
47. "All will come out in the washing."
- Miguel de Cervantes.
48. "God loveth the clean."
49. "Certainly this is a duty, not a sin. Cleanliness is indeed next to godliness."
- John Wesley.
50. "Wash you, make you clean."
- Isaiah 1:16.
51. "If dirt was trumps, what hands you would hold!"
- Charles Lamb.
52. "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them."
- Benjamin Disraeli.
Funny Cleaning House Quotes
You can make your household cleaning more organized by dividing chores between you and your family members. Cleaning your house does not always have to be a boring and exhausting task. Discard everything that is not in use and give away the stuff you do not use anymore. These tips from a range of people will help you organize and make your home a better place.
53. "Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world."
- George Bernard Shaw.
54. "Cleaning up the country cannot be the sole responsibility of sweepers. Do citizens have no role in this? We have to change this mindset."
- Narendra Modi.
55. "Mahatma Gandhi never compromised on cleanliness. He gave us freedom. We should give him a clean India."
- Narendra Modi.
56. "Cleanliness is a state of purity, clarity, and precision."
- Suze Orman.
57. "Cleanliness may be defined to be the emblem of purity of mind."
- Joseph Addison.
58. "Housekeeping is like being caught in a revolving door."
- Marcelene Cox.
59. "Housework is work directly opposed to the possibility of human self-actualization."
- Ann Oakley.
60. "My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors."
- Bette Midler.
61. "The best time for planning a book is while you're doing the dishes."
- Agatha Christie.
62. "There is no daily chore so trivial that it cannot be made important by skipping it two days running."
- Robert Brault.
63. "I have sporadic OCD cleaning moments around the house. But then I get lazy and I'm cured. It's a very inconsistent personality trait. "
- Chris Hemsworth.
64."Have a place for everything and keep the thing somewhere else; this is not a piece of advice, it is merely a custom. "
- Mark Twain.
65. “Women with clean houses do not have finished books.”
― Joy Held.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for cleaning quotes, then why not take a look at these new month quotes and today is a new day quotes for more quotes from interesting and inspiring people
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.